Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

The problem with the current Jump-In website and ~tweeting along with the show~ is that it doesn't promote discussion. It's essentially talking into a void. Who care's that 53% of people would have done what Priya & Katie did. It's a superficial statistic, and does no favours for the show other than create the illusion of interactivity. What has kept the BB format alive for ALL THESE YEARS? DISCCUSION! I don't know how much traffic the official site received, but I DO know that as someone who rarely visited the official BBAU website, I loved coming here to talk about what was happening with other members. The live updates had a ripple effect, regardless of how much ad revenue they got for updating their site with live content, it DID support the show and the fanbase. If the show continues to bleed viewers, it won't be because the "format is tired" (or whatever lame excuse Ch9 will pull out of their arse), it's because they ripped the discussion out at it's root. Hashtags and retweets only have so much value in the face of social media, but as Tim said Ch9 don't realise that!

That whole 'Radar' thing on Jump-Off is a bit of a joke without live updates. People are only mentioning the HMs when the show is on otherwise it's crickets on SM.

Whoever hosts the site, they have some basic layour designs and some crappy features built in. One is clearly this social media tracker. It's useless and no one cares. They can't actually do useful consent and so using filler stuff like that.

How does the shitty radar work anyway? Is it hashtag mentions (like #Jason or something), or name mentions with the #BBAU hashtag, or what? It doesn't really make sense to me.

Ah cool, thanks.

So it's even more meaningless and inaccurate than I thought, haha. I mean, are we really supposed to add an extra five characters every time we want to tweet about a housemate? Character space on Twitter is valuable!

<sarcasm>
Yeah, but it's just SOOOOOO interactive.
</sarcasm>

I realized after BB/Channel9 whomever censored Jason's brother (who made no denials, just said that his parents have reached full acceptance now and that he was never 'disowned') that the show is as I feared. It has become constructed reality.

To me it seems like the producers have decided to spend money on the house rather than paying a writer to constantly update the website.
The website probably doesn't get that much traffic, so it probably didn't seem worth it.
Which totally sucks! Oh how i miss the days of live feed

For me, the best thing about this show is seeing the relationships form between these people. I'm bummed that when they were on the couch discussing their "headline", the episode focused on the story but cut to the next person without panning to show any of the reactions to the stories, any comments made, etc. That kind of thing used to be found on the website, via live streaming, then via live feed, but now we have no way of seeing those small moments that form the foundation for further relationships.

What a shame!

I just want to add to all the people that have said they won't be adding to the ratings, unless you have a ratings box in your house provided by OZtam what you watch does not matter at all.
I think the only way "we" as in the loyal fans can send any sort of message to Nine is to not vote at all. Sure there will be the usual idiot teenage girls who are still voting, but if everyone here on this forum promises that they will not vote AT ALL this year, we might just put a dent (big or small) into the revenue and we all know that Channel Nine are money hungry. If they see that less people are voting they might take a look at what they are be doing wrong and correct it.

I'm an American, so I can't vote. You automatically have my support.

Back