Skip to main content

2017 Today I ...

Anglicans i know tell me we are exactly the same, Catholics & Anglicans, services & beliefs, etc. ???
Except Anglicans are more enlightened it seems, Catholics - privately believe the same about women, gays, everything (except for some weirdos).
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Today I made an enrolment request to study in the Intravenous Medication Endorsement Program.

2017 goals are so far on track :)

Hi Kay. Oh you are. That I am sure.

When I had no one to believe in me and Sr Mel actually did, initially I latched on to God and the Catholic Church to be just a little bit like her. But it got to the point it was becoming unhealthy. I felt if I didn't go to church every day and have holy water touch me, my life would go back to what it was, if I didn't recite the Lord's Prayer through out my day, my life would go back to what it was. I felt if I took my cross off, my life would go back to what it was. I was in a constant state of prayer. This calmed down after a couple of years, and my life started changing, positively, I thanked God for this. I took a vow of celibacy, got a job, had a JET adviser at Social Security help me with study choices, and then my life really started changing. I saved money, bought an old Datsun 200B, moved to a better area of Maroochydore, by this time 5 years had passed, I thanked God for this. Then my life really took its greatest blow. My father died, but by then I was stronger, I didn't run straight back to drugs, I mourned him and continued living and growing. I was still devout in my belief, but I had dialled back on the obsessiveness and I thanked God for this.

I think by this time another 5 years had past, I was now with my partner and mentally stronger than I had ever been. I started thinking about life, and I felt disillusioned at the thought that "God" would save the likes of me while the innocent suffered, then science sort of kicked in.

I think religion, when used for good, can be life changing, as it was for me. The Catholic Church will always be a special place for me, and I think people like you and Sr Mel are perfect examples of that good. I truly believe without Mel, I could never have turned my mess of a life around.

Very interesting... I'm not religious myself, but I enjoy hearing stories about how people use religion positively to better their lives and get through the rough patches. Lets not forget that the comforting seats of a Datto 200 cuddling you at the end of the day have a similar effect! How long did you take a vow of celibacy for? Was it tough at the start than became easier?

Today I am leaving on a jet plane... Well actually it's only a little 36 seater and it's only to get me to the ship. Holidays are here!!!
Internet is ridiculously expensive on board so I might have to catch you all in a fortnight.
Blessings everyone.

Very interesting... I'm not religious myself, but I enjoy hearing stories about how people use religion positively to better their lives and get through the rough patches. Lets not forget that the comforting seats of a Datto 200 cuddling you at the end of the day have a similar effect! How long did you take a vow of celibacy for? Was it tough at the start than became easier?
Religion definitely helped me in a positive way.

My son still remembers "Betsy" my Datto with fondness, she was sky blue. By the end she was so rusted you could fit your fist through holes in the boot. The motor never failed me, in fact we drove her to the wreckers, and we both wept leaving her there with all those broken unwanted cars.

The vow of celibacy lasted 5 years! I promised God the next man I threw a leg over would be a man I wanted to commit myself to, thinking I would wait 1 year tops! It was hard, but the thought of my son growing up with a different man under me every night was too awful to contemplate. My mother couldn't keep her knickers on, and seeing her with so many men left its scars on me. I couldn't stand the thought of torturing my son in the same way. Let's just say in the 5 years I became the best lover I ever had, a title that still stands to this day :)

Have a nice day everyone, working or relaxing...

16174437_1402904613085260_7609143180922423793_n.jpg

When i was a kid, we never even noticed 26th, was it even a holiday? 1994 all states agreed to holiday on 26th.Pre that it was all over the place.

I have little to no connection to Brits, my roots are elsewhere, and Brits just made it shitty for my roots, so I feel more affinity with anyone but Brits invading the Indigenous.
But I would not be here if someone hadn't set up camp here - though I wonder, what we would look like as a nation if Indigenous people had kept control and made this country evolve how they wanted it to.

It is time for a REPUBLIC, and a new day to dawn & celebrate.
The queen will die within the next 10 years, come on we surely will not accept Charles as a King, a queen maybe, he isn't terribly masculine, no way hose to Mt Tampon

Back