Skip to main content

Are teachers the best housemates?

She was pretty well-liked on here until she started to lose the plot a bit as the season went on. People were loving how she kept managing to be saved in Showdowns and it was firing up the other HMs. Oh and also the her vs Tahan thing. They saw her as the underdog against mean girl Tahan until the whole "fell in a hole" comment by Jade and then many seemed to ditch Mikk and Jade and turned to Tahan.

Fair enough. I thought it was hilarious that she kept getting saved too.

I have noticed that two significant housemates in both 2013 and 2014 have both been teachers. Priya and Mikkayla. Im not saying theyre the best but both Priya and Mikkayla are great in the sense you either love them or you hate them, they divide opinions both inside the house and outside. What do you guys think?

I didn't even notice the connection.

Just validates my exquisite taste :singing:

Clearly all you are doing is licking Priya's arse. Just saying you could have done that on the other thread.
Im not saying theyre the best but both Priya and Mikkayla are great in the sense you either love them or you hate them, they divide opinions both inside the house and outside. What do you guys think?

anigif_enhanced-16471-1409078923-1.gif

Lina has been in the house all of 10 seconds and Tim has taken 10 years to get a degree that requires a 75 ATAR (Not dissing I am just saying its not the hardest of courses). I dont think this is the reason.

Um... That is not necessary true. Just because the ATAR for a course is 75, doesn't mean it isn't one of the more difficult courses. I personally have friends how got ATARS of 98, who studied law at melbourne university...Then decided to change after two years into some engineering course that required an ATAR of 80 or so... They found the engineering course much more difficult. Usually the ATAR is measured by how popular a course is, such as medicine and law which have ridiculously high ATAR requirements. They are popular because they are high paying careers, therefore it will be harder to get in because of the competition.

They say the ATAR for Medicine is over 98 because the universities know that there is such an incredible amount of students aiming for that career. There are plenty of difficult engineering/science/finance/property development etc. courses and whatnot that require an ATAR between 70-85 (and difficult prerequisite subjects) which have a high probability of landing you a high paying career. The ATAR is low because sometimes they aren't as popular.

Like I said, ATAR for courses is generally based on how popular a course is, therefore making it hard to get in. Not because the course itself is the most difficult. Most degrees/apprenticeships are not a walk in the park aside from some exceptions. Take for instance Journalism, which has an ATAR of 95+, that course is difficult but it's not the most difficult course compared to others. It's just a bloody competition to get in the course.

Lina has been in the house all of 10 seconds and Tim has taken 10 years to get a degree that requires a 75 ATAR (Not dissing I am just saying its not the hardest of courses). I dont think this is the reason.

I don't think the time you take to complete a degree is ANY reflection of intelligence!! I'd love to knock all my studies over (undergrad psych & postgrad employment relations) but unfortunately studying full-time won't pay the mortgage!

I think teachers make extremely interesting housemates! I always saw my teachers as nice and intelligent (most of them) and never thought about what they were like outside the classroom. Every time I see Priya, I think about how my teachers would act if they were on Big Brother.

Back