Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

I'm gonna assume y'all mean for the main finale show and not the winner announcement unless you're more specific.

Will be interesting to see how BIP fared against BB tonight given last time it only rated around 400k.

That will also give us an indication of how BB's finale might do against it next week.

it seems everyone is pretty much expecting an approx figure of 850,000 for the finale and then a low 900,000 for the winners announcement. I'm not sure if I want it to smash the ratings or not? Obviously we don't need to worry about numbers for a renewal, however I still want 7 to realise theres a few flaws with the show and things do need to change for next year. However, I want it to do well just simply because I love Big Brother and I want to see it be a ratings success.

it seems everyone is pretty much expecting an approx figure of 850,000 for the finale and then a low 900,000 for the winners announcement. I'm not sure if I want it to smash the ratings or not? Obviously we don't need to worry about numbers for a renewal, however I still want 7 to realise theres a few flaws with the show and things do need to change for next year. However, I want it to do well just simply because I love Big Brother and I want to see it be a ratings success.
The one positive change that it looks like they have so far is that it will be up to 3 months in the house. That’s positive and by all accounts they are eager to get back to filming. COVID could be an issue though :/

We should also probably give them the benefit of the doubt in some areas of the production in that they are rookies at producing Big Brother and may have learned a few things about some of the flaws in their first attempt. Hopefully more natural and less producer generated filler rubbish like we had with the missing furniture, or the ginger dread house and so on.

Would like to see a more uptight Big Brother rather than one that shares beers with housemates and discusses sitting outside with a beer.

Yep, 711,000. The audience has been a flat line for 11 episodes now. Last night's ep was a cracker so it's pretty disappointing more people didn't tune in for the white room. I am reluctantly forced to downgrade my expectations for the finale to 804k/816k.

Untitled-1.jpg

Yep, 711,000. The audience has been a flat line for 11 episodes now. Last night's ep was a cracker so it's pretty disappointing more people didn't tune in for the white room. I am reluctantly forced to downgrade my expectations for the finale to 804k/816k.

View attachment 55873

Honestly there’ll be so many watching it on 7Plus instead of live broadcast. May even be live streaming it at the same time on their computers / devices rather than on their TV’s.

When/where do online viewing figures get released? Just at 7’s discretion?

2nd in the 16-39 demo. I assume all the young people are watching it online. Still to come first in the 7:30 slot is great, I don't recall Big Brother ever achieving that outside of the 2012/2013 finale whilst on channel 9. Seven also won the night for both channels and network overall so really they could ask for nothing more.

Back