Skip to main content

A CHALLENGE to Prisus Haters

Has anybody told you that you take this shit too seriously Ms B? :kiss:

That's what I recall off the top of my head but I'm definitely not gonna go over the footage to find out whether I'm wrong, I'm not that invested in it. lol :angelic:

This is after all just a bit of reality tv fluff that I get a laugh or 2 out of. :)
Of course I'm going to take it seriously in a thread that the initial post was clearly stated that serious discussion was requested. Just like I don't go bash HMs in their Appreciation threads out of respect for the HM's fans even though I'd love to at times, I try to stick with the theme of the thread whether light-hearted or more serious as best as I can. That's just me.

It's honestly frustrating for someone like me who had such a fricken issue last year with people reading wayyyyyy too much into my short replies that I resolved to think about each word I typed and over explain so there could be as little chance for things to be misconstrued as possible, to see responses like yours in a thread like this in particular. You're not going to bother go over the footage which is fine but there was also a post that spelled out word for word what was said by her and yet you still state things like fact. Which is your right to do so also but for someone like me who is not only taking the time to make sure I'm not leading anyone astray because of my bias either for or against Priya in your case, it's like it's pointless to continue. I realise after a year of getting to know your persona on here that's your M.O. and that's cool but I don't deal with blatant inaccuracies either on here nor in my real life especially when I've gone through the trouble of going back to rewatch something yet again to respond to @Kaz and others and yet you state something completely different. Which let's me know you not only haven't grasped and/or listened to what Priya said but aren't reading the posts in this thread nor taking it seriously. Also your prerogative but I then realise it's pointless for me to continue the discussion. Especially when I should be working. It has nothing to do with my liking Priya. It's like how can I have a discussion when people are responding with things that just didn't happen.

Regardless, it's all good. :)

@Mrs Butterface

If BB is happening next year, you have to tryout for it.

I would start voting.
haha you little shit... you know I'd never even audition!! For probably 1523432 reasons.

Funny though... Remember that thread before the season or maybe early on asking what you'd do if you went on BB? I replied something like I'd know if they picked me it'd solely be to stir shit up because my accent alone would ensure I'd never win so I'd try to cause as much as havoc as I could until I could booted out.

And then they bring Leo in whose accent people keep complaining about and yet mine is more wacked than his because of growing up half Canada/half US, then living in several European countries and learning the language and picking up accents and now being here for awhile. Seriously even the supremo stalkers like myself on here would be stuck for a week or so trying to sort out why I sounded like I did.

I would never, in a million years audition for BB, let alone go on should Alex find my StarNow profile (JOKING for those who don't know me well enough yet). Fucking BBB alone would uncover so many bones in my closet, especially from my uni days, that even New Idea would stop paying $ for the stories because it'd be like seriously, there's ANOTHER ex of hers?!

What I would love to have is a BBB version though. Just get us all in one place on say Phillip Island where the weather is guaranteed to be shit for a good chunk of time to force us inside the house and see what happens. Just a group of randoms, warts and all and see how they go. I bet you a good prize pool would be generated too because it'd be real people who know the game very well but how would they go actually playing it.

Damn I wish I owned even an indie station.

haha you little shit... you know I'd never even audition!! For probably 1523432 reasons.

Funny though... Remember that thread before the season or maybe early on asking what you'd do if you went on BB? I replied something like I'd know if they picked me it'd solely be to stir shit up because my accent alone would ensure I'd never win so I'd try to cause as much as havoc as I could until I could booted out.

And then they bring Leo in whose accent people keep complaining about and yet mine is more wacked than his because of growing up half Canada/half US, then living in several European countries and learning the language and picking up accents and now being here for awhile. Seriously even the supremo stalkers like myself on here would be stuck for a week or so trying to sort out why I sounded like I did.

I would never, in a million years audition for BB, let alone go on should Alex find my StarNow profile (JOKING for those who don't know me well enough yet). Fucking BBB alone would uncover so many bones in my closet, especially from my uni days, that even New Idea would stop paying $ for the stories because it'd be like seriously, there's ANOTHER ex of hers?!

