Skip to main content

2014 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's great, is she going to do it? Did she get it a week before her audition day like they say they are going to do?

I know someone who was notified over a week before their scheduled audition, I have assumed that they mean that is the deadline for finding out, but I'm not sure.

It seems especially unlikely that only 30 people have been fast tracked considering that that is already 2 in this thread alone, 500 seems much more believable.

Haha @BB101 you are very cheeky nominating your mum, they seem pretty keen for oldies this year, you should totally force her to audition.

I know someone who was notified over a week before their scheduled audition, I have assumed that they mean that is the deadline for finding out, but I'm not sure.

It seems especially unlikely that only 30 people have been fast tracked considering that that is already 2 in this thread alone, 500 seems much more believable.

Haha @BB101 you are very cheeky nominating your mum, they seem pretty keen for oldies this year, you should totally force her to audition.
Yeah definitely more than 30, especially with the whole nominate a mate thing......
Wonder if they are waiting to send fast tracks to people in the later stages of auditions, like Canberra and Townsville....

Wow that's great, is she going to do it? Did she get it a week before her audition day like they say they are going to do?
No she's not, It didn't say much, All it said was if she made an application she would get fast tracked.

Haha I wouldn't call her an "oldie", shes only 35, yeah I tried and she just kept getting annoyed at me, I keep asking but she still wont. Still getting over how annoying that was.

I managed to guess my mums email password and here is what the emails (she got 2) said...

Dear Sir or Madam,

YOU HAVE BEEN NOMINATED! (in a good way!)

A friend/colleague/relative has nominated YOU as a potential Housemate for BIG BROTHER 2014!

They think you have what it takes to be a great housemate and we would LOVE to get to know you better.

Please go to https://bigbrother2014.castasugar.com to create an online application.

If you upload a video YOU WILL RECEIVE A FAST TRACK pass which means you will BE HANDED AN APPOINTMENT TIME TO MEET WITH MEMBERS OF THE BIG BROTHER TEAM – NO QUEUING UP, MINIMAL WAITING TIME AND straight into Round Two on the Housemate Hunt audition days.

We are keeping a special eye on everybody who has been nominated by a mate…we can’t wait to see your video!

Any questions or concerns let us know…otherwise get cracking on your application.

Good Luck!

The BB Team

Email 2:

Dear Sir or Madam,

YOU HAVE BEEN NOMINATED! (in a good way!)

A friend/colleague/relative has nominated YOU as a potential Housemate for BIG BROTHER 2014!

They think you have what it takes to be a great housemate and we would LOVE to get to know you better.

Please go to https://bigbrother2014.castasugar.com to create an online application.

If you upload a video YOU WILL GO STRAIGHT INTO THE RUNNING to receive a FAST TRACK pass which means you will BE HANDED AN APPOINTMENT TIME TO MEET WITH MEMBERS OF THE BIG BROTHER TEAM – NO QUEUING UP, MINIMAL WAITING TIME AND straight into Round Two on the Housemate Hunt audition days.

We are keeping a special eye on everybody who has been nominated by a mate…we can’t wait to see your video!

Any questions or concerns let us know…otherwise get cracking on your application.

Good Luck!

The BB Team

Haha I wouldn't call her an "oldie", shes only 35, yeah I tried and she just kept getting annoyed at me, I keep asking but she still wont. Still getting over how annoying that was.

Haha oops, yes sorry she is not an "oldie" hopefully I have not just offended every 35 year old. They are looking for people over 30 and have mentioned parents, so my point still remains. However it sounds like her mind is pretty made up.

So that means anyone who is nominated gets a fast track? Gotta be more than 30 taking that offer up.

So that means anyone who is nominated gets a fast track? Gotta be more than 30 taking that offer up.
Yeah, and what about those that aren't nominated that have just sent a vid in for themselves? Haven't heard of many of those people getting a fast track.......

Obviously more than 30. I'm a bit confused by the wording in those emails, one says you go into the running to get a fast track pass, which seems to be the case for anyone who uploads a video, and the other implies you are guaranteed one provided you submit the video, in which case why not just fast track them anyway. I don't really get how it works, but I guess I can be a bit slow.

