Skip to main content

A CHALLENGE to Prisus Haters

To those who who hate Priya just because of the worship style posts need to lighten up. This series has been lousy so we need to create a bit of fun in the forums. It's quite clever what some Pristians come up with. Very witty and not really something to get in a huff about.

Re boring - seriously? How is Priya boring? She may not be creating drama or in a showmance but she certainly creates interest with her insight.

How did she mess up? She couldn't save herself no matter what she did so she increased the pool. Exactly what she wanted to do. If she paid a point to reveal the people below her in the red zone in the hopes of pushing them above her and saving herself, she'd see after she paid those 6 points she wouldn't have enough left to drop herself out of the top 5. Even if she hammered someone with 11 points after she used one on herself, she'd still be in the red.

When she walked in the red zone was

Priya 9
Leo 8
Travis 6
Cat 5
Marina 4
Skye 4

She was screwed even if she didn't have to pay a point to reveal anyone on the ladder because it would've taken 2 to Leo, 4 to Travis, 5 to Cat and 6 to either Marina or Skye to save herself. What are you thinking she was supposed to do? lol

Thank you @Mrs Butterface, I have been searching for these numbers for a while. For all those people who try to claim that Priya used the power dumbly since she was still up for an eviction, USE YOUR BRAINS.

Like Mrs Butterfat said, Priya would only have 11 points after seeing where she was on the board. IF there were only to be THREE Nominees this week, she would have to give 2 points to Leo, 4 points to travis and 5 points to Cat. 2+4+5 = 11. Oh wait that's all her points gone... SO how would she have known who to give points to? She didn't see the people's names with how many points. So, her chance would be 1/9 of the other housemates times 1/8 times 1/7. THAT IS 1/504 CHANCE. But then that CHANCE would be even further reduced because she would not know how many points to give to EACH housemate, and could give one too many to the wrong one of the three. However, probability would be higher that housemates often nominated an intruder, Travis and Cat who are common nominees. So I'll let those two chances cancel each other out.

Therefore, the chance of her making the right choice is 1/504. I'd like to see someone here be that 1/504. And just because there is more than 504 people on this forum, probability does not mean 1 person would be guaranteed to succeed.

Anyway, this is assuming there were THREE nominees. It would be 100% impossible for her to get out of nominations if there were FOUR nominees, unless of course Big Brother through in a curve ball - which didn't happen. Please evaluate your comments people!

Thank you @Mrs Butterface, I have been searching for these numbers for a while. For all those people who try to claim that Priya used the power dumbly since she was still up for an eviction, USE YOUR BRAINS.

Like Mrs Butterfat said, Priya would only have 11 points after seeing where she was on the board. IF there were only to be THREE Nominees this week, she would have to give 2 points to Leo, 4 points to travis and 5 points to Cat. 2+4+5 = 11. Oh wait that's all her points gone... SO how would she have known who to give points to? She didn't see the people's names with how many points. So, her chance would be 1/9 of the other housemates times 1/8 times 1/7. THAT IS 1/504 CHANCE. But then that CHANCE would be even further reduced because she would not know how many points to give to EACH housemate, and could give one too many to the wrong one of the three. However, probability would be higher that housemates often nominated an intruder, Travis and Cat who are common nominees. So I'll let those two chances cancel each other out.

Therefore, the chance of her making the right choice is 1/504. I'd like to see someone here be that 1/504. And just because there is more than 504 people on this forum, probability does not mean 1 person would be guaranteed to succeed.

Anyway, this is assuming there were THREE nominees. It would be 100% impossible for her to get out of nominations if there were FOUR nominees, unless of course Big Brother through in a curve ball - which didn't happen. Please evaluate your comments people!
Not only that, when Skye walked in and before she made her first nomination, BB showed that a minimum of 5 people would be up for eviction. So even if she somehow knew Leo, Travis and Cat were below here and on what points lol, she still couldn't have saved herself. It's a worry that even though people had the benefit of the numbers right in front of their faces, that they still couldn't figure out simple math. Sad state of affairs in this country.

Mrs Butterfat though haha

Priya stuffed up the nomination super power thing.
If she thought Lawson was still a threat, she would have give him far more than 1 point.
She won't go home next week, but I seriously doubt that she will be around towards the end of this season.

THIS! ALL OF THIS!

I said the exact same thing after her nominations. It was a complete cock-up. For such a strategy Susan, she really put her foot in it. I thought the strength of her strategy would really shine in this moment, as did BB ("you're going to love it"), but this just further goes to show that she talks a big talk, but does not walk it. And Skye, of all people to be stereotyped, used the dirty dozen in the best possible way out of all HoH so far.

