Skip to main content

2014 Photoshop Thread

...there's a fair bit of work done on that image up-all-night... quite a few layers from what I can see... well done!... you haven't lost your touch my friend!... cheers.

Thank you!

See I look at it as still being very rough. However I long ago came to the conclusion I have to just aim for good enough for these, otherwise I would spend hours making them perfect for little to no benefit. Unless someone wanted to pay me to do them. I do actually have a qualification in this stuff. Although I just do it for a hobby and the odd free lance job these days.

The time difference between doing this rough and to the level I could is immense. The biggest thing is I know the tools, I know the principles so can bang them out quickly. This wasn't complicated. Took a screen cap. Cloned out tim, made it not look totally shit. Meant some cloning and painting of the wall. Then just overlayed the 300 scene. I aligned it with the curve of the pool. In a better world with more time I would have re-done the pool to get it to fit. Re done a lot of the pit. However I was working with a low quality source to begin with.

The problem is a lot of this if you were doing it properly you'd do so much extra work. You'd create a texture of the tiles, align that with the shot and all sorts of stuff that isn't worth it.

Thank you!

See I look at it as still being very rough. However I long ago came to the conclusion I have to just aim for good enough for these, otherwise I would spend hours making them perfect for little to no benefit. Unless someone wanted to pay me to do them. I do actually have a qualification in this stuff. Although I just do it for a hobby and the odd free lance job these days.

The time difference between doing this rough and to the level I could is immense. The biggest thing is I know the tools, I know the principles so can bang them out quickly. This wasn't complicated. Took a screen cap. Cloned out tim, made it not look totally shit. Meant some cloning and painting of the wall. Then just overlayed the 300 scene. I aligned it with the curve of the pool. In a better world with more time I would have re-done the pool to get it to fit. Re done a lot of the pit. However I was working with a low quality source to begin with.

The problem is a lot of this if you were doing it properly you'd do so much extra work. You'd create a texture of the tiles, align that with the shot and all sorts of stuff that isn't worth it.

I am treating this thread as a learning exercise up_all_night and I use Gimp (mainly because it is a free program)
I have found it best not to spend too much time over one image so I usually spend about 10 - 15 minutes doing a specific image so I look forward to any advice/tips that may be forthcoming over the next couple of months :)

I am treating this thread as a learning exercise up_all_night and I use Gimp (mainly because it is a free program)
I have found it best not to spend too much time over one image so I usually spend about 10 - 15 minutes doing a specific image so I look forward to any advice/tips that may be forthcoming over the next couple of months :)

Best way to learn how to use these things is to just experiment. I learnt and figured out a lot of stuff well before I had the internet or the resources. Later on I did Multimedia at Uni and so properly learnt stuff. However most is still stuff I taught myself. Excuses such as threads like this are great for finding a reason to do stuff.

Now though, there's so many online tutorials. For some reason a few months ago I wanted to make Emily Ratajkowski a pale red head. I can't even remember why. Not really sure, a tiny bit of google and youtube I was able to find some answers and it took no time.

So use tutorials as much as you can. Once you know that basics you can do most things.

I use Photoshop though, but I am sure there's plenty of GIMP stuff available.

...Hey Thing!!!... how are you mate???... wow!... that 'the devil is Priya' post is so up-to-date!!!!... funny as!!!... lolol!... well done my friend!... welcome back!... cheers.

..hi justanotherpupil!... welcome to the forums and Photoshop thread!... I love your caricature of Skye... great work my friend!... I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work... cheers.

...Hey Thing!!!... how are you mate???... wow!... that 'the devil is Priya' post is so up-to-date!!!!... funny as!!!... lolol!... well done my friend!... welcome back!... cheers.
:) Hey Sticky ... some cool pics already haha, I luv this thread :joyful::laugh::smuggrin:

Back