Skip to main content

A CHALLENGE to Prisus Haters

(unless you find running commentary entertaining - I thought that was BBs job).

It used to be, but now they just get someone else to do it because it's too hard for them to do so much, what with all the storylines and whatnot.

Seriously though, commentary (or, "insights" I should say) from people within the house is a very important part of Big Brother. That's why the interview housemates after they leave.

I believe your point was just illustrated beautifully.
ncjzgn.gif

It really was wow

What's the point of asking for a "legitimate reason" when the only person who justifies what is legitimate or not, is yourself?

Not liking Priya because of all the over the top, repetitive, constant threads (ala this thread) made about Priya is a perfectly legitimate one.

When Priya is evicted, the threads will be stopped.

Also, for the first reason you've countered, is merely a dismissal. Your basic argument is that "it's normal to be manipulative". For example, you've used Skye and David as two other housemates who are "playing the game", and stating that it is not valid to dislike Priya because she is manipulative as well.

But what about the other 7 housemates? Are they abnormal for not playing the game? Is it valid to not like them because they're not playing the game? Once again, it's perfectly valid to dislike Priya for being manipulative, because as you have not proven, it is not a normal to be manipulative in the BB house since you've only listed 3 housemates.

Onto the second argument, another subjective admission. You've specifically chosen to say that Priya "planted a seed of distrust" and then state that no one should care about it. No one should care about that? You've gone on later to say "Housemates often flat out lie/say white-laws to not hurt each other when a person is seeking validation." but this isn't one and the same.

A white lie is done with the motivation to not hurt the other. To lie in order to help the other person. Planting a seed of distrust is not the same motivation as a white lie.

One is done with good intentions, the other with bad intentions.

Didn't read the 3rd one because, yeah, I'd be astounded if someone said Priya is not intelligent.

Oh, and you've also missed the biggest reason why people don't like her.

She's boring as fuck.

I don't dislike Priya, but she isn't my favorite either.

That being said, any time any type of religion is rammed mercilessly down your throat, people usually tend to back off. This is my exact feeling about Pristianity, the more it's forced on me, the more resistant I become.

Some of you people are serious Priya fundamentalists and can't seem to understand why everyone doesn't wanna sit down to her last supper. It simply comes down to a matter of personal preference.

Live and let live!

Peace!

What's the point of asking for a "legitimate reason" when the only person who justifies what is legitimate or not, is yourself?

It would be the readers of the thread who judge the legitimacy of an argument.

Not liking Priya because of all the over the top, repetitive, constant threads (ala this thread) made about Priya is a perfectly legitimate one.[/quote]

Actually, that would be a reason to not like the people making the threads. Prisus has no control over it, aside from her power over everything that comes with being the Lord...

Only Prisus knows what is to come...

Also, for the first reason you've countered, is merely a dismissal. Your basic argument is that "it's normal to be manipulative". For example, you've used Skye and David as two other housemates who are "playing the game", and stating that it is not valid to dislike Priya because she is manipulative as well.

But what about the other 7 housemates? Are they abnormal for not playing the game? Is it valid to not like them because they're not playing the game? Once again, it's perfectly valid to dislike Priya for being manipulative, because as you have not proven, it is not a normal to be manipulative in the BB house since you've only listed 3 housemates.

To state that there is a norm is offensive. There is no such thing as "normal". What you are saying is that what the majority do should be considered what is right. There was a time when the majority of people believed that the Earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it...

Onto the second argument, another subjective admission. You've specifically chosen to say that Priya "planted a seed of distrust" and then state that no one should care about it. No one should care about that? You've gone on later to say "Housemates often flat out lie/say white-laws to not hurt each other when a person is seeking validation." but this isn't one and the same.

A white lie is done with the motivation to not hurt the other. To lie in order to help the other person. Planting a seed of distrust is not the same motivation as a white lie.

Prisus planting the seed wasn't a lie, it was a statement of her opinion. I can't think of a time that any of her lies were given with a bad intention. As for the Aisha $20 000 carrot lie, Big Brother probably told her to make something up, seeing as he did not correct her.

Didn't read the 3rd one because, yeah, I'd be astounded if someone said Priya is not intelligent.

She's boring as fuck.

