Skip to main content

2015 Today I...

Today I managed to quit my gym membership. I'm actually really proud of myself. They put so much pressure on me and started tag-teaming me with 6 attractive PTs but I held my ground.

Good for you. I found it hard to quit my gym, but they do pressure you and it is stressful. Almost every time I went I was approached by a PT, and ended up agreeing to individual 50 minute sessions which set me back $50 a time. Quitting that was hard, and I eventually stopped going while still paying my membership. When I finally went in to quit they tried to talk me round, but I did it, and since then I've worked out at home which suits me better. Nothing against gyms or PTs, but it's not for everyone.

Good for you. I found it hard to quit my gym, but they do pressure you and it is stressful. Almost every time I went I was approached by a PT, and ended up agreeing to individual 50 minute sessions which set me back $50 a time. Quitting that was hard, and I eventually stopped going while still paying my membership. When I finally went in to quit they tried to talk me round, but I did it, and since then I've worked out at home which suits me better. Nothing against gyms or PTs, but it's not for everyone.

I'm happy they didn't talk me into the PT sessions because I think that'd make it even more difficult. I'd been putting off quitting knowing what they're like. I just wasn't getting value out of it. I'd probably been maybe 10 times in the past year. I'm on my feet pretty much all day which gives me more than enough exercise.

If the trainer is hot looking, it's for me ;) :p

Hi @bleachy_dude , :)

Yep that's the one. I started last Tuesday to go through until the end of January but my manager says that he likes me so he wants me stay-on after that period. I'm note sure what I want to do yet though because I am back at uni in mid-February.

...Today I... have to tell you... a few nights ago I wrote a poem of love for my sweet darling beloved wife that I love cherish and adore... she read it and it made her cry... I asked her why she cried and she said "because you wrote it down"... I had a 'huh?' moment and then realised what she meant by it... (or at least I think that I do?)... I figured that by writing down the words that it's a permanent record of what I say to her everyday in some form or another possibly?... I don't know really... it must be one of those 'women are from Venus and men are from Mars' type of moments I guess?... lol!... we're always kissing and are always saying... "I love you"... to each other at least a thousand times a day... (oh okay... maybe not quite that many times;))... so she's used to me saying things like that all the time so I'm figuring that because it's written down in poetry form then she can read it all the time anytime she feels like it?... am I right?... (please enlighten me ladies if that's not it... lol!)...

...it was the first love poem that I've written for her for about 36 years or so... I wrote one for her a couple of years after we first got together 38 years ago... maybe that's why she cried because it took me so long to write another one?... lol!... she asked me to print out another copy for her as she always does when I print out anything for her... (I already had because I know her so well lol!)... she took it to Bingo to show all of her girfriends!!!!!... :wideyed::confused::jawdrop::egg::shy::redface:... how embarrassing... when they saw me they told me... "how beautiful it was and how romantic it was"... apparently about 10 of her friends saw it and one actually ended up crying her eyes out over it... (apparently she had lost her husband about a year ago)... I'm not sure where to put my face when I meet them now lol!... when I wrote it for her I never thought for a second that she would ever show it to anyone else so I'm guessing that she's proud of it... anyhow... I just thought that I would share a lovely moment that happened between the both of us when she first read it that's all... cheers.

Hi @bleachy_dude , :)

Yep that's the one. I started last Tuesday to go through until the end of January but my manager says that he likes me so he wants me stay-on after that period. I'm note sure what I want to do yet though because I am back at uni in mid-February.
Ah nice. Hope it goes well for you.
I'm wondering how much longer DS will actually be around for tho.

...Today I... have to tell you... a few nights ago I wrote a poem of love for my sweet darling beloved wife that I love cherish and adore... she read it and it made her cry... I asked her why she cried and she said "because you wrote it down"... I had a 'huh?' moment and then realised what she meant by it... (or at least I think that I do?)... I figured that by writing down the words that it's a permanent record of what I say to her everyday in some form or another possibly?... I don't know really... it must be one of those 'women are from Venus and men are from Mars' type of moments I guess?... lol!... we're always kissing and are always saying... "I love you"... to each other at least a thousand times a day... (oh okay... maybe not quite that many times;))... so she's used to me saying things like that all the time so I'm figuring that because it's written down in poetry form then she can read it all the time anytime she feels like it?... am I right?... (please enlighten me ladies if that's not it... lol!)...

