Skip to main content

2014 Ratings Thread

2nd in all the demos, even thought X-factor beat it in total people.....

Not too bad an extra 160,000 people watched than I predicted.

@Consuela - you know how you put together that website for the speccy awards last year..?

Any way to have something where we put in the data (total people, rank, demo results and then consolidated increase) and it automagically displays it all pretty for us?

Not bad figures for launch night.

@bleachy_dude you bet me to posting the figures, but I'll forgive you this time ;). I can try to make a graph, but I havn't done so in years.

@Consuela - you know how you put together that website for the speccy awards last year..?

Any way to have something where we put in the data (total people, rank, demo results and then consolidated increase) and it automagically displays it all pretty for us?

I could possible whip something up tonight?

I'd really like to see a comparison of the last two years compared to this year, like @tw2g did last year.

I'm looking to see if there is/will be a difference without live feed updates (although drawing a direct comparison purely on that basis is difficult at best).

Actually I was just thinking, going by the ratings and @Tim saying traffic was up during launch on previous years, the time slot could actually be a really good thing, at least I hope so, I had some real issues with most aspects of the show last night, and Im still not convinced on MOST of the housemate choices, but I'd hate to see BB go off the air again, I'd like it to do well, but 9 think its not viable, 10 snap it up again seeing they can still pull in ratings, win for all

didn't realise people actually looked at my graphs last year hahaha

ill see if I've got any of the files left and looks like my workload is gonna be lifted too, so might have the time this year after all *fingers crossed*

didn't realise people actually looked at my graphs last year hahaha

ill see if I've got any of the files left and looks like my workload is gonna be lifted too, so might have the time this year after all *fingers crossed*
I LOVED your graphs.

But if @Consuela can work his magic and whip something up a little automatically that could mean you don't have to worry.

I'm not making any calls on ratings until we see another few shows.

Launch always rates highest and they really viciously scooped up the Block audience.

Big Brother 2014 debuts with 1.067m audience, down on last year in later timeslot

The 2014 return of Nine’s reality show Big Brother drew an audience of 1.067m, down from 1.309m last year despite a strong lead in from The Block, as the network promised viewers that this season would be “stormier” than the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
This year’s launch came six weeks later than last year’s show, and was also in a later timeslot of 8.40pm to build from the audience of 1.556m for reality renovation show The Block. The two shows helped Nine win the night with an 26.2 per cent audience share on its main channel.
http://mumbrella.com.au/big-brother-debuts-1067m-audience-250196

Smaller brother: Big Brother beaten by The Block and X Factor on launch night
By AdNews | 9 September 2014

bigbro_A83810D0-A437-11E3-86ED005056A302E6.jpg

Appetite for Big Brother seems to be getting smaller.

Launch episodes for Big Brother hovered around the 1.5m mark until 2012 . Last year that figure dropped to 1.3m and the same pattern has emerged this year. Last night 1.067m viewers tuned in to the hour-long show which debuted on Channel Nine just after 8.30pm, according to preliminary overnight numbers for the metro areas from OzTam.
This figure marks a year-on-year decrease of 18.5% and 6.2% down in 25 to 54s with an audience of 660,000. More people in Adelaide and Perth tuned into Home and Away on Channel Seven last night (Adelaide - 113,000 vs 101,000 /Perth – 148,000 vs 89,000).

http://www.adnews.com.au/news/small...ten-by-the-block-and-x-factor-on-launch-night

Back