Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

Yeah definitely a 700k plateau now. The question is will it hold, trail off, or improve?

This graph worked better when we thought it'd be 24 eps as per Survivor. So imagine yesterday was ep 17 on the graph. You would expect the show to start gaining viewers from next Sunday's show, being the start of the final eps. Actually I might graph it that way next week.

Untitled-1.jpg

Yeah definitely a 700k plateau now. The question is will it hold, trail off, or improve?
I would have expected Sunday's ep to be a tick higher, given the different aspect advertised. But not hugely surprised.

If they don't piss any more viewers off, It could stay here. But I must admit feeling fatigued with the constant us vs them with, what, 3 groups - the Us, the Them and the Floaters. It's only going to get worse as is beginning to show in Sunday's episode. Emotions are out - it's all strategy to win now, and for me, that's just batshit boring.

/rant

The rust is starting to flake off, if posts on the daily threads is anything to go by.

I've noticed the drop, especially this entire weekend the buzz on here has died. My family members have also stopped watching/talking about the show. Even when me and my friends discuss the show all the conversation seems to have turned to is how shit it is and how disappointed we are. Although I am rather surprised the ratings haven't dipped even close to the 500,000 mark honestly.

Maybe those who switched off Sunday's ep were off-set by those who watched because of the Corona episode TVCs ?

And I confess I'm not reading the ep threads. Time delay (WA) makes that even harder.

I have done some digging and found the overnight television rating, both city and country, for the episode airing on Sunday 21st of June, because that is the most recent one where i can compare apples with apples as so to speak, and the numbers are:

Capital cities = 751 000 – All country = 363,000 – Total viewers nationwide = 1 114 000.

These numbers do not include all the people who stream Big Brother on 7 Plus, nor does it include all the people who watch timeshifted replays of Big Brother later in the week. In a nutshell, over a million Australians will watch each episode of Big Brother.

See the issue we have now is that they will stunt fill the next series to a max (eg - MAFS style). I know Nine did this a lot, but with this new format I think they will over dramatise everything and make it even more contrived. It’s a concern.
Seven will be too hesitant to modify the format because they will be too worried about losing audience (even though in my eyes the older format would still bring in the same amount if not more even if it was used today). They have been touting how amazing the new one is; so i don’t seem them changing it until ratings plummet - even then they would probably axe it as apposed to modify it.

See the issue we have now is that they will stunt fill the next series to a max (eg - MAFS style). I know Nine did this a lot, but with this new format I think they will over dramatise everything and make it even more contrived. It’s a concern.
Seven will be too hesitant to modify the format because they will be too worried about losing audience (even though in my eyes the older format would still bring in the same amount even if it was used today). They have been touting how amazing the new one is; so i don’t seem them changing it until ratings plummet - even then they would probably axe it as apposed to modify it.
My sentiments also.

I made this comment in the episode thread but I figure it's worth noting here too. I do fear for the future seasons. It just concerns me the way Amelia, Sonia and other PR talk about the show and its ratings, I worry they'll remain too stuck in their ways to see past any flaws the show has - primarily to do with editing and the game structure.

We do know there's already a strong likelihood that season 13 will be longer, as well as rumours of an extra episode per week and possibly even a separation between evictions (which is great news), but I really do hope Seven/Endemol are willing to take onboard feedback about the episodic formula and mix it up. They really, really need to.

Another problem is they've seen how well Angela was perceived. This, however, happened organically. The issue now is they'll deliberately cast people like her, which will either come across as too much or too forced.

We do know there's already a strong likelihood that season 13 will be longer, as well as rumours of an extra episode per week and possibly even a separation between evictions (which is great news), but I really do hope Seven/Endemol are willing to take onboard feedback about the episodic formula and mix it up. They really, really need to.

I am rather happy that there will apparently be more episodes (I'm assuming Sunday-Wednesday will be most likely?) Although in a perfect world we would just have Sunday night evictions.

Then 4th and 3rd in the demos. Hopefully will do better tonight BUT I think The Voice and Masterchef are both on as well :-/

Then 4th and 3rd in the demos. Hopefully will do better tonight BUT I think The Voice and Masterchef are both on as well :-/
Yep. The Voice back on tonight. Not a great sign, I have a feeling the ratings will continue to drop.

I hope it continues to drop.It's the only way 7 will learn to switch things up for the next season.

I don’t think they’ll change anything, it’s gotten above what they projected and it’s already helped them life their share. This will honestly continue to rate 3rd in its a lot yet pull 2nd place in demos for the entire times it’s on 7 at very best. I have absolutely no hope in 7 changing anything for the better really next year.

Back