What I would love to have is a BBB version though. Just get us all in one place on say Phillip Island where the weather is guaranteed to be shit for a good chunk of time to force us inside the house and see what happens. Just a group of randoms, warts and all and see how they go. I bet you a good prize pool would be generated too because it'd be real people who know the game very well but how would they go actually playing it.

Damn I wish I owned even an indie station.
@penelopepitstop has the island!

Geez, a bit of selective memory going on here. What she actually wanted to do once she saw herself at the top was "to distribute points so mine aren't as much as those I'm about to target." So people defending her by saying "anyone can see it was obvious she couldn't get 5 other people above her", are saying she couldn't see the obvious. All the other HMs had already nominated - that's 45 points. Simple maths/probability says that whoever's on top would have to have 9 points at the very least. It doesn't matter how you estimate the spread of points below her, the chance of getting 5 other HMs up to 10 points each is impossible without dumb luck.Yet it wasn't until she had just 6 points left that she realised it. When she saw that there were more than 5 in the red zone she saw the value of that but she didn't set out to do that initially. She herself said that she didn't play this as well as she thought she might. She might be a school teacher, she might be relatively intelligent, but too many people have blinkers on and think she's intelligent on every level. She clearly isn't. Also, one minute she said she thought Marina and Lawson were in the top 5, then she goes on to give both of them points. That's totally illogical. Then she said she knew Leo would be one of the top 5. No, Priya, you thought, but you didn't know. I think together with a lot of people on here, she also thinks she's smarter than she actually is. That's a big part of why I'm not enamoured with her like so many people on here seem to be.
Image3.jpg

I will give her one criticism though about this noms thing...

What I wished she had done was reveal herself and then slap the other 11 points on herself too. And then just say in that gorgeous voice "Big Brother, if they're so scared of me or hate me so much that some are still willing to do this when I'm HOH, then let them have their wish. They obviously feel that this is somehow proving their ballsiness so who am I to take it away. I won't mess with the ladder and we'll see if they get what they want. The public can decide."

Lawson, Cat and Skye who were HOH previously would know why she has so many points and they'd shit themselves. Same as Tim putting himself up last year. That's when things only improved for him with the public.
Would had been awesome if she had done that... Now, that's a smart move plus throws in the entertainment part that she so desperately lacks! That is all!

@Mrs Butterface

Use a fake name. haha

It's people like you, who are needed in BB. Not afraid to say what you are thinking.

You are direct but not a nasty piece of shit. You are willing to confront members.

That's what I hate about some BB HM's, most wont confront someone.

(Jason didn't have the balls to tell Lawson & Cat to their faces, he actually lied to them, but he had the 'courage' to rip into them, when he did his farewell message)

@Mrs Butterface

Use a fake name. haha

It's people like you, who are needed in BB. Not afraid to say what you are thinking.

You are direct but not a nasty piece of shit. You are willing to confront members.

That's what I hate about some BB HM's, most wont confront someone.

(Jason didn't have the balls to tell Lawson & Cat to their faces, he actually lied to them, but he had the 'courage' to rip into them, when he did his farewell message)
Not sure about "courage".

It's not like he ever presented himself as a confrontational or upfront bloke.

No one would want to be on the most points. Remember David's comment about being nommed for 18 for being a dick? It surely isn't a great feeling, especially when no one's saying shit to your face. At least Dave was scrapping with someone at the time.

But it wasn't her goal to try to save face by being the most nominated. She just wanted to save herself from the start by having lower points than the 5 others in the red zone as she stated. And when she realised she couldn't do it with moving people up she then got to work improving her chances as much as possible. The only way she could've possibly made it better for herself is if she gave Aisha that one last point instead of Lawson because then 8 out of the 10 HMs would've been up with only Ryan and Lawson being safe. Logical thinking would lead a person to conclude that if Travis has been up every single week other than the week he was fake evicted, then he'd be up again this week so that's why she checked for him and went from there.

