Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Today I am going out with hubby,last night we heard that my gran who has been in hospital for 3 weeks has secondary cancer

@derspatz , glad to hear everything is going so well for you. I am still a BB tragic and am watching every moment. And no, you've not really missed anything. Oh - for the good old days.

Today I am playing Destiny. I skimmed some previous posts that there were some others playing in here..... Anyone playing on Xbox One? What level are you all up to?

tonight i ..." kinda enjoyed watching about 5 episodes of "utopia" on iView while grinding through strikes and bounties in Destiny in order to inch my warlock character closer to the level 26 that is the minimum for even beginning to hope to get anywhere useful in the first raid.

re: utopia, see: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/utopia/

I can't see too many left-ards in various govvy departments (particularly Federal) currently supported by Real taxpayers, nor snake oil selling greenazis forever chasing charity dollars and public funding enjoying it.

Well done Rob Sitch !

Oh, I said "kinda" because, unfortunately, so much of what the series portrays (particularly in relation to religious nutter greenazi environmental groups) is sadly all too true.

It "kinda" make me wonder how anything worthwhile manages to get done ... or if anything worthwhile actually IS getting done.

... other than the TV series "utopia", that is. :)

"today i ... was pleased to discover that jb hifi have a policy of replacing mobile phones they sell on the spot if a problem develops with them within 30 days of initial purchase. I was also impressed as to how quickly and easily the backup of my failed android cloned itself to its replacement.

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
tonight i ..." kinda enjoyed watching about 5 episodes of "utopia" on iView while grinding through strikes and bounties in Destiny in order to inch my warlock character closer to the level 26 that is the minimum for even beginning to hope to get anywhere useful in the first raid.

I'm playing Destiny as a Warlock too! :) I'm currently level 25 also. /high5

^ w00t, my first www.bungie.net / derspatz / destiny stalker. :D

bungie.jpg

... cept, as u can c, I'm not at 25 yet. Nearly at 24 but just grinding through strikes and bounties in order to build up the secondary abilities. Easier to collect EXP by doing bounties and strikes as main ability and then swap to secondary just before cashing in bounties (cheers numba1son 4 putting me on to that little trick).

Anyhoo, if you've not already done it SR but do have a smart phone, get thee the Destiny Companion app ... tis pretty quick and froody.

regarDS

^ w00t, my first www.bungie.net / derspatz / destiny stalker. :D

... cept, as u can c, I'm not at 25 yet. Nearly at 24 but just grinding through strikes and bounties in order to build up the secondary abilities. Easier to collect EXP by doing bounties and strikes as main ability and then swap to secondary just before cashing in bounties (cheers numba1son 4 putting me on to that little trick).

Anyhoo, if you've not already done it SR but do have a smart phone, get thee the Destiny Companion app ... tis pretty quick and froody.

regarDS

Haha, nice! :) Yeah, we've been doing lots of bounties and strikes also. My boyfriend just got a yellow bounty (that gives him a mystic weapon) which includes doing 25 strikes (among other things), so we've been hitting them hard.

I just got myself enough Strange Coins ready for the guy that sells exotic armour on the weekends. yay! Can't wait to see what he has for warlocks.

It only dawned on me today that I needed to swap my subclass over when handing in bounties since my main class has all abilities now. Haha, I was so angry with myself when I realised. But oh well, at least I DID realise. :)

Thanks for the app info, I didn't know there was an app. Just downloaded and looks pretty awesome.

We've been having a lot of issues with the Destiny servers. Keeps kicking us from fireteams. Particularly in the Crucible, which is really frustrating when you play almost a full game and get dropped... then you miss out on any sweet rewards. URGH.

