Skip to main content

…Tv ads / promos / TV shows and movies that make ridiculous claims and insult your intelligence… (or are great)…

day 7… this morning on Channel 7’s Morning Show Larry Emdur says “after this break… Olivia’s last wish blah blah blah!”… REALLY?… a week after sweet Olivia dies and you’re STILL milking it Channel 7?… you fucking parasites… what a load of leeches… just as well that the beautiful lady is being cremated and not being buried… you disgusting low life turds would probably put a camera in it to give us a daily shot of her decomposing body as a daily feature of ‘our Olivia… the memory lives on’ or something just as gross… congratulations Channel 7… you are now the new Channel 9!… that’s how low you have sunk… cheers.

day 7… this morning on Channel 7’s Morning Show Larry Emdur says “after this break… Olivia’s last wish blah blah blah!”… REALLY?… a week after sweet Olivia dies and you’re STILL milking it Channel 7?… you fucking parasites… what a load of leeches… just as well that the beautiful lady is being cremated and not being buried… you disgusting low life turds would probably put a camera in it to give us a daily shot of her decomposing body as a daily feature of ‘our Olivia… the memory lives on’ or something just as gross… congratulations Channel 7… you are now the new Channel 9!… that’s how low you have sunk… cheers.
Yes I noticed that Ch 7 has shown Olivia movies every night since she passed and some twice ... You know that they do it just to make $$$ as they don't show the movies ad free 😡

I was saying earlier; Shane Warne over-shadowed Rod Marsh's death, and Olivia over-shadowed Judith Durham's death.

…that is just plain wrong… I wonder what the Marsh family or the Durham family members think of Channel 7?… I know that I would be totally pissed off!… cheers.

…yesterday on Channel 7’s Sunrise Show Koshie was interviewing the Transport Minister or whatever and the Union leader that was calling the train flash strike and Koshie told them to “put you’re ego’s aside and blah blah blah!”… and trying to be the ‘hero’ that averted the strike… Koshie telling them to put their ego’s aside is piss funny coming from a guy with a bigger ego than Karl Stiffynodick or ‘Barettes’ or Scott Cam rolled in together!… a man whose immense ego would not even fit into Dr Who’s Tardis because his ego is so bloody big… HIM telling people to put their ego’s aside… ha!… now I’ve heard everything!… cheers.

That stupid TIVA wall heater advert has been flogged to death again recently, I suppose since its winter again... But its amazing how they simply rehash the same old advert they've been using for years... and the problem with that is that the advert targets the running costs of their product verses a gas bottle outdoor heater claiming that their TIVA heater only costs 50c per hour to run...
Now this may have been so when the advert was first created 4 or 5 years ago, but we've experienced quite a lot of price increases for electricity and especially recently - yet they've never changed the amount of their claimed heaters usage costs... What cost 50c per hour years ago would now be probably close to 3 or 4 times as more... It's gone up 140% just this year...

(I was shocked (haha pun) when I was googling the name of this product to see its actual retail cost is around $800 - for a f***ing heater :oops:)

That stupid TIVA wall heater advert has been flogged to death again recently, I suppose since its winter again... But its amazing how they simply rehash the same old advert they've been using for years... and the problem with that is that the advert targets the running costs of their product verses a gas bottle outdoor heater claiming that their TIVA heater only costs 50c per hour to run...
Now this may have been so when the advert was first created 4 or 5 years ago, but we've experienced quite a lot of price increases for electricity and especially recently - yet they've never changed the amount of their claimed heaters usage costs... What cost 50c per hour years ago would now be probably close to 3 or 4 times as more... It's gone up 140% just this year...