I thought her strategy was flawless tbh, she knew she couldn't save herself so she literally put everyone up bar 3 people to increase her chances of staying

Priya stuffed up the nomination super power thing.
If she thought Lawson was still a threat, she would have give him far more than 1 point.
She won't go home next week, but I seriously doubt that she will be around towards the end of this season.
Why on Earth would Priya still think Lawson is a threat??!!

Bloody hell... even the dummies in the house know he isn't a threat anymore. Marina's the only one who gave him points this week and since the Sanctuary he hasn't even been up for eviction. The only two people she didn't give points to and/or check is Cat (a no hoper) and Ryan. Ryan didn't give her any points this week either so who knows what's going on with those two now.

Yeah, if it's a double (which - who knows? BB producers probably don't know yet what they're doing until they have their snort of coke before the next 'ideas' meeting) she's vastly increased her chances of not being evicted, by having seven up.

It seemed ridiculous to spend one point at a time nominating, but it was actually brilliant. You can either spend a point to see where the person is, or spend a point to nominate someone, giving them a point, and watching the tally board, thus learning where they are anyway. She was obviously able to keep a mental picture of the board as she went, so she did a fantastic job - especially since she did what she wanted, which was to put as many people up as she could...

Actually I just realised why she didn't want Ryan in there and so didn't touch him. He'd been saved with the highest % last week when she was up against him so she didn't want him in there again. Bloody smart woman.

I thought her strategy was flawless tbh, she knew she couldn't save herself so she literally put everyone up bar 3 people to increase her chances of staying
Exactly! It's about surviving, by any means possible, so increase your chances by throwing more hms in the mix. So far the only hm to do so I believe. Oh actually, didn't Sam do something similar? I can't remember now

I am in the throes of writing a reply to you right now. I have other things to deal with (in RL) this morning, so my finishing it will have to wait until this afternoon. :)

Thanks to everyone for posting, good to see some more in depth reasons coming through.

Tahan, you have clearly made an articulate, and thought-out post. I do not wish to argue any of your points, however I think you have misunderstood the point of this thread. So I will try and make that clearer, sorry for the lack thereof.

I am quite insulted of your claim that any opinion that is not my own will be shut down. This is not a thread for me to attack people's opinions. Anything that can be substantiated with evidence (yes, I know we get shown little of what really happens in that house), contrasts with other housemates, and follows a logical path of analysis WILL be highly respected and considered legitimate. I have openly embraced such anti-Priya posts in my OP. I really am interested to see who can adequately argue Priya is a bad housemate, and I'm sure people can.

Again, I asked for people to give reasoned, critically evaluated reasons for not liking Priya. I did not ask people to justify their dislike because of other's people adoration. This is not a thread where anyone can air their dirty laundry. I refer you to the title of this thread. "A challenge to all Prisus HATERS". This is not a thread for people ambivalent towards her, nor people who merely do not like her, this is a thread for people who SINGLE her OUT for their dislike (perhaps with one or two other housemates). I am sorry that I did not give an example of every housemate, but that was not my aim. I was only rebutting those who have SINGLED OUT Priya. I support her actions from a value-based judgement, other's don't have to, but my point was for people to recognise it in itself is not a reason to SINGLE OUT one housemate for dislike.

I am also sorry that I did not weigh up the implications of every choice of word I made. Thank you for bringing this to light. When saying "flat out lie/white-lie" I was NOT using these to say they were the same, NOR were they both applying to the one scenario. People in that house lie in some circumstances for the aforementioned reason, and others tell white-lies for the same circumstance. In different circumstances, different judgements are to be made in each individual circumstance. This, again, is to stop those SINGLING OUT Priya.

And the reason that I did not include claims that Priya is boring, because unlike the other three which can be relatively supported and/or rebutted through evidence, reason and critical analysis, that is 100% SUBJECTIVE. Congratulations, you find her boring. I happen to find her snippets in the diary room insightful and amusing, her strategy (whilst able at times to make be frown) impresses and entertains me. Of course, amongst other things. You obviously do not feel the same way. I cannot justify that you should be entertained, so I won't. Not finding someone entertaining is not a reason to SINGLE OUT Priya for hate. THAT is the contention of this thread.

Oh and perhaps instead of rebutting the words I used, and rebutting ideas because I did not include every eventuality the human mind can consider (sorry a few hundred words already seemed ridiculous), you could propose something of your own to refute the essence and contention of each idea. Nowhere did I ask for people to try ripping apart my post, I've encouraged people to post their own reasons to have a strong dislike for Priya, which can be backed up more objectively.
My point is that everything is subjective.

Claiming that people's "hatred" of Priya is currently seen as illogical, irrational, illegitimate is extremely condescending, arrogant and, dare I say, not all that surprising from those who worship with blind faith. (yeah I get that it's all a joke).

You claim that Priya being manipulative and Priya being two faced is seemingly okay because it is "objectively" true. Wellllllll... it's not really objective. YOU think that, which makes it subjective.