Here's my gorgeous warlock, hehe, she's so kawaii (wish you could see without the helmet on).

warlock.jpg

Big hugs Lindsay, so sorry to hear about your nan x
thanks so much el'coopo she has gone home yesterday,well actually to my aunts house as she cannot go home on her own,she will be getting home oxygen and it's just a matter now of making her comfortable.She could live for months or even years it depends on how strong her will to live is..right now I think she is going to fight but she wont be getting any radiation or chemo because she is too frail

Today I finished my 9th day straight at work, got called a tranny slut and got kicked. Plus side got good feedback and will be acting up a position for a few more weeks than expected and at full time hours which means more money. Also my cat just farted on me. Win win???

Reactions: kxk
Today I ... thought I would pop in here to say hello after a long hiatus. Hello ~waves:wacky:[DOUBLEPOST=1411102270][/
edit: And already I am having problems posting :arghh:

Hi Taylia, great to see you back, how are you? Cheers x

I'm having problems posting too!

Hi @Taylia how are you? Terrific to see you here again.
Hi and thanks Daltim. I'm really good Have definitely missed some of my friends on here and the anonymity when needing to vent about family that you don't get on fb haha

How have things been with you?

Haha, nice! :) Yeah, we've been doing lots of bounties and strikes also. My boyfriend just got a yellow bounty (that gives him a mystic weapon) which includes doing 25 strikes (among other things), so we've been hitting them hard.

Ah, so that's the significance of the ever increasing blue circle thingo in strikes ... ghods, mine is yet to reach the half way mark yet. sigh.

A bit miffed at some of the legendary engram drops. Have scored a bunch of them but the only one to actually decode as a legendary armour was for a titan class.

oh well, one for the vault just in case I ever choose to build up a tank class ... though can't see myself doing that coz numba1son already has that class covered.

It only dawned on me today that I needed to swap my subclass over when handing in bounties since my main class has all abilities now. Haha, I was so angry with myself when I realised. But oh well, at least I DID realise. :)

I was too busy doing things the hard way to notice. numba1son is a far more serious gamer (WoW mostly) and well used to grinding through to upgrades and looking for the most efficient way of getting them, so he was the one who did the study including skimming through reddit forums, etc, and then clued me in on it.

Normally I'd be browsing through youtube looking at how other people have done things but I'm having enough fun working it out for myself at the moment. Having not played WoW before, the whole "team up, help each other out, take down the boss" thang is quite new and exciting for me ... and I'm really enjoying the "sit down and gaze at your navel" button coz that's exactly how I feel at the end of a 3 person strike against that awful "oh no, it got out of its chains" creature or that shielded hydra thingo.

Yes, we've been doing the odd "Leeroy Jenkins" thang ... though we usually let each other know before hand and each know the reason is to do a super charged attack that is also likely to see us needing to be rezzed.

Sucks that there is no in game chat at the moment. numba1son and I can co-ordinate coz we keep a skype session going which also means we can provide a count down to each other as to when we're going to respawn or if it is worth risking a rez, etc. Pretty qool that most folk who are over level 20 know to try and either rez others as a priority or just stay out of trouble for half a minute anyway.

We've been having a lot of issues with the Destiny servers. Keeps kicking us from fireteams. Particularly in the Crucible, which is really frustrating when you play almost a full game and get dropped... then you miss out on any sweet rewards. URGH.

Oooer. We've not been dropped mid game. Our issue has been to link up in the first place. Multiple invites sent, Destiny or xbox live reporting that the other party is offline when they are not, xbox party linking but then Destiny not acknowledging it. Have discovered that iView can't be running at the same time. Might have to set up a vlan so LSCP can still have her iView while I'm gaming. sigh.

Anyhoo, numba1son and I are still nowhere near ready for the first raid so I reckon we'll just watch highlights of it on youtube.

[ADIT]

lol ... a Leeroy Jenkin's moment in Destiny ...

regarDS

Last edited:
Ah, so that's the significance of the ever increasing blue circle thingo in strikes ... ghods, mine is yet to reach the half way mark yet. sigh.