(I was shocked (haha pun) when I was googling the name of this product to see its actual retail cost is around $800 - for a f***ing heater :oops:)
… my neighbour next door has the package of two heaters plus a ‘free stand’… I was thinking of buying them too… until I spoke to them about them… granted they are instantaneous heat and turn on and off when you go in and out of the room… a good idea indeed… I was ready to get them… then they told me the price they paid… yeah right!… fuck that idea!… it’s cheaper to buy warmer clothing… it’s a lot of money to pay for just a period of say… 3 months of the year…

…besides… in our old house we had a patio outside… we had a gas heater… it never got fired up once… nobody ever wanted to sit outside to eat in the middle of winter… what’s the point?… having an outside BBQ in summer was always great fun… watching moths and bugs getting zapped in the bug zapper… having mozzies trying to eat you alive and not being affected by mozzie coils or Citronella candles sitting all around you… how can you have it any better than that?… lol!… but in winter?… that only happens on TV shows and commercials… so why pay THAT much for outdoor heaters?… it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever for the average home… sidewalk cafes etc maybe?… but not for average homes methinks… cheers.

… my neighbour next door has the package of two heaters plus a ‘free stand’… I was thinking of buying them too… until I spoke to them about them… granted they are instantaneous heat and turn on and off when you go in and out of the room… a good idea indeed… I was ready to get them… then they told me the price they paid… yeah right!… fuck that idea!… it’s cheaper to buy warmer clothing… it’s a lot of money to pay for just a period of say… 3 months of the year…

…besides… in our old house we had a patio outside… we had a gas heater… it never got fired up once… nobody ever wanted to sit outside to eat in the middle of winter… what’s the point?… having an outside BBQ in summer was always great fun… watching moths and bugs getting zapped in the bug zapper… having mozzies trying to eat you alive and not being affected by mozzie coils or Citronella candles sitting all around you… how can you have it any better than that?… lol!… but in winter?… that only happens on TV shows and commercials… so why pay THAT much for outdoor heaters?… it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever for the average home… sidewalk cafes etc maybe?… but not for average homes methinks… cheers.
I hear ya... and in the stupid advert they have scenes where they brag about how it still works in the rain & snow ???? Like you said, who the fuck is gunna sit outside under a heater in the fucking rain???? ... It gets down to zero most nights where I live & I rarely go outside onto the veranda unless I want to see something like a a meteor shower & then, I only spend 10 mins max whilst all rugged up out there..
So like you, there is no way I'd opt to eat dinner out there unless it was summer...

& the cost :oops: you'd need to run the bloody things for about 5000 hours to make it slightly worthwhile... which at 1 hour per day is 13 years :roflmao:

…Channel 7 news is slowly becoming Americanised… their news reporting is slowly becoming less Australian In it’s reporting style… if I want to watch American style news I’ll watch CBS News… here is an example…

VALE movie star > insert name here <… today he apparently PASSED from an overdose of drugs in his hotel room… his family are happy to have CLOSURE on his PASSING blah blah blah!… ( on screen message appears again )… VALE movie star > insert name here <… 12/04/1992 - 21/08/2022…

…how it USED TO BE or should be reported in Australian and not in American…

…movie star > insert name here < has DIED today… he was found DEAD from an overdose of drugs in his hotel room… his family are GRIEVING his death blah blah blah!… ( on screen message appears again )… movie star > insert name here < 12/04/1992 - 21/08/2022… Rest In Peace…

…exactly WHY are you trying to be American with your news reporting Channel 7?… isn’t the Australian style of reporting sophisticated enough?… is the Australian style of reporting too ‘ocker’ for you?… don’t we have a ‘style’ of reporting or something?… please stop it… cheers.

…why is it that whenever you see ads for beds or pillows etc that while people are sleeping they are SMILING WHILE ASLEEP!… how ridiculous is that?… NOBODY smiles why they are asleep except The Joker from Batman… it’s so bloody stupid!… cheers.

…and don’t even get me started on those morons SMILING constantly on the treadmills or while doing push-ups on gym equipment the entire commercial… NOBODY does that either!… cheers.

Then there's those commercials like "Lite n easy" or whatever they are on the ads they make out like you get all this delicious fresh food that has been prepared somewhere by qualified 'chefs' delivered straight to your door for convenience. Well one of my mates many years ago signed up to this "Lite n easy" and well he told me you get a large box delivered to your door which has a whole weeks worth of meals inside with a list of what to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday.