Yeah, and what about those that aren't nominated that have just sent a vid in for themselves? Haven't heard of many of those people getting a fast track.......

I have heard of a few. I guess the thing is you can't broadcast this fact too heavily, maybe we'll hear of more after the auditions.

Obviously more than 30. I'm a bit confused by the wording in those emails, one says you go into the running to get a fast track pass, which seems to be the case for anyone who uploads a video, and the other implies you are guaranteed one provided you submit the video, in which case why not just fast track them anyway. I don't really get how it works, but I guess I can be a bit slow.

I have heard of a few. I guess the thing is you can't broadcast this fact too heavily, maybe we'll hear of more after the auditions.
Yeah you're right, I'm just curious as I know someone who put in a video the day that you could start applying but they are not auditioning til right at the end. Hasn't heard anything yet though, but it did say you would hear a week beforehand........
I still think if they like your video they would just give you a fast track straight away. What's the point in waiting til a week before you audition??

Yeah you're right, I'm just curious as I know someone who put in a video the day that you could start applying but they are not auditioning til right at the end. Hasn't heard anything yet though, but it did say you would hear a week beforehand........
I still think if they like your video they would just give you a fast track straight away. What's the point in waiting til a week before you audition??

I think that's the latest you can expect to hear. I know someone who got theirs well over a week before their audition, but I wouldn't read too much into. Good luck to your friend!

Yeah thanks, I have my fingers crossed for him, but I think if they liked it he probably would have a fast track by now.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/med...-year/story-fna045gd-1226876183022#mm-premium

The network is buoyant with The Voice about to return into the 7.30pm slot with new judges Kylie Minogue and will.i.am after The Block: Fans V Faves’s finale on Wednesday night. Another series of The Block has begun filming in Melbourne and national auditions for contestants for Big Brother, which will follow The Voice later in the year, began in Perth this week.

Big Brother executive producer Alex Mavroidakis said The Block’s improved ratings performance was “good for us”.

“Viewers are creatures of habit and if they’re locked in at a particular time, they might stay there,” he said. “We’re really grateful for our renovating pals.”

However, the success of Nine’s schedule and moving out of the 7pm half-hour slot had its downside, he noted.

“What Nine has done is identified how robust the format is,” he said. “Now we can run short, run long, and Nine’s decided on 90 minutes a night. It’s very hard for us but doable; we’re essentially looking for a movie a night.”

Big Brother has expanded its contestant search further than ever, with auditions being held beyond the capital cities in Newcastle, Albury/Wodonga, Launcetson, Townsville and Canberra “in an attempt to uncover gems”.

Hmm. He speaks as though it's going to be 90s minutes every weeknight, which I highly doubt.

Starting at 7:30 and running for 90mins pushes their 8:30 drama etc to 9pm. That will be surprising. It also runs it after the tradional 8:30 bed time for teens.

It will be interesting to see what they do.

Hmm. He speaks as though it's going to be 90s minutes every weeknight, which I highly doubt.
Yeah no way it will be 90 minutes on a Friday night. It was 90 minutes Monday to Thursday last year though wasn't it? So I don't see how this is such a big change.

That article states that Big Brother is going to follow the Voice later in the year which is a pretty broad statement and it could mean any time after the Voice finishes but if it does directly follow the Voice, then perhaps the Launch date could be the end of June this year? The Voice finished the 17th of June last year and I expect it will finish around the same time this year.

The ONLY way I see this working is if the actual daily show is 60 minutes followed by a BBBOTS style show afterwards... A 90 minute daily would add way too much padding and a drawn out storyline... If they honestly want more BB there are much better ways of going about it...

I've already suggested one way and adding a block of live feed later in the evening is a sure fire way to bring in ratings... Even if the feed is not 100% and like BBCAN is recorded from earlier in the day... With BBUS and AfterDark which airs from midnight until 2am it pretty much triples the ratings in that slot that Sho2 or TVGN would any other time of the year...

A spin-off BBBOTS style show following the daily would probably half the viewers of the daily but at very least keep fans tuned in to Nine for at least another half hour... A 90 minute daily to me won't last and will do nothing but lead to more schedule shuffling that annoyed fans last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back