Skip to main content

2015 Today I...

@shaydee I love your story, and @Mr Stickyfingers your garden is beautiful...

HELP
I have a bird in my kitchen and a rottie going nuts.
I think I may have killed it???

They terrify me in enclosed spaces, so I put on a hat, armed with a broomstick and fly spray, the dog and I tried to point it in the direction of the door.
It got stuck in the curtain netting and crap in the sink. Window now open for it - but nothing is moving.
We are taking a break with it locked out in the kitchen.
Can birds die from fly spray? Shock???
Stupid thing, they keep trying to steal the dog food in the laundry, never in the kitchen before.

I accidently killed my free range Budgie, called Buddy years ago :( We had a bad cockroach problem back in Sydney and I sprayed the Kitchen all over, after a clean up. Buddy flew in there and landed on the sink, got the flyspray on his feet and died the next day. I still feel remorse :(

Reactions: kxk
I exceeded my own expectations of myself. I got some bad feedback yesterday, and I assumed I would wallow, but I didn't and I am proud of myself that I accepted the criticism, changed my behaviour and moved on. The old me would have fixated on my flaws for weeks, months or years, but I can now not let the demons get to me and became a better person.

YAY! Good on you. I used to be like that too and it's so great when you can just acknowledge it, learn from it, grow from it and move on. We are so hard on ourselves... it's very damaging. How can we learn if we don't do things wrong and learn from them? Good on you declan :D

...hey all... a couple of months ago... (the 10th of September to be precise lol!)... in the 'General O/T Chit Chat Thread' I posted some photos of my herb garden that I had redone from scratch if you remember... (I didn't post this in there because they are all in the middle of a massive conversation and I didn't want to interrupt the 'flow' in the conversation... hence the reason for me posting it here)...

...anyhow back to what I was prattling on about lol!... this is what the new herb garden looked like when I first did it and all of the herbs were just mere seedlings if you remember them from before...

View attachment 50706

View attachment 50707

View attachment 50715

...well... I said that I would post some images of it when it has grown so here are those images just over 2 months later... I have cut them back and dehydrated a few of them once since then to make my own herb mixes instead of buying them... now that they have grown back a tad bit stronger I thought that I'd take some photo's of them of how they look now... here they are...

View attachment 50710

View attachment 50711

View attachment 50713

View attachment 50714

...those chilli plants on the top layer to the left have just started producing heaps of flowers so there will be plenty of them to come... I am pretty stoked that it has taken off so well... it was a labour of love after having let the last herb garden in the same location go to ruin when I had that stroke of mine so yeah!... I need to cut some of them back over the next couple of days to dry them out in my dehydrator for making more herb powders and mixes... I can't wait... happy days!... lol!... cheers.

That's amazing! I'd love a herb/veggie garden like that. Well done MrS! Gold star for YOU!! :D Also, sorry to hear about your stroke & hope you've recovered from it... it looks like you have. Big smiles all round :)

YAY! Good on you. I used to be like that too and it's so great when you can just acknowledge it, learn from it, grow from it and move on. We are so hard on ourselves... it's very damaging. How can we learn if we don't do things wrong and learn from them? Good on you declan :D

I often have trouble with criticism, even if it is criticism from myself.

I often have trouble with criticism, even if it is criticism from myself.

We can be our own worst enemy. No-one can really hurt me as much as I can. It's ridiculous when you think about it. Why do we do that to ourselves?

It's so bizarre that we use criticism or failing etc as bad things. It just means we know not to do things that way.. it's learning. You never ever stop learning. I think if you did stop learning, then THAT is the negative thing. Learning is good. We humans are strange creatures at times.

We can be our own worst enemy. No-one can really hurt me as much as I can. It's ridiculous when you think about it. Why do we do that to ourselves?

It's so bizarre that we use criticism or failing etc as bad things. It just means we know not to do things that way.. it's learning. You never ever stop learning. I think if you did stop learning, then THAT is the negative thing. Learning is good. We humans are strange creatures at times.

That is so true about the learning part. I mean I learn something new every day from either myself or other people. I think I only feel like a failure when I compare myself to people who I see some similarities with. But then I remind myself that everyone is different.

I feel, or at least for me, that self criticism can form as a sort of protective thing for stuff i may be anxious of. By being self critical of myself i can justify my fears.

Just don't self-sabotage @reepbot , there is a fine line between being overly critical of yourself and sabotaging, I did that for years and didn't even know I was doing it to protect my elder siblings feelings.

Anyway, thanks you reminded me to enrol for some stuff next year, I get a bit sad when I don't take some kind of study up.
Education is a passport, to everything - and no surprise arseholes try to keep it from females.

Bird saga continued:)
Aww @hooleydooley that is sad you accidently executed you bird, although I don't love the critters.

Lucky for the bird we only use enviro spray, not very effective sometimes but not toxic either.
I think it got caught in the curtain more, and when we came back after prising the close-by window open it flew off.
Dog loved it, best fun he has had for ages.

Today I started my first day of work... Ever! :D :) :confused: :( :cry: :confused: :) :D

I can say that today as put me through a mixed range of emotions and experiences, and my legs have never felt so damn sore!

Anyway, it's not my dream TV producer job, not until I finish my degree anyway. But it is something interesting and skill-building.

What I'm fearing the most is harassing my manager. We seem to get along well, actually he said as soon as he saw that I applied that I was accepted just from past interactions he had experienced with me as a customer (I was the customer).

Does anybody have any further advice? :)

Today I started my first day of work... Ever! :D :) :confused: :( :cry: :confused: :) :D

I can say that today as put me through a mixed range of emotions and experiences, and my legs have never felt so damn sore!

Anyway, it's not my dream TV producer job, not until I finish my degree anyway. But it is something interesting and skill-building.

What I'm fearing the most is harassing my manager. We seem to get along well, actually he said as soon as he saw that I applied that I was accepted just from past interactions he had experienced with me as a customer (I was the customer).

Ask questions! Employers expect that - they know you don't know everything! There are no stupid questions when you are first starting, so ask all the questions you need from the get go. Questions when you are months down the track that you should have known the answer to months ago are annoying.

Congratulations on entering the workforce, only 50 more years of it and you can retire!!

My advice:- Listen! Listen! And more listening.

While questions are great, like D said, employers do become irritated when you ask questions that have already been answered.

We have an educational inservice most days, and we have a worker who is so engrossed in formulating her questions for question time, that she misses the fact they were all answered during the educational inservice, because she wasn't listening.

Today I am trying with all my self control not to order those Star Shower lights off the telly.

NOOOOOOO but I want them sooooo bad.

Today I managed to quit my gym membership. I'm actually really proud of myself. They put so much pressure on me and started tag-teaming me with 6 attractive PTs but I held my ground.

Back