Skip to main content

A question to David fans

I agree with you! STRONG WOMEN are accountable for their actions, rather than putting on the quiver lip and croc tears in an attempt to play the frail waif card. A STRONG WOMAN would not just meh mmeh meh bitch about bogus gender "roles ONLY to their "SISTAS".

I reckon the Suffragettes would ALL be turning in their graves at the pathetic crap that happened last night.

Yeah it just seems to be any time someone doesn't agree with how the girls on the show are acting clowns like Melrose and spygirl bring out the mysogonist and sexist cards. It gets old and it is quite embarrassing.

I like David, and I have to agree with the OP. He's more likely to engage in conflict with the women in the house, and try to fit in with the blokes. But strangely, I don't think it's because he dislikes women. I think it's because he is socially anxious. I don't believe for a second that he has the 'thick skin' that he claims. I see him as very thoughtful and vulnerable. But when he has an opportunity to try to fit in with a group of blokes, he does so in a really clumsy way by trying to rush the forming of the group by identifying women as 'the other' and so ends up talking about (and to) women in ways that are alienating. I dislike the way he taunted Priya in the pool - made infinitely worse by Tom's outrageous bloke-group-forming tactic, and I cheered for him when he gave Lisa a serve in the spa. But it has to be said, he seems desperate to fit in with a bloke group and will act in spectacularly clumsy and even mildly aggressive ways to achieve it. But I still like him because I think he's secretly a bit sad and alone. I feel like I want to give him a cuddle and tell him to calm down.

I like David, and I have to agree with the OP. He's more likely to engage in conflict with the women in the house, and try to fit in with the blokes. But strangely, I don't think it's because he dislikes women. I think it's because he is socially anxious. I don't believe for a second that he has the 'thick skin' that he claims. I see him as very thoughtful and vulnerable. But when he has an opportunity to try to fit in with a group of blokes, he does so in a really clumsy way by trying to rush the forming of the group by identifying women as 'the other' and so ends up talking about (and to) women in ways that are alienating. I dislike the way he taunted Priya in the pool - made infinitely worse by Tom's outrageous bloke-group-forming tactic, and I cheered for him when he gave Lisa a serve in the spa. But it has to be said, he seems desperate to fit in with a bloke group and will act in spectacularly clumsy and even mildly aggressive ways to achieve it. But I still like him because I think he's secretly a bit sad and alone. I feel like I want to give him a cuddle and tell him to calm down.

You are talking about a man who has an Irish mum and two, clearly strong minded sisters who call a spade a spade. Perhaps he just has an issue with insipid try-hard's pretending to be something, they are not and he sees through it and as such does not know how to handle fake arses.

Yeah it just seems to be any time someone doesn't agree with how the girls on the show are acting clowns like Melrose and spygirl bring out the mysogonist and sexist cards. It gets old and it is quite embarrassing.

One can not agree with 'how the girls on the show are acting' without calling them cunts.

It gets old and it is quite embarrassing.

growing up with no brothers I can see this and the need to be one of the boys in the house, Ryan's the same.

Back