Actually I just saw Con's response above and realised I'm in a troll thread where people aren't even bothering to read the replies nor remembering what they saw on tv or taking the time to go back and rewatch so they can at least get it straight. So I'm not going to waste my time anymore replying to notifications and trying to write thought out replies when I have work to do.

Yes Priya sucks. She should've not only been able to save herself but get all the other housemates up for eviction. If Leo had been on 10 points and she'd been on 9 she would've creamed her panties.

Priya did mention that she wanted to minimize the amount of points she had and when she said that it was obvious that the plan was to save face. How you did not hear her say that is beyond me as you watched it twice. She didn't say she wanted to save face in her own words but it was implied.

That was not her ultimate plan as she also stated she wanted to have as many people in the red as possible to maximize her chances.

You should go re watch it for a third time.

Challenge reply.

A few things I would like to point out first.

I do not hate Priya, I do not like Priya. I am indifferent about Priya. If anything,I find her quite vapid as given the hype around her character being touted: as one who'd "shake things up", who'd come in like a wrecking ball, who would be blunt to near a fault, be bossy and cocky and supposedly, is a self-professed narcissist. Well, I have not seen any of that. If anything, she's Egodystonic to even consider herself to be a Narcissist. IF she'd lived up to the hype, at least I may like her as in one sense, I would see her as woman of her word and therefore, probably like her.

As you stated, she is manipulative but so is every person in the house. True, so anyone using that as reason to dislike her I see as a hypocrite as their "favourite" is doing the same.

Two faced.. indeed she is and she's two-faced toward the only people who seem to be able to tolerate her. That's hardly a clever strategy. In fact, she doesn't even have the nous to befriend those of same or higher mental might to realise good strategy is to keep friends close and perceived enemies even closer. She's clearly intimidated by those not in her camp because she cannot manipulate them as she does Travis, (before his eviction - Jason) Aisha and Skye. It's not difficult to be the sharpest tool in your shed when the majority of those "onside" with you are Turtle Wax wash cloths. All she is doing is taking advantage of their naivety which IMO is a pretty low thing to do.

As to her intelligence... if we are talking book smarts, then she is not the most intelligent. That would be Cat, a runner up to Cat would be David and then if she's lucky, Priya. As to Street smarts.. nope as it's clear by her lack of thoughtful strategy as to WHO to befriend in the house, that's an epic fail too.

I don't see her either as a positive role model, given what she's shown of herself in the house. Happy to elaborate if you wish.

@Mercy :1. As you chose to use the work Intellectualism, I assume you are referring to Priya and her traits in a philosophical way? I could be wrong. As such, could you please elaborate as to intent rather than just popping the word up there to mean otherwise?

2. I doubt there are too many IF any Anglo-Saxon's giving their opinion on Priya BBAU14, whether it be in a love, hate or indifferent position. Of course, there is a chance that SOMEONE on this forum has traced their lineage back to the Germanic Norman Conquest in the 5th Century and even if they did, it would surely be tainted by now.

3. I cannot see a woman with power and ambition in Priya. Even relating only to BBAU14, the simple fact she in week 1 opted to take a paltry $10k, shows clearly she's a wuss.

Challenge reply.

A few things I would like to point out first.

I do not hate Priya, I do not like Priya. I am indifferent about Priya. If anything,I find her quite vapid as given the hype around her character being touted: as one who'd "shake things up", who'd come in like a wrecking ball, who would be blunt to near a fault, be bossy and cocky and supposedly, is a self-professed narcissist. Well, I have not seen any of that. If anything, she's Egodystonic to even consider herself to be a Narcissist. IF she'd lived up to the hype, at least I may like her as in one sense, I would see her as woman of her word and therefore, probably like her.

As you stated, she is manipulative but so is every person in the house. True, so anyone using that as reason to dislike her I see as a hypocrite as their "favourite" is doing the same.

