Skip to main content

2016 Today I...

Next instalment….Mr. Magpie Dad came to visit, and despite his swooping on passers-by, I’ve discovered he’s actually quite tame, or game, and will take meat from my hand. Mrs. Magpie is a bit more wary.

After putting some meat scraps outside and leaving the backdoor open with the remaining scraps inside, I heard a noise. Only to look up and find Mr. Magpie perched on the arm of the couch… calmly looking at me with meat in his beak!

“Ooops", I thought, "Now I have to get him out before he decides to *thank me for his lunch*" (*shits inside*). So, I said hello and gently tried to encourage him to turnaround and fly out. And, what did he do? No, not that... He jumped off the arm onto the cushions and promptly walked all over the couch towards me. “Oh! Ooops! Ooops! F***! Now there’s gonna be bird germs on the couch”…..

Anyway, after he turned around and went back to finish off his lunchtime feast of ‘chicken’...in his own good time, he flew out very satisfied. How naughty....tee hee hee.
upload_2016-10-22_11-47-55.png
Sooooo cute, and he didn’t even say Good-day*

I tried ice coffee today. I have never had ice coffe before. I thought it tasted ok. I could never drink regular coffee though. It is far too hot for me. Plus I would always be worried about spilling it because of my shaky hands. But drinks are kind of important to me to help me swallow stuff. So I guess they are important in that way.

You could try a warm coffee, they come with a sippy lid so you don't spill and since these days they are not very hot - that spoils a good coffee, burning beans, only idiots drink super hot coffee, any good barrister won't make it too hot.
Anyway, I LOVE coffee, a bit obsessed these days it is so good everywhere in Melbourne.
You can really trust it not being burning hot now, I like mine lukewarm and it usually comes like that - but you can order specifically to your taste.

In the bad old days, I could not order hot drinks, for they came so hot I would have to sit there all day for it to cool. I used order with a side of cold water, and cold milk if it was possible.

Puzzles me the temperature/heat some can consume, that would burn blisters in my mouth, weird.

And iced coffee, have you had a lush one at a cafe? Yummy, loads of ice-cream and some cream, and shaved ice, mmm.

The fan - don't please.
But it will probably just hurt if plastic flimsy blades, it won't chop you up unless you have a super fan & harder blades. Could get electrocuted, fan shocked me once. Shot me across the room when I was changing the rotation nob.

You could try a warm coffee, they come with a sippy lid so you don't spill and since these days they are not very hot - that spoils a good coffee, burning beans, only idiots drink super hot coffee, any good barrister won't make it too hot.
Anyway, I LOVE coffee, a bit obsessed these days it is so good everywhere in Melbourne.
You can really trust it not being burning hot now, I like mine lukewarm and it usually comes like that - but you can order specifically to your taste.

In the bad old days, I could not order hot drinks, for they came so hot I would have to sit there all day for it to cool. I used order with a side of cold water, and cold milk if it was possible.

Puzzles me the temperature/heat some can consume, that would burn blisters in my mouth, weird.

And iced coffee, have you had a lush one at a cafe? Yummy, loads of ice-cream and some cream, and shaved ice, mmm.

The fan - don't please.
But it will probably just hurt if plastic flimsy blades, it won't chop you up unless you have a super fan & harder blades. Could get electrocuted, fan shocked me once. Shot me across the room when I was changing the rotation nob.

I haven't had an ice coffee at a cafe before. Maybe I should.

Reactions: kxk
What do they like to eat @Bluefin I might put some nibbles out for our magies???

And crap I missed this today....

logo.png

AUSTRALIA’S BIG DAY
OF GOOD STUFF

07._about_garage_sale_trail_.jpg

damn, damn, damn - note for next year, I love garage sales

Yes, reepbot, cafe ones are like a milk shake, yummy coffee flavoured deluxe milkshake, I want one now...

I give them a few red meat scraps, or cooked chicken. No rubbishy or processed human food. Naturally they are very adept at finding all manner of juicy looking grubs in the ground. Sometimes they show up with a grub in their beak, still looking for meat, but I'm careful not to make them fat, lazy and dependent on a free lunch!

Thanks, do they like raw chicken too???
I would quite like to befriend my magies that don't attack me, I like them. They sometimes swoosh close to me, but never menace me - so i must give off ok bird vibes or scent.

What do they like to eat @Bluefin I might put some nibbles out for our magies???

And crap I missed this today....

logo.png

AUSTRALIA’S BIG DAY
OF GOOD STUFF

07._about_garage_sale_trail_.jpg

damn, damn, damn - note for next year, I love garage sales

Yes, reepbot, cafe ones are like a milk shake, yummy coffee flavoured deluxe milkshake, I want one now...

That does sound quite yummy.

I'm just scared if i get a hot coffee my hands will shake.

Is it the heat makes your hand shake or nerves? The cups these days are good for not feeling hot.
Are you worried you might burn yourself?
What if you drank it sitting down in the cafe, relaxing, comfortable would that help?

Sorry if I am nosey/too personal, no comment me if you want

Thanks, do they like raw chicken too???
I would quite like to befriend my magies that don't attack me, I like them. They sometimes swoosh close to me, but never menace me - so i must give off ok bird vibes or scent.
Don't know. I didn't like the idea of encouraging cannibalism (I excused cooked chook). They mainly swoop (and it's only males I believe) when they have chicks in the nest. Once the chicks are out and in the trees, the swooping seems to stop. Just a lot of squawking to be fed lol

LOL
I hadn't thought of the fellow bird thing, chooks seem so unrelated.
I like watching them swoop

Is it the heat makes your hand shake or nerves? The cups these days are good for not feeling hot.
Are you worried you might burn yourself?
What if you drank it sitting down in the cafe, relaxing, comfortable would that help?

Sorry if I am nosey/too personal, no comment me if you want

Not the heat because my hands still shake when holding a glass of water.

Not nerves because I still shake when I am alone.

What causes the shaking is called essential tremor.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/essential-tremor-basics#1

They apparently do eat other birds anyway....but I haven't seen it. The female was making a raucous the other day. She'd found a possum in a tree and was telling it to p*** off! Haha. It was actually pretty funny to watch, understanding what was going on. The possum wasn't going to budge in the daylight.

Thanks for the explanation @reepbot, sorry to hear that, must be annoying to say the least.

We missed world champagne day on the weekend.

Today is important, get your pink ribbon

getinvolved_buymerch.jpg

Thanks for the explanation @reepbot, sorry to hear that, must be annoying to say the least.

We missed world champagne day on the weekend.

Today is important, get your pink ribbon

getinvolved_buymerch.jpg

Thank you. I don't even think about it much to be honest with you. But i know my limitations.

Go chase trick or treators if you want to be real nasty - or just ask for a trick")

They have been annoying my dog all afternoon....ask them if they know anything about what they are doing, bet they don't.

I am fine with starting a halloween tradition/celebration, but make it about something, make up stuff to suit us don't just copy what the $2 shop tells you to do or copy America.
Swiss do cool stuff for all hallows eve

Back