That is a matter of personal preference as well.

Not liking Priya because of all the over the top, repetitive, constant threads (ala this thread) made about Priya is a perfectly legitimate one.

Actually, that would be a reason to not like the people making the threads. Prisus has no control over it, aside from her power over everything that comes with being the Lord...Only Prisus knows what is to come...To state that there is a norm is offensive. There is no such thing as "normal". What you are saying is that what the majority do should be considered what is right. There was a time when the majority of people believed that the Earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it...Prisus planting the seed wasn't a lie, it was a statement of her opinion. I can't think of a time that any of her lies were given with a bad intention. As for the Aisha $20 000 carrot lie, Big Brother probably told her to make something up, seeing as he did not correct her.That is a matter of personal preference as well.
[Image has been removed]

Sounds pretty IRRATIONAL, STUPID and PETTY considering you never have to enter the "over the top, repetitive, constant threads" (of which I think there are about six).

How about exercising some self control if going into threads about Priyanka is BOTHERING you so much.

The point IS that they're all playing the game and singling out Priyanka for doing so doesn't make sense.

EVERYBODY in there has an angle. At no point in time is anybody in there NOT playing. Just by being PRESENT they're playing.

Let's not write the narrative for her, shall we? By all means she was looking out for a friend. Everybody with a SEMBLANCE of AWARENESS knows that Leo has latched onto Skye for reasons not wholly pertaining to her companionship.

I would say that this is a good intention, no? Even if it wasn't, good for HER for gaming the people around her, I seem to recall Tim doing much of the same last year and getting ACCOLADES for it.

She's boring as fuck.

Cute but doesn't that fall under your "another subjective admission" parroting?

That's my point.

What's the point of making a thread, asking for "rational blah blah blah" opinions, when your first argument is to go "nah that reason ain't legitimate".

LOL

To state that there is a norm is offensive. There is no such thing as "normal". What you are saying is that what the majority do should be considered what is right. There was a time when the majority of people believed that the Earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it...
Are you supposed to be addressing a point here?

If you want me to replace the word 'normal' with 'common' I can do that easily. Or will that somehow arbitrarily offend too...?

Prisus planting the seed wasn't a lie, it was a statement of her opinion. I can't think of a time that any of her lies were given with a bad intention. As for the Aisha $20 000 carrot lie, Big Brother probably told her to make something up, seeing as he did not correct her.
I never said it was a lie, but the person who wrote the OP has likened it to giving a white lie where, and I quote, "to not hurt each other when a person is seeking validation."

If someone plants a seed of distrust, can you honestly say they are doing it to not hurt the other person? It essentially contradicts each other.

That is a matter of personal preference as well.
Ding ding ding.

You win.

Because ultimately, this is my point. It all comes down to personal preference.

Sounds pretty IRRATIONAL, STUPID and PETTY considering you never have to enter the "over the top, repetitive, constant threads" (of which I think there are about six).

How about exercising some self control if going into threads about Priyanka is BOTHERING you so much.
.... And I don't.

I stay away from them, apart from this one where I've been challenged.

But can you honestly say, that the Priya obsession doesn't creep into other non-Priya threads? It may be irrational, stupid or petty, but this whole Priyanka, Pristianity etc. sounds exactly that as well.

The point IS that they're all playing the game and singling out Priyanka for doing so doesn't make sense.
I didn't know Skye, Priya and David represented all the housemates. And there are certainly different ways to play the game. Or are you saying the only way to play the game is through "manipulation"?

And even in manipulation, there are varying levels of it, do you not agree? Much like, using the OP's example, a lie can have many facets, where it can be considered good, and it can be considered bad.

EVERYBODY in there has an angle. At no point in time is anybody in there NOT playing. Just by being PRESENT they're playing.
Okay, if you want to go along the cliche line of "they're in the house so they're playing".

Buuuuuutttt, the housemates don't agree with you. I mean, they've even nominated someone for being "strategic". The ones, who are literally playing the game, even disagree with you.

Let's not write the narrative for her, shall we? By all means she was looking out for a friend. Everybody with a SEMBLANCE of AWARENESS knows that Leo has latched onto Skye for reasons not wholly pertaining to her companionship.

