Skip to main content

Are teachers the best housemates?

I can agree totally with that. I love tonight how Priya spoke to the boys about how she felt. She was correct it was a schoolboy act. I think Priya has been more likeable all over than Mik. Mik really did things that got up your nose.
She spoke to the boys like she was their schoolteacher. What a load of CRAP came out of her mouth she need to develop some 'Australian Culture" and get over it. I was embarrassed for her. Now my least favourite

I didn't make that (high school teacher) connection between Mikkayla and Priya either but I can see how it gave them a good foundation for being the smart, strong women they are.

Wouldn't it be great if Mikkayla came in now, just for a day or so like Tim, took Priya to the comfort room (that sounds rude) and had a lengthy tete a tete with her, in mature woman fashion...

Wait did people on here like Mikkayla?
I didn't.
What I did notice about her and Priya is that they both continually let everyone know that they are teachers, as if that will automatically make them more intelligent in everyone's eyes and therefore, perhaps, more intimidating. Quite a few of the housemates have professional qualifications so they aren't dumb clucks, but in the house...leave your nouse at the door for some of them.

She spoke to the boys like she was their schoolteacher. What a load of CRAP came out of her mouth she need to develop some 'Australian Culture" and get over it. I was embarrassed for her. Now my least favourite

They behaved like 8 yrs old so they should be treated.

Don't be embarrass for her, she wasn't and none of the people who counts are.

There is daylight between Priya and Mikkayla tho. Mik was (is?) filled with self loathing and it showed. Priya knows she is made of awesome and comfortably owns it.

Im through and through Aussie but I don't believe belittling someone is a part of that.

Yes when everyone is doing it to each other. You have to admit it was a little high school. 4 boys chanting at one girl. She obviously looked upset at the time. She definitely went over board in the end but the boys were just being dicks. She irritates me but I probably would of felt the same as her but handled it better.

Mikkayla was an awful housemate. So whiny and annoying. She doesn't even make a convincing teacher. :confused:

She can't be compared to Priya.
Agreed. She was probably not a great teacher as she thought being bossy went with teaching. I think she hated it too and couldn't wait to get out and into radio/ entertainment.
I could she her control freak personality melting down when she had to deal with real students in school. I doubt she was a loved teacher.

yes she was one of this forum's faves
I only liked her because she caused trouble, and I was a huge Tahan fan all the way. Mikk would have been out earlier if she had to face the public vote week after week like the gorgeous Tahan.
But my favorite moment was when she lectured all of Australia with her stern face about saving Tahan at the same moment sentiment shifter against her. That still cracks me up.
Sad thing is I think she is very beautiful, but she doesn't see it. She was also pretty hard working with all the cooking and cleaning she did.
I always wondered if her sex confessions would have affected her career with being a teacher, but she obviously didn't want to go back.

Priya hasn't embarrassed herself as a teacher.

Jeez, if Mikkayla was my teacher and I saw her on Big Brother, I'd love to take the piss out of her and tell her that Tahan rules!

Umm.. The simple fact she "pegs" herself as a "cool teacher" (because the students say so) means she probably doesn't understand that means the students are taking the piss.

I have noticed that two significant housemates in both 2013 and 2014 have both been teachers. Priya and Mikkayla. Im not saying theyre the best but both Priya and Mikkayla are great in the sense you either love them or you hate them, they divide opinions both inside the house and outside. What do you guys think?

My husband is a teacher and I cannot seeing him being a good housemate IF his vocation was the reason he was selected and the focus of his entry being that as a selling/marketing point. If he was allowed to be WHO he is, he'd be awesome.

Don't be embarrass for her, she wasn't and none of the people who counts are.

Please tell me that comment was a joke.

I may have misread it (and I apologise if I have), but it sounds as if you are slagging off every non-Pristian on this forum.

Last edited:
Please tell me that comment was a joke.

I may have misread it (and I apologise if I have), but it sounds as if you are slagging off every non-Pristian on this forum.

No, it wasn't a joke. I am not sure of the word "slagging" but I am not being nasty to the people who don't like Priya.

I didn't appreciate the poster who said she "should be embarrass" because she didn't do anything to be embarrassed about, and people who like her are the people who counts. She wouldn't want to be friend with people who dislike her that way, so they don't count.

I accept criticisms that are warranted and will recognize them, even when they are about people I like or am close to.

Back