Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

Last night, Murder in the Outback rated much higher than BB in total viewers with 1.03 m but it seems that was all down to the 55+ audience as it was down on BB in all of the main demos.

It was down 61k on BB in the 18-49 demo and 65k down in 16-39s.

Probably will rate lower next week as most of the comments on the socials were negative towards it.

Murder in the Outback smashed the 5 city ratings out of the ballpark last night! And yes i was watching it because a) it was interesting and b) there was nothing better for me to do on a Sunday night with no BB on.

Murder in the Outback smashed the 5 city ratings out of the ballpark last night! And yes i was watching it because a) it was interesting and b) there was nothing better for me to do on a Sunday night with no BB on.
Bugger, I missed that when was surfing for alternative entertainment. Watched Masterchef instead, ah well.

Has anyone heard how it's doing in the ratings in New Zealand?
Absolutely fucking terrible for a primetime show. It aired against "Inside Taronga Zoo" and "MasterChef" in the table below last Tuesday.

Screen-Shot-2020-07-08-at-4.17.36-PM-580x456.png

Three didn't start advertising they would be airing the show until about a week after the AU premiere - at which point the young savvy viewers would had already started watching online instead of waiting for the local airdate and have continued to illegally watch the show instead of not watching for three weeks so local airings can catch up.

Last edited:

And I like said that's because of the 55+ audience as in the younger demos it was down on Big Brother from last Sunday. Demos are more important to the advertisers.

Last night, Murder in the Outback rated much higher than BB in total viewers with 1.03 m but it seems that was all down to the 55+ audience as it was down on BB in all of the main demos.

It was down 61k on BB in the 18-49 demo and 65k down in 16-39s.

Probably will rate lower next week as most of the comments on the socials were negative towards it.
So we can expect a Sunday Night Murder twist to feature in Big Brother next year. :D

Absolutely fucking terrible for a primetime show. It aired against "Inside Taronga Zoo" and "MasterChef" in the table below last Tuesday.

Screen-Shot-2020-07-08-at-4.17.36-PM-580x456.png

Three didn't start advertising they would be airing the show until about a week after the AU premiere - at which point the young savvy viewers would had already started watching online instead of waiting for the local airdate and have continued to illegally watch the show instead of not watching for three weeks so local airings can catch up.
Where did you get this at, I'm trying to add the ratings to the BB Wiki website

It’s not rating terrible overall. It’s doing very similar on average to what survivor has been doing the last 3 years. A dip in the last half is typical in big brother. The time shifted average will easily be 800,000+, I think if they tweaked it a bit next year and made it more easy to get to know the contestants it could potentially do well, it seems to have a stable audience watching every night, I’m honestly shocked it hasn’t come close to the 500,000 at all once.

It’s not rating terrible overall. It’s doing very similar on average to what survivor has been doing the last 3 years. A dip in the last half is typical in big brother.
Here it is against 2019's Survivor, which was their best rated season.Overall it's doing just as well, but really it should have picked up more for these final six episodes. Only four left now. Still, they will be pretty happy with the demos and VOD numbers.

Untitled-1.jpg

Here it is against 2019's Survivor, which was their best rated season.Overall it's doing just as well, but really it should have picked up more for these final six episodes. Only four left now. Still, they will be pretty happy with the demos and VOD numbers.

Masterchef finals week may be to blame. I've noticed theres a bit more hype for BIP than what I had expected. Several of my friends even are considering not watching BB tonight for it. I'd like to think tonight's BB and next week's finale can achieve decent figures. The interest factor was there for the show, its just unfortunate to be up against Masterchef, and it is a shame it isn't beating the voice in overall people. But credit is worth given it's decent demo performance and dominant VOD results.

BIP looks like so much fun, the cast is full of weirdos and crazies
But I do want to see smug and smug terrified by Sophie on the war path

Tonight’s ratings will be the true test. Will it surpass 800K?
And will the finale hit over the magic million? Is that even ‘the magic number’ anymore?

BIP looks like so much fun, the cast is full of weirdos and crazies
But I do want to see smug and smug terrified by Sophie on the war path

I'm excited this year for Timm

Tonight’s ratings will be the true test. Will it surpass 800K?
And will the finale hit over the magic million? Is that even ‘the magic number’ anymore?

It's almost like the 800,000 and even so the 700,000 rage is slowly becoming the magic number

Back