Skip to main content

2014 Ratings Thread

The 2014 launch of Big Brother was a dominant timeslot winner last night across People 25-54, 18-49, 16-39 and Total People and secured a massive peak Total People audience of 1.859 million with an average of 1.067 million viewers across the 5 City Metro.

Big Brother was also the second most watched program of the night overall with People 25-54, 18-49 and 16-39 across the 5 City Metro.

The National (5 City Metro and Regional) audience for Big Brother saw the peak climb to 2.447 million and the average to 1.463 million viewers.

Twelve Housemates were introduced to the nation last night as host Sonia Kruger sent them in to the House two-by-two. In their first dilemma as Heads of House Priya and Katie chose to exclude Jason and Dion from the welcome party celebrations, sending them in to the backyard fish bowl for the night while the others enjoyed champagne and canapés.

Tune in tonight to meet four more Housemates. Will Priya and Katie deprive the House from food for a week in order to pocket the $20,000 cash from the winner's prize pool?

Big Brother airs Monday to Friday at 8:40pm and Sundays at 9:00pm.

Cos I assume lots of families go to bed around then, or watch a movie so people would record it to watch it later.[DOUBLEPOST=1410238583][/DOUBLEPOST]
No that doesnt get added on until a week later.
Oh so there could be a lot more ratings?

Reactions: Tee
People are annoying me saying "oh no, this is the last year ever because of those numbers!". Seriously.
Reasons why the rating were good:
1. Latter time slot (8.40-10.15) with an average of 1 million! Not many (if at all) shows can manage that in late night.
2. Demos were great, more monies
3. Number one show in its time slot BY FAR!
4. If some smart peoples looked at average numbers for tthat time slot, money made, competition ect, big brother what be considered (and is) a top show.

Nine are happy, and at the end of the day that's all that matters

Reactions: Tee
I think Nine have worked out BB's cult audience is extremely loyal and dedicated and will watch until the show has been driven straight into the ground. Not to mention the tweenies that loove to tweet and FB and talk about the show at school the next day. It may not get spectacular ratings all the time but it will ALWAYS rate reasonably well. They've got their prime time show (The block) doing them VERY proud, and they've put the show with the dedicated audience on till 10 to keep them on top. It's smart, it will work and BB will be back next year. I'm calling THAT! (If it's allowed?) ;)

I think Nine have worked out BB's cult audience is extremely loyal and dedicated and will watch until the show has been driven straight into the ground. Not to mention the tweenies that loove to tweet and FB and talk about the show at school the next day. It may not get spectacular ratings all the time but it will ALWAYS rate reasonably well. They've got their prime time show (The block) doing them VERY proud, and they've put the show with the dedicated audience on till 10 to keep them on top. It's smart, it will work and BB will be back next year. I'm calling THAT! (If it's allowed?) ;)
agree with you completely. One of the only shows which is able to do this!

I would be interested to see time slot breakdowns across 8:40-10:20. The average figure of over a million for a show starting at 8:40 is certainly very good, no question. But now having seen that the show peaked at 1.85 million, does make me wonder about the drop off and what the numbers were towards the end. Tonight will be very interesting!

Dreadfull ratings. Sooner then later the bb will be less excitement.
And all the statistics are not realistic.

The bb house does not look like a proper house.
The housemates looks more like actors and fakeness.
The too much editing and the too much cuts between areas of the gala last night.

What else do you all expect ? plunge down the river i go with my caravan.

The too much editing and the too much cuts between areas of the gala last night.

You're wrong. Absolutely smashed the ratings for a post 8:30pm show. Hardly anything rates that high at that time, in fact almost nothing these days.

Ridiculous post John. Unless your definition of dreadful ratings is a show thumping the opposition in it's time slot and coming in number 2 for the night in all key demos.

Fuck off already.

You have no idea what you are talking about, FYI my best friend is in that house, she can't act for her life!

I will let you all know my ratings by the end of the friday night or saturday morning as my small tv and the plasma has broken into on and off constantly. So i cant watch tv very well. Its almost like watching highlights and the tv goes off and then back on every 3 to 5 minutes. Not sure whats wrong with the tv. But never the less... of course ratings will slow down by about next week or so. And maybe jumps high there after. But im very suprise there was ONLY 18,000 australians wanna be a big brother house mates... Only just 18.000 ? considering some other countries makes it double then that. I wonder how many people have view the show all this week. Give us some info by friday or saturday to find out.

As a TV ratings nutter, Nine will be happy with those figures. As long as they stay above 750k the series will be a success for an 8:40 timeslot.

Back