Anyway my mate cancelled that order after the first week, he was like yeah I know why you friggen lose weight with these deals, it's because they starve you all day of food of course you will lose weight. He was telling me like for breakfast on a certain day all you get to eat is one slice of bread and a tiny little square of margarine that isn't even enough to spread on a single slice of bread! LOL! I remember my mate kept telling me man I am starving screw this "lite n easy" crap. He was going out and eating Mcdonald's or KFC or whatever else because he was always damn hungry...lol

Another one that makes me laugh is how on the news tonight you hear how nice supermarkets like "Woolworths" and "Coles" are by supposedly "lowering" the prices on so many everyday items....LOL! Yes what they don't tell you is they have been raising the prices all the time and now they come out with how nice they are lowering the prices on everyday items to help out all those battlers out there! Yeah right! I do the weekly shop and I pretty much know the prices off by heart on all the items I have been buying for years now from these major supermarkets. EVERYTHING has been going up and up for years on all their so called 'everyday' items.

Then you get those ads where they have 'freezed' the prices on everyday products. Umm really please enlighten me "Woolworths" and "Coles" on what exact products have a had this supposed "price freeze" as I do the weekly shop on all these everyday items and I have yet to see any of the prices of these "freeze" at all. I can tell you honestly that I have seen everything go up in price but nothing has freezed or been reduced. I mean seriously do they think shoppers are that stupid? People don't have memories or something? It's unbelievable the amount of bullshit that these major supermarkets make!

Cheers!

... all you get to eat is one slice of bread and a tiny little square of margarine that isn't even enough to spread on a single slice of bread! LOL! I
I was thinking the other day when I saw one of their ads that the woman who is eating a meal stabs a piece of pasta or something with her fork and eats it - I thought, wow, it looks to me like there is only 20 more stabs to go before that meal is finished.. The plate had a very light portion on it for a meal...
Another one that makes me laugh is how on the news tonight you hear how nice supermarkets like "Woolworths" and "Coles" are by supposedly "lowering" the prices on so many everyday items.......
Yes same, every month I go into town for the monthly shop & over the last 6 months I've thought, wow, all the prices keep increasing.. Long life milk used to be $1.10, then $1.20 and increased 10c every month I went in, it its now $1.60 ... bread is the same and now a 'cheapy' loaf is $1.60
Yet they spend million$ advertising on TV, social media etc how they are freezing the price of essentials ???? Isn't milk & bread considered one of the essentials?? & that's been increasing every month for 6 months..
I think it's got to the stage where they just blatanly lie straight to us & think, meh, if we get caught out on our lies, we'll just ignore it or give the usual company speil "The safety & well being of our customers is our number one concern & we uphold our blah, blah, blah...." Then they'd probably raise the prices 10c again :rolleyes: :confused:

…by the way Thing… I just love your “I don't discriminate, except towards those who don't do exactly what I think they should...“ motto lol!… cheers.

…by the way Thing… I just love your “I don't discriminate, except towards those who don't do exactly what I think they should...“ motto lol!… cheers.
It's sort of my twist on that Animal Farm life quote - "Every man is equal, although some are more equal than others".... :cool:

…oh my my… the Channel 7 Sunrise Show used to have the Cash Cow whereby each day that the cash wasn’t given away it accumulated an extra $10,000 each day until it went off… going over $100,000 was a regular event… but now?… a lousy $10,000 Coles Shopping voucher every Friday only… that’s right… only a lousy shopping voucher ONCE a week… they must have spent all their budget on securing the rights to the Olympic Gams and the Commonwealth Games lol!… and… a $10,000 voucher from Coles would only last you a couple of months with their prices of late… even with their much vaunted ‘specials’ and ‘markdowns’ lol!… cheers.

…on the Weekend Morning Show today they are still milking the Olivia Newton John death story… so sad… please Channel 7… leave her alone eh?… cheers.

Back