Skip to main content

A CHALLENGE to Prisus Haters

tl;dr

She's just not that interesting to watch. I'm not a hater, but see her as a pot plant.

She may have class, prignity and whatever else, but that doesn't make good viewing.
^ What he said multiplied a million times.

My point is that everything is subjective.

Claiming that people's "hatred" of Priya is currently seen as illogical, irrational, illegitimate is extremely condescending, arrogant and, dare I say, not all that surprising from those who worship with blind faith. (yeah I get that it's all a joke).

You claim that Priya being manipulative and Priya being two faced is seemingly okay because it is "objectively" true. Wellllllll... it's not really objective. YOU think that, which makes it subjective.

I have been able to make arguments on the other side of the coin, and unless mine is categorically false, then all it comes down to subjective opinion.

Your OP is no different to me saying something as subjective as Priya is boring.

Could not have put it better myself

BOOM PRIZUS BITCHES! :p

How did she mess up? She couldn't save herself no matter what she did so she increased the pool. Exactly what she wanted to do. If she paid a point to reveal the people below her in the red zone in the hopes of pushing them above her and saving herself, she'd see after she paid those 6 points she wouldn't have enough left to drop herself out of the top 5. Even if she hammered someone with 11 points after she used one on herself, she'd still be in the red.

When she walked in the red zone was

Priya 9
Leo 8
Travis 6
Cat 5
Marina 4
Skye 4

She was screwed even if she didn't have to pay a point to reveal anyone on the ladder because it would've taken 2 to Leo, 4 to Travis, 5 to Cat and 6 to either Marina or Skye to save herself. What are you thinking she was supposed to do? lol
How did she mess up? She couldn't save herself no matter what she did so she increased the pool. Exactly what she wanted to do. If she paid a point to reveal the people below her in the red zone in the hopes of pushing them above her and saving herself, she'd see after she paid those 6 points she wouldn't have enough left to drop herself out of the top 5. Even if she hammered someone with 11 points after she used one on herself, she'd still be in the red.

Priya 9
Leo 8
Travis 6
Cat 5
Marina 4
Skye 4

She was screwed even if she didn't have to pay a point to reveal anyone on the ladder because it would've taken 2 to Leo, 4 to Travis, 5 to Cat and 6 to either Marina or Skye to save herself. What are you thinking she was supposed to do? lol
How did she mess up? Great, thanks for asking.... Well, Priya actually admitted that she had messed up. Not in those words exactly but to the same effect. What she ended up doing at the end well it wouldn't take an Einstein to figure that out, although she still could had played it a tad better. That is all! :)

I thought her strategy was flawless tbh, she knew she couldn't save herself so she literally put everyone up bar 3 people to increase her chances of staying
Glad you thought her strategy was flawless... However, Priya certainly didn't. :-(

I thought her strategy was flawless tbh, she knew she couldn't save herself so she literally put everyone up bar 3 people to increase her chances of staying

Priya 9
Leo 8
Travis 6
Cat 5
Marina 4
Skye 4

It seemed ridiculous to spend one point at a time nominating, but it was actually brilliant. You can either spend a point to see where the person is, or spend a point to nominate someone, giving them a point, and watching the tally board, thus learning where they are anyway. She was obviously able to keep a mental picture of the board as she went, so she did a fantastic job - especially since she did what she wanted, which was to put as many people up as she could...

Exactly! It's about surviving, by any means possible, so increase your chances by throwing more hms in the mix. So far the only hm to do so I believe. Oh actually, didn't Sam do something similar? I can't remember now

Geez, a bit of selective memory going on here. What she actually wanted to do once she saw herself at the top was "to distribute points so mine aren't as much as those I'm about to target." So people defending her by saying "anyone can see it was obvious she couldn't get 5 other people above her", are saying she couldn't see the obvious. All the other HMs had already nominated - that's 45 points. Simple maths/probability says that whoever's on top would have to have 9 points at the very least. It doesn't matter how you estimate the spread of points below her, the chance of getting 5 other HMs up to 10 points each is impossible without dumb luck.Yet it wasn't until she had just 6 points left that she realised it. When she saw that there were more than 5 in the red zone she saw the value of that but she didn't set out to do that initially. She herself said that she didn't play this as well as she thought she might. She might be a school teacher, she might be relatively intelligent, but too many people have blinkers on and think she's intelligent on every level. She clearly isn't. Also, one minute she said she thought Marina and Lawson were in the top 5, then she goes on to give both of them points. That's totally illogical. Then she said she knew Leo would be one of the top 5. No, Priya, you thought, but you didn't know. I think together with a lot of people on here, she also thinks she's smarter than she actually is. That's a big part of why I'm not enamoured with her like so many people on here seem to be.

