Skip to main content

Ask Alex 2014 (EP of Big Brother)

they may have, but he continued to look like a fruit loop dingus going on the accusatory retorts

Yeah, Michael was a bit strong with his argument considering he never saw it when it was only hear say by friends. However he did have an argument, i still remember that HL Show and how BB showed David & Michael leaning in together before cutting to another camera in the bathroom where you could barely see them from above. So this personally for me, was the first moment that BB wasn't just engineering situations between HM's (we all knew that), but rather "Frankenstein" the footage to tell a narrative that wasn't true. I thought he did well considering by this time Gretel was a pro at presenting and was right at home. She did ask the hard questions which i liked.

Yeah, Michael was a bit strong with his argument considering he never saw it when it was only hear say by friends. However he did have an argument, i still remember that HL Show and how BB showed David & Michael leaning in together before cutting to another camera in the bathroom where you could barely see them from above. So this personally for me, was the first moment that BB wasn't just engineering situations between HM's (we all knew that), but rather "Frankenstein" the footage to tell a narrative that wasn't true. I thought he did well considering by this time Gretel was a pro at presenting and was right at home. She did ask the hard questions which i liked.
now that you mention it, I remember on the bb boards that a lot of people were asking whether a kiss had been initiated. I somewhat remember footage where it looked to be this way and it didn't show the after shots. so much I have forgotten over the years. I think Michael does get defensive pretty easily and can be riled up, but he doesn't back down and I can appreciate that. Theres no way i will have anyone turn my words on me either, but he just lacks diplomacy.

I replied to insider06 and said something along the same lines in the original deleted thread. I strongly disagree with anyone who labels Michael '06 a villain. He might've been a smart arse pain in the arse who got ahead of himself at times with his 'strategies' and what not but I struggle to recall anything he did that could be accurately described as 'villainous'.
Michael was a villain and he was a great one! How is stealing the house tooth brushes in an attempt to stir up conflict not villainess?

Just thought of another question....

I personally would love to see Zach from the current season of BBUSA make an appearance, but I realise that this is just a pipe dream.

I would + this a million times if I could ;)

Thank God that ZACH was evicted from the BBUS house last week!!!!! Now I don't have to look at his face or hear his obnoxious voice every time the show airs (only three times a week). Indigo and Jordan, I know you idolize him but trust me, he is not what you want to bring home to mama!!! And thankfully I now don't have to watch his Florida Gator chop. I am proudly a Alabama ROLL TIDE fan!!!

Is there any way that the BB site could have the geoblocking removed? Ever since channel 9 has managed BBAU the videos on the site will not play for any of the fans in the US because they are blocked. We can read the text and see photos but all of the video content have the logo "Video is not available at your location". I know we have lost live feeds but this takes even Big Brother sanctioned video away from everyone outside of Australia!!

Please help us, we are deprived!!! BBAU is soooo much better that BBUS!!

Is there any way that the BB site could have the geoblocking removed? Ever since channel 9 has managed BBAU the videos on the site will not play for any of the fans in the US because they are blocked. We can read the text and see photos but all of the video content have the logo "Video is not available at your location". I know we have lost live feeds but this takes even Big Brother sanctioned video away from everyone outside of Australia!!

Please help us, we are deprived!!! BBAU is soooo much better that BBUS!!

Yes, yes and yes.... please!

Michael was a villain and he was a great one! How is stealing the house tooth brushes in an attempt to stir up conflict not villainess?
gravity.gif

"Pretty lame, Milhouse"

Really? You call that 'villainous'?lol I think most aussies would refer to that as harmless prank playing but uum okay I can see how some might see it differently.

I'd argue Michael is the type of hm this show needs, not pot plants lazing about sunning themselves all day talking drivel or bimbettes tediously fawning (a la The Bachelor) over some dumb meathead jock who has little interest in her besides her looks.

Thank God that ZACH was evicted from the BBUS house last week!!!!! Now I don't have to look at his face or hear his obnoxious voice every time the show airs (only three times a week). Indigo and Jordan, I know you idolize him but trust me, he is not what you want to bring home to mama!!! And thankfully I now don't have to watch his Florida Gator chop. I am proudly a Alabama ROLL TIDE fan!!!
Well I hope you are enjoying a house full of boring people because that is what BBUS has become since Zach has been evicted.

Well let's see... Victoria has 4 wisdom teeth erupting top and bottom and her face is swollen!! Big Brother staff gave her something for the pain. She takes it and faints in the bathroom and she had to be temporally removed from the house. Everyone left is really concerned but she is brought back in with another medicine (still getting wisdom teeth). Nicole and Donnie are both on the chopping block and trying to get people NOT to vote one of them out. The remaining "Demolition Squad" still plotting for the ultimate win but now they will only have themselves to vote out!! Still exciting in the BBUS house.

Well let's see... Victoria has 4 wisdom teeth erupting top and bottom and her face is swollen!! Big Brother staff gave her something for the pain. She takes it and faints in the bathroom and she had to be temporally removed from the house. Everyone left is really concerned but she is brought back in with another medicine (still getting wisdom teeth). Nicole and Donnie are both on the chopping block and trying to get people NOT to vote one of them out. The remaining "Demolition Squad" still plotting for the ultimate win but now they will only have themselves to vote out!! Still exciting in the BBUS house.
OK if find a pagonging entertaining/exciting.

tumblr_n86yjg2duG1sbc6g5o1_400.gif

20354.jpg

tumblr_n86yjg2duG1sbc6g5o1_400.gif

Totally agree - the crowd reactions to the Daily Show clip packages are so annoying. It makes it harder to hear what HMs are saying when the crowd are laughing / cheering / clapping over the top of them.
Yeah, and it also manipulates viewers. When you hear other people's reaction to something during a live show like BB, you usually tend to follow in their motion, even if subconsciously (i.e. in the beginning, every time Ben would say/do/appear on-screen, the audience would collectively laugh or cheer, even if something he said wasn't even funny - but it affects the way viewers perceive someone by hearing such a one-sided reaction to something they do... or even don't do).

Really? You call that 'villainous'?lol I think most aussies would refer to that as harmless prank playing but uum okay I can see how some might see it differently.

I'd argue Michael is the type of hm this show needs, not pot plants lazing about sunning themselves all day talking drivel or bimbettes tediously fawning (a la The Bachelor) over some dumb meathead jock who has little interest in her besides her looks.
Yes it was villainess because it wasn't a prank. Michael said himself it was not a prank. It was part of his strategy. He even swore on his Mum's life that he didn't steal them which was resulted in some hilarious, over dramatic comments from his fellow housemates. He did several other things as well that made him a villain and a very entertaining one at that.

That is exactly what I am arguing?? You seem to think that I am labelling Michael as a shitty housemate because I referred to him as a villain. I love the villains! They are always the best characters imo. My username is based on Michael and I 100% agree that he is the type of housemate this show needs. I was not insinuating that there is a negative connotation attached to the label "villain." I think you have misunderstood what I am trying to say. I think you should re-read my original post involving Michael because I said he is the type of housemate this show needs.

Back