Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

I don’t think they’ll change anything, it’s gotten above what they projected and it’s already helped them life their share. This will honestly continue to rate 3rd in its a lot yet pull 2nd place in demos for the entire times it’s on 7 at very best. I have absolutely no hope in 7 changing anything for the better really next year.

Wouldn't they want to aim for more than middling TV ratings?

If they don’t change anything I’ll be shocked. They’ve already proven to themselves that they can produce this format in an accelerated environment with 20 housemates. If they had no intention of changing anything they would have kept to the six weeks originally planned for cost efficiency purposes, but we know they’re expanding to 10-12 which implies an elongated format... my guess and hope is a veto but time will tell.

Wouldn't they want to aim for more than middling TV ratings?

I'm sure ideally they would, but realistically if 7 can win the week as it is I can't see them making any drastic changes. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, I just can't see them making any changes we'll be happy with tbh. I can't see this show ever pulling more than 800,000 at best either.

2nd in all demos

What nights is The Voice on next week?
Hopefully next Wednesday it’ll have no competition...
Its grand final week for the Voice.

4 more episodes which are Sunday 12th, Monday 13th, Tuesday 14th and Sunday 19th.

Not sure what the next series is for nine.

Hopefully that means a strong final week for BBAU with MasterChef and The Voice hopefully out of the way by then

I’m looking forward to a RuPaul’s Drag Race style reunion and finale haha

Well with just five episodes left you'd have to expect an upward trajectory from here?

I suspect decent ratings for the final week once the voice and mc finish. With it's only confirmed competition so far being BIP theres really no excuse for it to not pull at least 700,000-800,000 for its final 3 episodes. It would be amazing for it to push past 1,000,000 for the finale, if you asked me yesterday morning I would have been pessimistic about that possibility. But now that Melbourne lockdown has happened surly more Melbournians will be more likely to watch some reality tv finales. Masterchef for one will without doubt benefit from the Melb lockdown, so I'd like to think BB could as well.

Last edited:
I suspect decent ratings for the final week once the voice and mc finish. With it's only confirmed competition so far being BIP theres really no excuse for it to not pull at least 700,000-800,000 for its final 3 episodes. It would be amazing for it to push past 1,000,000 for the finale, if you asked me yesterday morning I would have been pessimistic about that possibility. But now that Melbourne lockdown has happened surly more Melbournians will be more likely to watch some reality tv finales. Masterchef for one will without doubt benefit from the Melb lockdown, so I'd like to think BB could as well.
What's BIP?

Pretty sure that the Masterchef finale will be on the 20th and the BB finale on the 21st. Australian Ninja Warrior is also likely to premiere on the 20th as The Voice finale is the night before which means it will air against both finales.

Pretty sure that the Masterchef finale will be on the 20th and the BB finale on the 21st. Australian Ninja Warrior is also likely to premiere on the 20th as The Voice finale is the night before which means it will air against both finales.

Ben Norris said Wednesday July 22nd for the finale but he could be wrong, Marissa also agreed and said yes when he said that so I'm assuming the housemates have been told the date IF what Ben is saying is possibly correct?

Pretty sure that the Masterchef finale will be on the 20th

Masterchef Final 4 elimination challenge is set for Tuesday the 14th. I would then assume the finale would be Sunday the 19th, unless they are doing a final 2 rather than a final 3 as opposed to last year then you would be right in saying that Masterchef finale is the Monday. However with The big Brother Finale allegedly airing on the Wednesday I don't think it will have any strong competition to worry about.

But last year BIP aired in an 8:40 timeslot, now it's on an hour earlier it's likely to rate higher.
Wasn't that because it rated poorly so they moved its timeslot half way through?

BIP could do well this year, with the promotion it's getting while masterchef is on. I could see audiences staying on 10 for BIP.

Masterchef Final 4 elimination challenge is set for Tuesday the 14th. I would then assume the finale would be Sunday the 19th, unless they are doing a final 2 rather than a final 3 as opposed to last year then you would be right in saying that Masterchef finale is the Monday. However with The big Brother Finale allegedly airing on the Wednesday I don't think it will have any strong competition to worry about.

Masterchef finale confirmed for the 20th and that it will be a final 2.

Back