...it was the first love poem that I've written for her for about 36 years or so... I wrote one for her a couple of years after we first got together 38 years ago... maybe that's why she cried because it took me so long to write another one?... lol!... she asked me to print out another copy for her as she always does when I print out anything for her... (I already had because I know her so well lol!)... she took it to Bingo to show all of her girfriends!!!!!... :wideyed::confused::jawdrop::egg::shy::redface:... how embarrassing... when they saw me they told me... "how beautiful it was and how romantic it was"... apparently about 10 of her friends saw it and one actually ended up crying her eyes out over it... (apparently she had lost her husband about a year ago)... I'm not sure where to put my face when I meet them now lol!... when I wrote it for her I never thought for a second that she would ever show it to anyone else so I'm guessing that she's proud of it... anyhow... I just thought that I would share a lovely moment that happened between the both of us when she first read it that's all... cheers.

Awwww that is so sweet. You really are a lovely, lovely man :)

Awwww that is so sweet. You really are a lovely, lovely man :)

...thanks shaydee... that's nice of you to say so... my sweet beloved wife is saying the same thing about me too since I wrote it... I have to ask myself... why did I wait so long to write it?... I am so in her 'good books'... I should've done it a long time ago... she says that there are so many lovely parts to it that she knew that I thought about her but to see those thoughts written down... that's different!... I'm still kinda wondering as to why that makes such a difference being that I say those types of things to her every day... as I said... it's a case of 'women are from Venus... men are from Mars' I guess?... lol!... cheers

...thanks shaydee... that's nice of you to say so... my sweet beloved wife is saying the same thing about me too since I wrote it... I have to ask myself... why did I wait so long to write it?... I am so in her 'good books'... I should've done it a long time ago... she says that there are so many lovely parts to it that she knew that I thought about her but to see those thoughts written down... that's different!... I'm still kinda wondering as to why that makes such a difference being that I say those types of things to her every day... as I said... it's a case of 'women are from Venus... men are from Mars' I guess?... lol!... cheers

It's probably just the fact you took the time to think about doing something nice for her. Often the mere fact someone thought about you is enough. Gold star for you :)

Good to see.

...thanks reepbot... are you a romantic person too when it comes to things like that?... just curious...

It's probably just the fact you took the time to think about doing something nice for her. Often the mere fact someone thought about you is enough. Gold star for you :)

...wow!... a gold star!... woohoo!... that's my first ever methinks lol!... thanks shaydee... writing that love poem just keeps on giving!... although I'm squirming a tad bit at times because of it... my darling beloved wife told a female friend of ours that I used to work with about it on the weekend and wants her to read it the next time that she comes over to visit and also her daughters are going to read it when we all gather for Xmas so I know that I'm in for a bit of a shit-stir from their husbands... I may as well have just published it on the Internet and be done with it lol!... :rolleyes::biggrin:... I really don't care about them all shit-stirring me about it... I felt good when writing it and my sweet darling wife so loves it and that's all that matters in the end doesn't it?... lol!...

You are such a sweetheart @Mr Stickyfingers, but of course we already knew that.

...thanks jessy_girl... that's so kind of you...:redface: :shy::)... cheers.

Aww, @Mr Stickyfingers, romantic, arty/creative, and a DW addict, maybe you are perfect:)

The written word is powerful, love letters and poems especially.
Shakespeare's Sonnets are my favourites.

Today I scored well, half price big fat whole ham, and half price flashy fibre optic tree - that is awesome, no need for tangled lights.

Aww, @Mr Stickyfingers, romantic, arty/creative, and a DW addict, maybe you are perfect:)

The written word is powerful, love letters and poems especially.
Shakespeare's Sonnets are my favourites.

Today I scored well, half price big fat whole ham, and half price flashy fibre optic tree - that is awesome, no need for tangled lights.

...thanks for that kxk... you are right... the written word is powerful when it comes to love letters and poems... (much to my delight from having written it)... the rewards are still coming lol!... and by the way... I am not perfect by all means but I am working on it... let's call it a 'work in progress' perhaps ;):)... and boy!... didn't you do good today with those bargains!... well done!... cheers.

Today I start an overhaul on the house. I dread this part every year before we go on our holiday. But it's reassuring to know the house is perfectly clean when I come back from the holiday and if for any reason someone goes through our house, everything is in order. Waiting for the second coffee to hit now

Back