My boyfriend received the yellow bounty from the postmaster guy. And it's just a really long bounty with a mystic weapon as the reward. So part of the bounty included doing 25 strikes, 1000 points in crucible and a few other things that I can't remember. He got the mystic Pulse Rifle and he apparently hates it. HAHA

I'm pretty sure the increasing circle thing around Vanguard and Crucible is showing how much left you have until your next level ranking. I'm wearing a Dead Orbit band so my points are going towards ranking my Dead Orbit enough to buy a legendary weapon with my Crucible marks. Either an Auto Rifle or a Shotgun, haven't decided yet.

A bit miffed at some of the legendary engram drops. Have scored a bunch of them but the only one to actually decode as a legendary armour was for a titan class.

Yes, I don't have much luck with the legendary engram drops either. I think I've only ever gotten one legendary item from one - boots I think. But I did get a legendary weapon form a rare engram. So that was pretty sweet. I got enough Strange Coins to buy an exotic piece from Xur - the warlock "sunbreakers" gauntlets. They're awesome! And I also had enough Motes Of Light to buy the exotic engram from him - which turned out to be chest armour for a Hunter. But my boyfriend also bought it form him and ended up with the chest armour for Warlock (he's a Hunter). He's fairly sure they will be adding in trading soon, so hopefully they do and we can swap. I also bought a legendary helmet recently with my Vanguard Marks, so I'm level 27 now. YAY! :) And I've upgraded all my armour except for their last stack of 3 upgrades, because they require like 6 or 8 Ascendent Shards EACH upgrade. so... like I think I need 78 total to do all the upgrades and I only have 3!!! Ridiculous.

I was too busy doing things the hard way to notice. numba1son is a far more serious gamer (WoW mostly) and well used to grinding through to upgrades and looking for the most efficient way of getting them, so he was the one who did the study including skimming through reddit forums, etc, and then clued me in on it.

Normally I'd be browsing through youtube looking at how other people have done things but I'm having enough fun working it out for myself at the moment. Having not played WoW before, the whole "team up, help each other out, take down the boss" thang is quite new and exciting for me ... and I'm really enjoying the "sit down and gaze at your navel" button coz that's exactly how I feel at the end of a 3 person strike against that awful "oh no, it got out of its chains" creature or that shielded hydra thingo.

I've never played WoW before either. I'm just an xbox girl. Typically play things like: Halo, Gears of War, Red Faction, FarCry3, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space 3, Fable... etc. So I'm really loving this style of game. I did play Borderlands 2 actually, so I guess it's a mix of Borderlands and Halo. I had noticed that gear and classes generally had upgrades after handing in bounties, and so I put two and two together and realised I should have been swapping over to my other subclass before handing them in after I'd already finished gaining abilities in the main one.

Yes, we've been doing the odd "Leeroy Jenkins" thang ... though we usually let each other know before hand and each know the reason is to do a super charged attack that is also likely to see us needing to be rezzed.

Sucks that there is no in game chat at the moment. numba1son and I can co-ordinate coz we keep a skype session going which also means we can provide a count down to each other as to when we're going to respawn or if it is worth risking a rez, etc. Pretty qool that most folk who are over level 20 know to try and either rez others as a priority or just stay out of trouble for half a minute anyway.

We just start an xbox live party chat and speak there. It's particularly handy when doing Control or Skirmish - so we can communicate and work together.

Oooer. We've not been dropped mid game. Our issue has been to link up in the first place. Multiple invites sent, Destiny or xbox live reporting that the other party is offline when they are not, xbox party linking but then Destiny not acknowledging it. Have discovered that iView can't be running at the same time. Might have to set up a vlan so LSCP can still have her iView while I'm gaming. sigh.

Oh, it's been just awful. I played one of my best Control matches today - was top of the rankings on my team and then dropped out and ended the match with zeros across the board. URGH. I really hope they fix the issues soon.

Hahaha, that Leeroy Jenkins was hilarious!

Back