Skip to main content

2017 Today I ...

artist_of_the_month_2017_by_seane-db4h8ci.jpg

I've won "Artist of the Month" for April 2017 as voted by the Renderosity.com online community!! :)

There's a followup interview --> https://www.renderosity.com/interview-with-seane---artist-of-the-month-for-april-2017-cms-19047 and youtube that go with the AOM award.

As an Anglican 'no meat on Fridays' has never been a big thing except for some very catholic style parishes. I don't eat a lot of red meat anyway but I never consider what day it is when I do. However I found myself actively avoiding it this last (Good) Friday - and to be honest I'm not quite sure why. I never have before.

My worship and preaching style is usually down to earth and (hopefully) joyful with a bit of fun or humour thrown in but on days like Good Friday I stick to the serious and reflective and aim to engage strong emotions from my congregation. Our emphasis this year was on sacrifice and maybe that fed in to my feelings towards meat.

Today, however, we sang and laughed and danced in church - and a BBQ steak sound good right about now.

As an Anglican 'no meat on Fridays' has never been a big thing except for some very catholic style parishes. I don't eat a lot of red meat anyway but I never consider what day it is when I do. However I found myself actively avoiding it this last (Good) Friday - and to be honest I'm not quite sure why. I never have before.

My worship and preaching style is usually down to earth and (hopefully) joyful with a bit of fun or humour thrown in but on days like Good Friday I stick to the serious and reflective and aim to engage strong emotions from my congregation. Our emphasis this year was on sacrifice and maybe that fed in to my feelings towards meat.

Today, however, we sang and laughed and danced in church - and a BBQ steak sound good right about now.

My family aren't of any religious affiliation at all, but respectful of those who are. Growing up in Broken Hill, it just seemed that "everyone" respected the eating fish on Good Friday tradition, and as we like fish anyway, it's something that we have continued doing. Breakfast was cereal, then tuna & salad for lunch, and barramundi fillets and chips & salad for dinner, so it was no hassle. It was BBQ the next night, and roast chicken tonight. And Easter eggs, lots and lots of Easter eggs (sorry diet).

Have a Happy Easter everyone...fertile if that is what you wish for, and the bunnies and eggs represent that pagan stuff, and peaceful, and safe & prosperous
17904328_1447285015311203_8399816035426445753_n.jpg

My lovely local is doing Easter brunch & my little bit of family will join me and friends.

Take away fish & chips were a big treat for a large family like ours, I loved fridays, unless it was bargain fridays and Mum's smoked cod - ich.

Another reason Melbourne is aweseome

PUPPY TRAM TODAY

Puppy-Tram-CBD-Melbourne.jpg

We don’t want to alarm you, but there is currently a Puppy Tram circling the CBD. That’s a regular tram. Filled with puppies. Guide dog puppies to be precise. And you’re all invited.

It’s a special one-off birthday celebration for Guide Dog’s Victoria (who turn 60 today, bless ‘em). They’ve teamed up with the good folks at PTV to build a portable pet paradise in honour of International Guide Dog Day.

The Puppy Tram will be running up Swanston St and St Kilda Rd. Anyone who gets on board receives a special birthday treat and all the adorable face licks they can handle. Of course the welfare of the pups is the main concern, so it’s not exactly a footy-peak-hour-free-for-all situation. Experts will be on hand to make sure the little balls of fluff don’t freak out at all the new faces (or the price of Myki tickets, which is probably more upsetting).

The Details
Where: The CBD, mostly on Swanston St and St Kilda Rd.
When: Today
For more info on Guide Dogs Victoria, click here.

Want to foster a guide dog pup of your own? Check out this article for more info.

Image credit: Guide Dogs Victoria

Lawrence Mooney was hilarious....free laughs lovin my local, and back dancing there tonight:)

Hope you are having a pleasant evening posters:)

Today I am worried about my youngest son. On Tuesday night we put him on a plane for a 2 year overseas adventure and today he is in a Thai Hospital waiting for his travel insurance company to approve surgery on an abcessed salivary gland. One side of his face has blown up like a balloon. He has been told to expect 3 to 4 days in hospital after the surgery.

Reactions: kxk
OMG @qtkt......prayers are with you, how devastating, hope things progress safely...bet you just want to leap on a plane too
Thai doctors are pretty good, apparently, with lots highly trained.

Today I am worried about my youngest son. On Tuesday night we put him on a plane for a 2 year overseas adventure and today he is in a Thai Hospital waiting for his travel insurance company to approve surgery on an abcessed salivary gland. One side of his face has blown up like a balloon. He has been told to expect 3 to 4 days in hospital after the surgery.

Wishing and praying only the best for you and your son. :) Hope he has a speedy and healthy recovery.

oh thoughts are with you and with him for a speedy recovery

IMG_4237.JPG
oh thoughts are with you and with him for a speedy recovery
OMG @qtkt......prayers are with you, how devastating, hope things progress safely...bet you just want to leap on a plane too
Thai doctors are pretty good, apparently, with lots highly trained.

Wishing and praying only the best for you and your son. :) Hope he has a speedy and healthy recovery.

Thanks guys. His surgery was approved and he's not long out of recovery. Feeling a bit groggy but better than before surgery already. He had an abscess on a salivary gland due to a stone in the duct. The stone is the size of a marble!! (See photo) He'll recover quickly I reckon but has been warned he's got at least 3 days in hospital- some of them with a drain in.

Thank you for your support. It's horrible being so far away but he has been excellent at staying in contact.

View attachment 52689

Thanks guys. His surgery was approved and he's not long out of recovery. Feeling a bit groggy but better than before surgery already. He had an abscess on a salivary gland due to a stone in the duct. The stone is the size of a marble!! (See photo) He'll recover quickly I reckon but has been warned he's got at least 3 days in hospital- some of them with a drain in.

Thank you for your support. It's horrible being so far away but he has been excellent at staying in contact.

Oy!
It's great news that the surgery went well and he is on the mend and already having relief from the pain. He sounds like a good son keeping you up to date with everything. :)

Such a weird thing to happen @qtkt you must be relieved he is doing ok, have they said what causes this condition, never heard anything like it.

So today, I have organised a surprise birthday party at a restaurant, quite excited, hopefully it will all work.
Did this once before at a restaurant and it was awesome.

Going early to decorate, icecream cake delivered already, Have a good day everyone:)

Hope your surprise party went well. I'm the sort of person who would love that sort of surprise.
Apparently saliva duct stones are a 'thing' like kidney stones and gall stones. My son is more susceptible because he had an accident aged 4 where he put his teeth through his tongue - all the way through. Very nasty it was.

Reactions: kxk
Hope your surprise party went well. I'm the sort of person who would love that sort of surprise.
Apparently saliva duct stones are a 'thing' like kidney stones and gall stones. My son is more susceptible because he had an accident aged 4 where he put his teeth through his tongue - all the way through. Very nasty it was.

I get tonsil stones - I think I've read they are similar. They are very uncomfortable and mine are about a 50th of a size of his maximum so he must be a touch cookie. How is his recovery going?

Back