I have been able to make arguments on the other side of the coin, and unless mine is categorically false, then all it comes down to subjective opinion.

Your OP is no different to me saying something as subjective as Priya is boring.

Wow, Mercy I read your post just before going to bed. That intellect, prose and critical evaluation had me begging for (intellectual) ejaculation. Four words in at "amalgamation" you got me ROCK HARD. As I continued reading I could not help but get HARDER AND HARDER. By the end I was spent and limp, I could sleep knowing that my appetite for reason had been fulfilled. Thank you.

Hahahahaha.

Sweet (wet) Priyms, my friend.

My point is that everything is subjective.

Claiming that people's "hatred" of Priya is currently seen as illogical, irrational, illegitimate is extremely condescending, arrogant and, dare I say, not all that surprising from those who worship with blind faith. (yeah I get that it's all a joke).

You claim that Priya being manipulative and Priya being two faced is seemingly okay because it is "objectively" true. Wellllllll... it's not really objective. YOU think that, which makes it subjective.

I have been able to make arguments on the other side of the coin, and unless mine is categorically false, then all it comes down to subjective opinion.

Your OP is no different to me saying something as subjective as Priya is boring.

This will be my last reply to you, especially because you show callous disregard for what people write, bordering on belligerency.

Evidently, someone could say everything is subjective. My point is that if you provide evidence, contrast it to other housemates and have logical analysis then it's the closest possible to objective. Note my use of the word "relatively".

I find it amusing that you have called my post condescending and arrogant, when the tone you adopt is exactly that and unjustifiably didactic.

At no point did I say her actions are moralistic, but they are not a reason to single her out for hate. Please refer to all my posts, read them carefully.

You have remained unable for the most part to present an argument that (in lieu of belligerently attacking what I say) refutes it through examples of evidence, contrasting this with other housemates.

LET ME BE CLEAR. This thread seeks to dismiss people who single her out for hate. It also welcomes people who single her out but can then justify it. I can think of a few examples for justifying such hate, but my contention is that most people who express this cannot back it up.

Perhaps you have done so, thank you for your contribution

Choosing to disregard Priya's manipulative side, on the basis that Skye and David do it too, is not really objective. You may see game playing as perfectly reasonable, others may not. Once again, it's all down to personal opinion, not whether it's legitimate, objective, or other categorical nonsense.
First off, this is a GAME. Anyone who doesn’t put himself or herself in the best position possible in this game is not playing it well. Skye does so by how she acts; David’s strategy of exposing other people’s strategy is his method.

Choosing to disregard Priya's two faced side, on the basis that she did it to help Skye when the situation could easily be seen as her causing a rift between Skye and Leo. You chose to see it as Priya helping, which is perfectly fine, but don't spout it as "close as you can be to objective".
Secondly, who cares if she planted a seed of distrust in Skye’s mind regarding Leo? She was probably correct.
If something is supposedly "objective", you don't really use the word "probably". Ahhh, so maybe it is just down to personal opinion?
If your excuse is Priya does it more, well then she’s getting the most knowledge and power. Live with it.
I just wanted to quote this bit for the hilarity of it.

I find it amusing that you have called my post condescending and arrogant, when the tone you adopt is exactly that and unjustifiably didactic.
Probably does.

Not really my intention, I just find it extremely ironic, this whole situation, you know, with you asking for objective stuff, to be rational etc etc when your post doesn't show the same standard you are asking for.

At no point did I say her actions are moralistic, but they are not a reason to single her out for hate. Please refer to all my posts, read them carefully.
People can choose to hate (even though I think we all exaggerate what we mean by hate) whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.

Are you saying it is not okay to hate someone because their actions are not moralistic? Your OP is an essay of excuses, and then you somehow go on that it's all objective!

You can think it's excusable, I personally don't give a fuck, and other people can view it as reasons to hate. I think all are very reasonable.

You have remained unable for the most part to present an argument that (in lieu of belligerently attacking what I say) refutes it through examples of evidence, contrasting this with other housemates.
Well, now this just goes back to my bit about saying that this is all pointless if you're just going to dismiss every thing you don't like to hear.

LET ME BE CLEAR. This thread seeks to dismiss people who single her out for hate. It also welcomes people who single her out but can then justify it. I can think of a few examples for justifying such hate, but my contention is that most people who express this cannot back it up.
Personally, I don't care about Priya. Pretty meh about her. I won't post in the "Priya Hate Thread" because I don't. I respect the way she plays the game, it's very much how I'd do it too (although I'd do it better).

But the point of me posting, was one, it's extremely fun, and two, pointing out that there's always another side of the coin.

If you choose to believe that it isn't a legitimate reason, well, I'll have to disagree with you and think you're all talk but no walk, but I guess, that's all subjective too.

Hope we can do this again someday :)

Back