Skip to main content

2015 Today I...

Thanks! I didn't think I could handle study again now with a family. It's a much different experience this time around.

I suppose I don't have a reason to continue eating these salted nuts now.

Does there need to be a reason? :p

Awesome @Sweetgeek! Congratulations, that's so great and good to know your hard work has paid off and that you are doing the right course.

I remember result days were so nerve wracking. For my last lot of results they were dekayed a day and I stayed up most of the night refreshing the screen and i had nightmares about it all night and then kept refreshing at work all day the next to finally see that I had graduated.

"Today I ..." thought I'd let my ego check in.

Here tis. :)

whatha1.jpg
whatha2.jpg
cryer.jpg

Occasion ?

York Medieval Fayre, and like, how medieval is this bit (especially from 3:55) ?

Oh, and here is what went into making That guitar.

Ingredients list includes:

* A nice brand new shiny "DethTone" electric guitar package from Kosmic Sound (including amp, tuner, bag, nice pickups and machine heads, etc, etc) for just $99.
* A pre-smashed with a falchion 18 gauge round buckler / shield.
* A cowbell.
* The horn off a plastic "viking" helmet.
* A nice lump of ash tree.
* Some wooden turkey feather arrows.
* A fluffy toy emu.
* A bunch of leather belts and leather thonging.
* The copper wire out of a couple of metres of 7067 twin&earth electric cable.
* A Bunnings tomahawk axe.
* Three different coloured versions of "Dr Neon" luminescent strings.
* Some galvanised clouts and hex head tech screws.
* A Drill.
* An Angle Grinder.
* Some Really Rough sanding disks wot can be attached to An Angle Grinder.
* A Ball-Peen hammer.
* A can of matt black spray paint.
* An idiot.

bits.jpg
Basic How2.
* Remove strings from brand new DethTone electric guitar and, after removing strings, detach its neck from the body and remove the machine heads.
* Fit a nasty rough sanding disk to the angle grinder using suitable attachment.
* Sand as much of the shiny black finish off the brand new DethTone guitar as you can easily reach.
* Take ball-peen hammer and strike the front of the guitar body with the ball end of the hammer many times.
* Repeat using edge of non-ball end of hammer.
* Put neck back on body and machine heads back on after sanding "DethTone" (along with the shiny black finish) off the head.
* Admire the beaten naked wood (like, why did they paint it in the first place ?).
* Pick a suitable branch from an ash tree and lop it at / to a pleasing shape.
* Grind bark off it.
* Bolt guitar to fork in ash tree using a couple of galvanised hex heads.
* Strap it all together even more using some old belts, leather thonging, and copper wire to taste.
* Strap shield on top and add arrows.
* Grind Bunnings axe down to a more pleasing shape and grind some runes into it.
* Spray paint stuffed emu so it looks more like the kind of thing wot would report stuff to Odin.
* Remove one of the plastic horns from silly helmet and impale it upon one of the ash tree twigs.
* Strap / wire axe to Axe and belt through a couple of galvanised clouts to be sure.
* Restring Axe using three different colours of Dr Neon strings.
* Sand back cowbell to raw metal using angle grinder.
* Strap / wire to it to another ash tree twig.
* Use a couple of old belts to make an Axe strap.
* Hang the completed ensemble off the idiot and tune to taste.

regarDS

Today I have done everything except what I should be doing. Applying for jobs. I've looked at a zillion cat gifs. Watched cinnamon challenges on youtube. Watched screaming goats on youtube and generally been totes lazy.

I really need a job. I'm so unmotivated when I don't have a routine.

Today I have done everything except what I should be doing. Applying for jobs. I've looked at a zillion cat gifs. Watched cinnamon challenges on youtube. Watched screaming goats on youtube and generally been totes lazy.

What sort of work are you looking for? Being unemployed is the worst.

What kind of job are you interested in? You can still have a routine without having a job. Make looking for a job your job.

I am kind of different to you in that I can have spurts of motivation. But i really don't need a routine for that motivation to come into being.[DOUBLEPOST=1446120395][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok then, I thought you might of done something to help your future.

I really don't think about my future. Like I have said before I rarely think three hours ahead.

What sort of work are you looking for? Being unemployed is the worst.

What kind of job are you interested in? You can still have a routine without having a job. Make looking for a job your job.

My contract has just finished from my previous job.. Project Administrator... as the whole project finished. I was working sometimes 12 hour days for the last 6 months so i'm happy to have a bit of a breather but ya know.. there's just that part of me that's like "OMG GET A JOB GET A JOB!!!" I know i'll get a job, no probs there, but i'm just feeling really lazy at the moment. Like an unpaid holiday kind of thing. Job applications are such a PITA but yes.. I know I have to make looking for a job my job but i'm kinda dragging my heels a bit.

I'm annoying as all hell.

I am kind of different to you in that I can have spurts of motivation. But i really don't need a routine for that motivation to come into being.[DOUBLEPOST=1446120395][/DOUBLEPOST]

I really don't think about my future. Like I have said before I rarely think three hours ahead.

I have spurts of motivation but i'm too easily distracted. OMG look at this on the internet!!

If i'm not locked into something I have the attention span of a gnat. Yet I thrive on stress and productivity in my working life. I like to be busy but I don't make myself busy in my not working life if I don't have to be....

*insert whiney child voice*

My contract has just finished from my previous job.. Project Administrator... as the whole project finished. I was working sometimes 12 hour days for the last 6 months so i'm happy to have a bit of a breather but ya know.. there's just that part of me that's like "OMG GET A JOB GET A JOB!!!" I know i'll get a job, no probs there, but i'm just feeling really lazy at the moment. Like an unpaid holiday kind of thing. Job applications are such a PITA but yes.. I know I have to make looking for a job my job but i'm kinda dragging my heels a bit.

I'm annoying as all hell.
Hey if you feel you need a break, this could be a time for you to relax... Maybe make looking for a job your part time job. :p

I have spurts of motivation but i'm too easily distracted. OMG look at this on the internet!!

If i'm not locked into something I have the attention span of a gnat. Yet I thrive on stress and productivity in my working life. I like to be busy but I don't make myself busy in my not working life if I don't have to be....

*insert whiney child voice*

Ha ha yes the internet can be very distracting. The only time when I can really focus is when I am writing or reading. Because i love to speed read.

Do you think you will ever be able to function as an adult, say with a job, bills and a house to look after?

Back