Two faced.. indeed she is and she's two-faced toward the only people who seem to be able to tolerate her. That's hardly a clever strategy. In fact, she doesn't even have the nous to befriend those of same or higher mental might to realise good strategy is to keep friends close and perceived enemies even closer. She's clearly intimidated by those not in her camp because she cannot manipulate them as she does Travis, (before his eviction - Jason) Aisha and Skye. It's not difficult to be the sharpest tool in your shed when the majority of those "onside" with you are Turtle Wax wash cloths. All she is doing is taking advantage of their naivety which IMO is a pretty low thing to do.

As to her intelligence... if we are talking book smarts, then she is not the most intelligent. That would be Cat, a runner up to Cat would be David and then if she's lucky, Priya. As to Street smarts.. nope as it's clear by her lack of thoughtful strategy as to WHO to befriend in the house, that's an epic fail too.

I don't see her either as a positive role model, given what she's shown of herself in the house. Happy to elaborate if you wish.

@Mercy :1. As you chose to use the work Intellectualism, I assume you are referring to Priya and her traits in a philosophical way? I could be wrong. As such, could you please elaborate as to intent rather than just popping the word up there to mean otherwise?

2. I doubt there are too many IF any Anglo-Saxon's giving their opinion on Priya BBAU14, whether it be in a love, hate or indifferent position. Of course, there is a chance that SOMEONE on this forum has traced their lineage back to the Germanic Norman Conquest in the 5th Century and even if they did, it would surely be tainted by now.

3. I cannot see a woman with power and ambition in Priya. Even relating only to BBAU14, the simple fact she in week 1 opted to take a paltry $10k, shows clearly she's a wuss.

LMAO, I AM LAUGHING :D :D

There are so many types of intellect, that when someone says "so and so is intelligent", they don't even really know what they mean by it.

Didn't Cat have a law degree? Much more highly regarded than a teachers degree, which is what I assume Priya has (I don't know).

However, @Kismet, I'm not sure you can really say Priya is lacking in street smart because of who she chooses to befriend....

Befriending someone isn't as simple as choosing who joins your party in an RPG game. It is very much dependant on the natural chemistry between people. I'm sure you can fake a friendship, and get along..... to an extent. But who's to say that Priya isn't doing this just because she naturally gets along with Aisha, Skye and Travis, rather than David, Leo, Ryan and David?

There are so many types of intellect, that when someone says "so and so is intelligent", they don't even really know what they mean by it.

Didn't Cat have a law degree? Much more highly regarded than a teachers degree, which is what I assume Priya has (I don't know).

However, @Kismet, I'm not sure you can really say Priya is lacking in street smart because of who she chooses to befriend....

Befriending someone isn't as simple as choosing who joins your party in an RPG game. It is very much dependant on the natural chemistry between people. I'm sure you can fake a friendship, and get along..... to an extent. But who's to say that Priya isn't doing this just because she naturally gets along with Aisha, Skye and Travis, rather than David, Leo, Ryan and David?

First things first. Priya received "honours" in English in India in a place equivalent to a TAFE here in AU. A Community College to our friends in the Northern Hemisphere. She then went to Uni of SA with that "credit" to obtain her M.Edu. Both Cat and David have Degrees in different avenues of Medicine and/or Medical facilitation. I did not know of Cat's law degree but given her line of work, it may have been one sector of the units she had to complete. Wouldn't surprise me if she had credit in Psych. as well, considering she's a midwife. *shrug*

You also have a point with your reply as to who she befriended, but again, it goes against the HYPED MO (unapologetic Priya jargon) of who she would be in the house. Of course as a secondary school teacher she may feel "comfy" with the younger people,but that's what she's used to in her day to day where she's used to being in control of a classroom with those she considers lesser than she is.Her JOB is to direct those younger than she and I reckon anyway, that's why she's attached herself to them. I truly doubt though, there's any genuine friendship involved, she just knows that to some extent, she can manipulate them. ( Just my analytical read)

Challenge reply.

1. Intellectualism as in the exercise of the intellect. Lots of people will not like somebody simply for exhibiting their ability to think. I have seen many people labelling Priya as "nasty", "sneaky", "backstabbing bitch" and making rash judgements about her character simply for using her intellect to get herself further in the GAME of Big Brother. Just because she is playing the game, it doesn't mean that should be what defines her character. From what I've seen, she is a much more rounded and complex character than just some common pantomime villain.

