Skip to main content

2017 Today I ...

I get tonsil stones - I think I've read they are similar. They are very uncomfortable and mine are about a 50th of a size of his maximum so he must be a touch cookie. How is his recovery going?
He actually is a pretty tough cookie Delcan. But he says he had no hint of this until it completely blocked the gland a few days before he went to the hospital. It all blew up in just 36 hours. They say the stone was growing for years but we saw him off at the airport and there was absolutely no sign of swelling.
He was back to enjoying a BBQ last night but he is taking things easy and has to attend a clinic daily for a week to have wound assessed and dressing changed. He was supposed to move on to Viet Nam on Tuesday so insurance are paying three days of the accommodation and then reassessing

Went Pest hunting. Planted like 50 pea plants 4 weeks ago and all were destroyed in 2 days. It is either birds mice or slaters that are my enemy with my peas atm.

Have not found the culprit as yet.

Today I am having confronting thoughts as I go to bed.

My mum would have been 93 today but in 2 weeks on the 13 July she will have been gone for 20 years. A couple of days before that on the 11th is My sister's birthday. She will be 68. Only 5 years younger than mum when she died. SHIT. Thankfully I am nearly 12 years younger than my sister - but still - SHIT. I don't think we ever notice we are getting old.

Don't count on youth saving you @qtkt - lost both my youngest brother and youngest sister within 11 months!
Youngest boy, youngest girl of 8. Damn it hurts.
If that pattern continues, next is my drunk junkie sis, then me!

All the elder 4 - are very unhealthy, but they never went out adventuring, as the younger 4 did. We lived more.

My Mum has been gone for 20 years too,pissed off now I have people around me with 100 year old Mums.

Sometimes lately I feel like I am just waiting for a bus to hit me.....and I have to stay alive for I want to see the next generation, and i promised Nick, trying to be healthy:)

Never stop missing Mum, and all of them

Absolutely hear you @kxk I too have lost loved ones far too young - though no siblings. I was at a Clergy conference last week and they actually had a helpful session ( they aren't always). This was on dealing with those who were grieving the loss of their children - something we are hit with far too often.

But I think what hit me was the thought of how close my sister is getting to an age where death wouldn't necessarily be an unusual tragedy. Getting very close to her three score years and ten. Mind you our current life expectancy in Australia is a decade longer than that - and that is certainly my experience in rural areas - those who die of 'old age' are 80+.

I understand your feelings about friends who still have their mums. Most of my friends still do. It hurts.

Reactions: kxk
Today I am having confronting thoughts as I go to bed.

My mum would have been 93 today but in 2 weeks on the 13 July she will have been gone for 20 years. A couple of days before that on the 11th is My sister's birthday. She will be 68. Only 5 years younger than mum when she died. SHIT. Thankfully I am nearly 12 years younger than my sister - but still - SHIT. I don't think we ever notice we are getting old.

My parents were around 40 when they had me, and I'm in my 30's now. Both of them are in in their early 70's and heavily involved in community organisations - every so often they get visits from/visit the "Old Folks Home" (as they call it also know as a Nursing Home or Aged Care Facility to many of us) who also probably around their age and I always find that funny that they don't see their age. I work in health so I see people in their 20's who live in Nursing Homes because they've had a horrible brain injury or have a horrible neurological disease who can't eat or speak, and I also see 106 year olds who live at home and drive and do everything themselves.

Today is WORLD ELEPHANT DAY.....

World Elephant Day was launched to bring attention to the urgent plight of Asian and African elephants. The elephant is loved, revered and respected by people and cultures around the world, yet we balance on the brink of seeing the last of this magnificent creature.

unnamed-1-3.jpg

http://worldelephantday.org/about

I love elephants my spirit animals, everyone has one don't they? Well you do in my family, I loved penguins as a kid before I discovered lovely elephants mourning, tenderly caressing bones of deceased loved ones.
I even had a penguin doll instead of humans.

So I came home early, strolled along my shopping strip - and wow, we have heaps of free push bikes, all along our main road.
Popped up overnight, must be bike faeries ......going back to take one for a spin, how awesome, pretty bikes too

Back