I would say that this is a good intention, no? Even if it wasn't, good for HER for gaming the people around her, I seem to recall Tim doing much of the same last year and getting ACCOLADES for it.
I take back that argument of mine. I (think) I've misconstrued what the OP meant by "plant the seeds of distrust". However....

Sure, it can be a good intention. I'm a bit up in the air whether Priya actually believed what she said to Skye, or if she was doing it to manipulate, although my instincts were telling me she was doing it to manipulate.

But ultimately, it comes down to personal opinion. I think for a thread that begs for "rational etc" opinions (oh and even more ironic, a post that criticises someone for writing the narrative), that it's laughable to state that what Priya did was for the good of Skye.... when the situation is completely ambiguous at the moment.

Cute but doesn't that fall under your "another subjective admission" parroting?
Yeah, it does, but then again I'm not the one asking for legitimate reasons and to post only if you have a "substantial, rationalised, critically evaluated opinion".

Also, I, Tahan (but notreallytahan), can confirm that this is all just my opinion and you can all think or feel whatever the fuck you want.

I don't dislike Priya, but she isn't my favorite either.

That being said, any time any type of religion is rammed mercilessly down your throat, people usually tend to back off. This is my exact feeling about Pristianity, the more it's forced on me, the more resistant I become.

Some of you people are serious Priya fundamentalists and can't seem to understand why everyone doesn't wanna sit down to her last supper. It simply comes down to a matter of personal preference.

Live and let live!

Peace!
That's a bit dramatic, it's all in good fun :)

I actually don't mind her to be honest.

Just in the middle with her.
  • All the idiots that praise her like a goddess or force really turn me off her. Otherwise, I wouldn't have any problem with her
  • All the idiots who bash her for no reason make me like her in a way too. I don't know. Probably my 4th favourite in there :)

Considering how smart and intellectual Priya's portrait to be I was a lil shocked on the carefully thought out strategy she used with her points to nominate... But man, Ms Einstein messed up big time with her super power points last night. Maybe mathematics is not her strong point. On the other end of the spectrum, Skye for being well Skyeee did pretty good with her super power points considering maths is absolutely not her strong point which was evident after watching the shopping task as HOH she undertook. Perhaps that was Skye's strategy? LOL

She has a painfully large ego and considers herself much much more intelligent than she actually is. All she does is hide behind a well maintained vocabulary. But that's not my biggest issue with her - I find her really really boring. Painfully boring.

I haven't found anything she has ever said to be interesting and she has a sense of humour like a bowl lumpy porridge.
I think I'm in love with you.

Sheep has said everything that needed to be said in a very succinct post.

end thread/ :pompus:

Considering how smart and intellectual Priya's portrait to be I was a lil shocked on the carefully thought out strategy she used with her points to nominate... But man, Ms Einstein messed up big time with her super power points last night. Maybe mathematics is not her strong point. On the other end of the spectrum, Skye for being well Skyeee did pretty good with her super power points considering maths is absolutely not her strong point which was evident after watching the shopping task as HOH she undertook. Perhaps that was Skye's strategy? LOL

THIS! ALL OF THIS!

I said the exact same thing after her nominations. It was a complete cock-up. For such a strategy Susan, she really put her foot in it. I thought the strength of her strategy would really shine in this moment, as did BB ("you're going to love it"), but this just further goes to show that she talks a big talk, but does not walk it. And Skye, of all people to be stereotyped, used the dirty dozen in the best possible way out of all HoH so far.

Thanks to everyone for posting, good to see some more in depth reasons coming through.

She's boring as fuck.

Tahan, you have clearly made an articulate, and thought-out post. I do not wish to argue any of your points, however I think you have misunderstood the point of this thread. So I will try and make that clearer, sorry for the lack thereof.

I am quite insulted of your claim that any opinion that is not my own will be shut down. This is not a thread for me to attack people's opinions. Anything that can be substantiated with evidence (yes, I know we get shown little of what really happens in that house), contrasts with other housemates, and follows a logical path of analysis WILL be highly respected and considered legitimate. I have openly embraced such anti-Priya posts in my OP. I really am interested to see who can adequately argue Priya is a bad housemate, and I'm sure people can.