Geez, a bit of selective memory going on here. What she actually wanted to do once she saw herself at the top was "to distribute points so mine aren't as much as those I'm about to target." So people defending her by saying "anyone can see it was obvious she couldn't get 5 other people above her", are saying she couldn't see the obvious. All the other HMs had already nominated - that's 45 points. Simple maths/probability says that whoever's on top would have to have 9 points at the very least. It doesn't matter how you estimate the spread of points below her, the chance of getting 5 other HMs up to 10 points each is impossible.Yet it wasn't until she had just 6 points left that she realised it. When she saw that there were more than 5 in the red zone she saw the value of that but she didn't set out to do that initially. She herself said that she didn't play this as well as she thought she might. She might be a school teacher, she might be relatively intelligent, but too many people have blinkers on and think she's intelligent on every level. She clearly isn't. Also, one minute she said she thought Marina and Lawson were in the top 5, then she goes on to give both of them points. That's totally illogical. Then she said she knew Leo would be one of the top 5. No, Priya, you thought, but you didn't know. I think together with a lot of people on here, she also thinks she's smarter than she actually is. That's a big part of why I'm not enamoured with her like so many people on here seem to be.

Are you kidding about the 45 point thing and how "simple maths/probability says that whomever's on top would have to have 9 points at the very least?" And in a situation where ties still get you into the red?!

Here's one of MANY examples where 45 points could put you at the top without 9 points. I can also do it for 6 points if you wish. I can even do it for 5. Seriously now. Come on.

Priya 7
David 7
Lawson 6
Ryan 6
Marina 5
Aisha 5

Skye 4
Leo 3
Ryan 2
Cat 0

I'm sure when BB read out the totals and she could work out what each HM had before she gave them points she would take back the "I messed up" comment. She didn't realise she was on so many points and impossible to be saved and it's understandable why. No other HOH had been up for eviction let alone top of the ladder.

Are you kidding about the 45 point thing and how "simple maths/probability says that whomever's on top would have to have 9 points at the very least?" And in a situation where ties still get you into the red?!

Here's one of MANY examples where 45 points could put you at the top without 9 points. I can also do it for 6 points if you wish. I can even do it for 5. Seriously now. Come on.

Priya 7
David 7
Lawson 6
Ryan 6
Marina 5
Aisha 5

Skye 4
Leo 3
Ryan 2
Cat 0

I'm sure when BB read out the totals and she could work out what each HM had before she gave them points she would take back the "I messed up" comment. She didn't realise she was on so many points and impossible to be saved and it's understandable why. No other HOH had been up for eviction let alone top of the ladder.
I did say probability, not possibility. I mean it's possible to have a distribution of 5,5,5,5,5,4,4,4,4,4 but completely improbable and even then the odds of managing to distribute 11 points to the right people in order that 5 points isn't in the top 5 is astronomical.

I will give her one criticism though about this noms thing...

What I wished she had done was reveal herself and then slap the other 11 points on herself too. And then just say in that gorgeous voice "Big Brother, if they're so scared of me or hate me so much that some are still willing to do this when I'm HOH, then let them have their wish. They obviously feel that this is somehow proving their ballsiness so who am I to take it away. I won't mess with the ladder and we'll see if they get what they want. The public can decide."

Lawson, Cat and Skye who were HOH previously would know why she has so many points and they'd shit themselves. Same as Tim putting himself up last year. That's when things only improved for him with the public.

Priya didn't want to have the most points, she said that.

She is equal top points with Leo.

Priyas fake.

The only reason Priya is constantly being a shoulder to cry on is to get herself further in the game, she knows exactly how to adapt to ever situation to make herself look like a loving considerate person. But it's not genuine.

The reason she took Sandra into the sanctuary is because she knew that Sandra was tired and upset in bed, Priya had also been pushing her clique to divide from Sandras group yet she chose to take Sandra at that vulnerable time in hopes that it may keep herself in the game longer. It was not a genuine kind gesture.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

PS: I think shes doing a good job at playing the game.

Priya didn't want to have the most points, she said that.

She is equal top points with Leo.
I just went and rewatched it because y'all are making me think I'm losing my mind.

After she revealed herself and then revealed Travis she actually said "My goal is right now to try to distribute the points in such a way that my points are not as much as the five" aka those in the red zone below her. Nothing to do with having the most points.

She wanted out of the red zone and when she realised it wasn't going to happen, she went to work getting more people in it.

She walked in and there were 6 people in the table. She revealed herself at a cost of 1 and saw she was on top. She then revealed Travis at a cost of one point, saw he was third on the ladder and then made the comment above. She gave him a point but he didn't move. She's now down to 9. One to David, he's now in the red and there are now 7 people up. One to Skye and she pops up but now there are only 5 nominated because two have dropped out. 7 points left. Another point to Skye, Skye moves from 5th to 4th spot and she says "it hasn't changed a thing". At that point she says she hasn't played it as well as she could've but she doesn't realise how many points she's on. And again, why would she expect to be on 9 when she's HOH? She says "in saying that, I'd rather have a chance of being nominated with 7 people rather than 5 because I don't think there's a way for me to get out of it". And there wasn't so she gets it back up to 7. How in the hell she even managed to do that is beyond me.

I'd like to really know - and this is from a math nerd standpoint, not as a Priya fan - for those who are criticising her, how she could have played that better? And keeping that in mind, you need to ignore whatever we've seen of the ladder because she's not privy to that. When she walked in there and saw 6 in the red she wouldn't have expected herself to be in the red let alone unsaveable as every other week the HOH hasn't been up. So how should she have played that blindly? She wasn't targeting anyone in particular so fans of other HMs can shove it (even me as a David fan)... as she said she wanted to target those who would jump above her on the ladder so she picked those who she figured were on high points and added more to them.