2. I think it's pretty obvious that the term "Anglo-Saxon" is being used here as an umbrella term to refer to "white" people who originate from the British Isles - aka a good portion of the Australian population. I am referring to people who comment on the show outside this forum too. On Facebook, after she was saved, there were lots of comments expressing thinly veiled racist attitudes, e.g. people going on about Priya having an "entire call-centre in India voting for her." It's unnecessary. Why are people assuming that the only way somebody could like Priya is if they share her cultural background? There are lots of "anglo-saxon" people giving their opinion on Big Brother, and there are plenty of people willing to use her Indian heritage to dismiss her. You just have to look at the current situation with the boat people to see that many Australians will judge and distrust a person simply on the basis of where they come from, without taking the time to make those judgements based on the person's character.

3. I can. She wants to win. When asked about what it is she wants out of Big Brother, she is very frank in stating that she will take "whatever she can get". In her discussion with Skye, she expressed her AMBITION to make the final three. She and Skye discussed how it's been a long time since a woman won, and that it's about time one did. I'd love to know how this could possibly be perceived as "unambitious" behaviour. And what about taking freely offered money is "wussy"? NOT taking the money, (as Katie wanted to do) just to keep a bunch of people she had just met happy would have been the wussy option, After taking it, she still remained in the game to compete for the big prize. Would you have not done the same?

I noticed you highlighted the part re Cat and book smarts. Cat has 3 Uni degrees. Priya has one. For the record, David has 2.

Since when is the quantity of degrees held by a person proportional to their level of intelligence?

First things first. Priya received "honours" in English in India in a place equivalent to a TAFE here in AU. A Community College to our friends in the Northern Hemisphere. She then went to Uni of SA with that "credit" to obtain her M.Edu. Both Cat and David have Degrees in different avenues of Medicine and/or Medical facilitation. I did not know of Cat's law degree but given her line of work, it may have been one sector of the units she had to complete. Wouldn't surprise me if she had credit in Psych. as well, considering she's a midwife. *shrug*
If Priya's overseas honours degree was good enough to be recognized by the University of South Australia, and she then went on to obtain her masters at said institution, then it should be good enough for you. I don't see how any of this can be used to dismiss her intelligence or the quality of her education. She made use of the resources available to her at home and was obviously good enough to succeed here too.

You also have a point with your reply as to who she befriended, but again, it goes against the HYPED MO (unapologetic Priya jargon) of who she would be in the house. Of course as a secondary school teacher she may feel "comfy" with the younger people,but that's what she's used to in her day to day where she's used to being in control of a classroom with those she considers lesser than she is.Her JOB is to direct those younger than she and I reckon anyway, that's why she's attached herself to them. I truly doubt though, there's any genuine friendship involved, she just knows that to some extent, she can manipulate them. ( Just my analytical read)
I quite like you and I have since you joined so I hope you understand that I'm not saying this as a fan of Priya but I would say this if you had said it about Mikkayla or any other HM not born in Australia.

The way you denigrated the word honours with the quotation marks and the word credit...

I'll tell you something straight up and I'm willing to open myself up to any Aussie on here who is willing to take me on because if any Aussie on here knows anything about international education, I trust they won't.

Your education system is a joke. An absolute embarrassment. To the point that when I make random comments at 4am about waiting up for a work call from overseas, that's true but it's not BBB that's keeping me awake... it's the thought that next year my son is going to enter this schooling system that is universally mocked. It's an absolute travesty. I can pay $25k+ next year for my kid to enter prep and he'll be learning what kids elsewhere were taught in preschool. And it goes on and on and on.
There's a reason that Aussies are begging for reforms in the educational system in this country so to denigrate someone else's education when I'm willing to bet quite a bit of money you have no idea what their "honours" or their "credit" entails is baffling to me. Melbourne CBD doesn't have protests every 2nd week at Parliament House because y'all have got your shit sorted because if you actually compare results in Australia vs worldwide, it's shocking.

Don't fall into the trap.

Back