Again, I asked for people to give reasoned, critically evaluated reasons for not liking Priya. I did not ask people to justify their dislike because of other's people adoration. This is not a thread where anyone can air their dirty laundry. I refer you to the title of this thread. "A challenge to all Prisus HATERS". This is not a thread for people ambivalent towards her, nor people who merely do not like her, this is a thread for people who SINGLE her OUT for their dislike (perhaps with one or two other housemates). I am sorry that I did not give an example of every housemate, but that was not my aim. I was only rebutting those who have SINGLED OUT Priya. I support her actions from a value-based judgement, other's don't have to, but my point was for people to recognise it in itself is not a reason to SINGLE OUT one housemate for dislike.

I am also sorry that I did not weigh up the implications of every choice of word I made. Thank you for bringing this to light. When saying "flat out lie/white-lie" I was NOT using these to say they were the same, NOR were they both applying to the one scenario. People in that house lie in some circumstances for the aforementioned reason, and others tell white-lies for the same circumstance. In different circumstances, different judgements are to be made in each individual circumstance. This, again, is to stop those SINGLING OUT Priya.

And the reason that I did not include claims that Priya is boring, because unlike the other three which can be relatively supported and/or rebutted through evidence, reason and critical analysis, that is 100% SUBJECTIVE. Congratulations, you find her boring. I happen to find her snippets in the diary room insightful and amusing, her strategy (whilst able at times to make be frown) impresses and entertains me. Of course, amongst other things. You obviously do not feel the same way. I cannot justify that you should be entertained, so I won't. Not finding someone entertaining is not a reason to SINGLE OUT Priya for hate. THAT is the contention of this thread.

Oh and perhaps instead of rebutting the words I used, and rebutting ideas because I did not include every eventuality the human mind can consider (sorry a few hundred words already seemed ridiculous), you could propose something of your own to refute the essence and contention of each idea. Nowhere did I ask for people to try ripping apart my post, I've encouraged people to post their own reasons to have a strong dislike for Priya, which can be backed up more objectively.

Last edited:
Prisus represents an amalgamation of many of the things that strike fear (and by extension, hatred) into the heart of your average, stereotypical Australian.

Intellectualism? CHECK.
Non anglo-saxon background? CHECK.
A woman with power and ambition? CHECK.

With this in mind, it's obvious she will never be universally loved. We predicted this from the moment we first met her.

Otherwise, the Prisus hate comes from people forcing themselves to hate her simply out of spite for "Pristianity". The Apriyists grow more vocal and agitated as the love for Prisus intensifies. If people really found her boring, they would be serving her indifference, not hatred. If she's so boring, then why is she always on everybody's lips?

It should be obvious that the exaggerated love for Priya is completely tongue-in-cheek. I genuinely do LOVE Priya as a housemate, and hamming up that love is something that I do because I find it amusing. I don't know about everyone else, but rallying around Priya in this way is something fun for me to do to keep myself engaged with what has been an incredibly sub-par series of Big Brother (and it's not actually the fault of any of the housemates). If people don't understand that, and take issue with people having fun, then that's their own problem. Nobody is forcing them to participate or engage with it.

Wow, Mercy I read your post just before going to bed. That intellect, prose and critical evaluation had me begging for (intellectual) ejaculation. Four words in at "amalgamation" you got me ROCK HARD. As I continued reading I could not help but get HARDER AND HARDER. By the end I was spent and limp, I could sleep knowing that my appetite for reason had been fulfilled. Thank you.

How did she mess up? She couldn't save herself no matter what she did so she increased the pool. Exactly what she wanted to do. If she paid a point to reveal the people below her in the red zone in the hopes of pushing them above her and saving herself, she'd see after she paid those 6 points she wouldn't have enough left to drop herself out of the top 5. Even if she hammered someone with 11 points after she used one on herself, she'd still be in the red.

When she walked in the red zone was

Priya 9
Leo 8
Travis 6
Cat 5
Marina 4
Skye 4

She was screwed even if she didn't have to pay a point to reveal anyone on the ladder because it would've taken 2 to Leo, 4 to Travis, 5 to Cat and 6 to either Marina or Skye to save herself. What are you thinking she was supposed to do? lol

Last edited:
Back