She didn't give a rat's WHO was above her, just that she was out and when she realised that she couldn't save herself she went to work to increase the # of people she was up against because it was now down to 5 in the red zone. Again... if someone has a better idea without knowledge of the ladder, I'd love to hear it. Y'all are acting like she had x-ray vision to see through the graphics and see not only ladder position but points totals. Even if she had she'd still be in the red and her goal had been to get out of it.

Why is everyone so caught up on Priyas strategy? She was at the top, there was no way she could save herself so the only logical thing to do is put up more people for nomination. Super power was pretty useless when you're up top, nothing could really be done. Any ideas? I would've done exactly the same she did if I were in her shoes on the score board.

Challenging Prisus haters though...hmmm... sounds like someone's looking for trouble. Nobody's perfect... challenges can be easily validated.

Why is everyone so caught up on Priyas strategy? She was at the top, there was no way she could save herself so the only logical thing to do is put up more people for nomination. Super power was pretty useless when you're up top, nothing could really be done. Any ideas? I would've done exactly the same she did if I were in her shoes on the score board.

Challenging Prisus haters though...hmmm... sounds like someone's looking for trouble. Nobody's perfect... challenges can be easily validated.

She actually managed to pull that back from certain disaster, the only thing better would have been to throw Lawsons stankin ass under the bus instead of someone else.

After she revealed herself and then revealed Travis she actually said "My goal is right now to try to distribute the points in such a way that my points are not as much as the five" aka those in the red zone below her. Nothing to do with having the most points.

I still think she didn't want to be on the most points.

I so want Skye kicked out next week or Travis. (Just to see their shocked faces)

I so want Skye kicked out next week or Travis. (Just to see their shocked faces)
You are right, she didn't want to have the most points she stated that very early in the process.

But after her clumsy attempts at finding someone to overtake her on points failed, she panicked and decided to change tactics midway and focus instead on getting as many hms as possible up for eviction.

No one would want to be on the most points. Remember David's comment about being nommed for 18 for being a dick? It surely isn't a great feeling, especially when no one's saying shit to your face. At least Dave was scrapping with someone at the time.

But it wasn't her goal to try to save face by being the most nominated. She just wanted to save herself from the start by having lower points than the 5 others in the red zone as she stated. And when she realised she couldn't do it with moving people up she then got to work improving her chances as much as possible. The only way she could've possibly made it better for herself is if she gave Aisha that one last point instead of Lawson because then 8 out of the 10 HMs would've been up with only Ryan and Lawson being safe. Logical thinking would lead a person to conclude that if Travis has been up every single week other than the week he was fake evicted, then he'd be up again this week so that's why she checked for him and went from there.

Actually I just saw Con's response above and realised I'm in a troll thread where people aren't even bothering to read the replies nor remembering what they saw on tv or taking the time to go back and rewatch so they can at least get it straight. So I'm not going to waste my time anymore replying to notifications and trying to write thought out replies when I have work to do.

Yes Priya sucks. She should've not only been able to save herself but get all the other housemates up for eviction. If Leo had been on 10 points and she'd been on 9 she would've creamed her panties.

The light will shine in on the Prisus haters soon enough, for now, we just worship.

giphy.gif

No one would want to be on the most points. Remember David's comment about being nommed for 18 for being a dick? It surely isn't a great feeling, especially when no one's saying shit to your face. At least Dave was scrapping with someone at the time.

But it wasn't her goal to try to save face by being the most nominated. She just wanted to save herself from the start by having lower points than the 5 others in the red zone as she stated. And when she realised she couldn't do it with moving people up she then got to work improving her chances as much as possible. The only way she could've possibly made it better for herself is if she gave Aisha that one last point instead of Lawson because then 8 out of the 10 HMs would've been up with only Ryan and Lawson being safe. Logical thinking would lead a person to conclude that if Travis has been up every single week other than the week he was fake evicted, then he'd be up again this week so that's why she checked for him and went from there.

Actually I just saw Con's response above and realised I'm in a troll thread where people aren't even bothering to read the replies nor remembering what they saw on tv or taking the time to go back and rewatch so they can at least get it straight. So I'm not going to waste my time anymore replying to notifications and trying to write thought out replies when I have work to do.

Yes Priya sucks. She should've not only been able to save herself but get all the other housemates up for eviction. If Leo had been on 10 points and she'd been on 9 she would've creamed her panties.

Actually I just saw Con's response above and realised I'm in a troll thread where people aren't even bothering to read the replies nor remembering what they saw on tv or taking the time to go back and rewatch so they can at least get it straight.

Has anybody told you that you take this shit too seriously Ms B? :kiss:

That's what I recall off the top of my head but I'm definitely not gonna go over the footage to find out whether I'm wrong, I'm not that invested in it. lol :angelic:

This is after all just a bit of reality tv fluff that I get a laugh or 2 out of. :)

Back