Skip to main content

2015 Today I...

Today I buried my best and most loyal of friends. Farewell, my funny little man. I will always love you.

74197_1613364887961_3943925_n.jpg

Awww, I'm so sorry @Jam. He looks like he was a bundle of personality xo

"Yesterday I ..." accidentally/unwittingly wrote my first sea shanty. Didn't mean to, was mere playing/recording a couple of guitar chords so I could practice some fiddle to them, but one thing soon led to another and, well, a moving picture is worth a million words, yes ? ;-) :)

Ummm, t'was a dark and stormy night and the Captain said to the Bosun, "sing us a shanty, bosun", and the bosun answered thus ...

Music/instruments and some lyrics by David Sparrow, 27/06/2015.

Instruments used (and in the key of G):
1 x nylon string guitar
2 x stray cats fighting with a couple of fiddles
1 x descant recorder (really ! lol)
1 x banjo (mostly used for crowd control :))

Lyrics:
"I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by ..." - John Masefield

"Heave away, haul away, new horizons there to find
on turning tide let's sail away and leave this land behind" - David Sparrow ... and probably (one way or another) many folk who have crewed on tall ships over the years. :)

Bless.

regarDS

Today I bought two new house plants... A peace lily and a spider plant. I already have 2 other peace lily ones in the home. I just like how easy they are to look after.

always doing cool stuff derz - good on you xx

Cheers hooley, hope all is well with yas (you too Mr Sticky :))

Speaking of cool stuff, pour yourselves a nice mug of your favorite warm beverage (mulled wine would be a good idea, else a cuppa tea. lol) and feel free to enjoy a trippy sunset shred down Coronet Peak with me.

Music (c) Will Shepherd (who is doing the singing and guitar) and ButOfCourse, me doing the dirty sax. lol.

regarDS

Bloody Parent bloody teacher bloody night... Bloody bloody...

As usual it's 90% parents that you don't want to talk to. If your kid is getting anything around or above a C, Is generally a well behaved kid, then I don't need to talk to you...

As usual it's 90% parents that you don't want to talk to. If your kid is getting anything around or above a C, Is generally a well behaved kid, then I don't need to talk to you...
Hahaha

So much to look forward to once my boy starts school next year.

Lol this is exactly what I think too (as a parent). If my son is getting above C, and getting good comments, I don't need to bother the teachers. Mind you, it IS great to see things like maturity and great participation in their report as my 14 year old grunts and is moody at home lol.

Today I signed a contract with 3Dtotal.com to write a tutorial on how to colour comic pictures which will be published in a book.

I've done this before years ago -- > http://www.seanellery.com/tutorial/tutorial_cici.html (You can still get the book on Amazon!) which is probably why they asked me. Plus I've written before and have been published in a few magazines (Renderosity for instance - now a defunct mag unfortunately)

I get paid about $500 and get a copy of the book for a basic 1500 essay and some screenshots of me colouring a picture.

Yay me! :)

Today I signed a contract with 3Dtotal.com to write a tutorial on how to colour comic pictures which will be published in a book.

I've done this before years ago -- > http://www.seanellery.com/tutorial/tutorial_cici.html (You can still get the book on Amazon!) which is probably why they asked me. Plus I've written before and have been published in a few magazines (Renderosity for instance - now a defunct mag unfortunately)

I get paid about $500 and get a copy of the book for a basic 1500 essay and some screenshots of me colouring a picture.

Yay me! :)

Yes, Yay you! Good on ya, Sean

Today is going to be one of those days that I'm going to snack on anything and everything until they upload uni results.

Back