Skip to main content

…Tv ads / promos / TV shows and movies that make ridiculous claims and insult your intelligence… (or are great)…

That ad where a couple of smug blue things live inside a woman's "gut" controlling her, and the female one with glasses says things like "Wake up you beautiful thing!" and "She's a Zen hen". Ugh! Just die, smug blue things.
😅
I always remember ads about woman's toiletry pads when my stepson was about 14. I thought they'd put him off females for life. Disgusting ads!
Then bring on the ads with active smiling teenage girls cavorting around in shorts or short skirts with a heavy period all happy and carefree - yeah, as if!

Last edited:
…the latest promos for ‘The Living Room’ have the words… “thank GOSH it’s Friday”… it’s ridiculous… it’s always been “thank GOD it’s Friday”… is this political correctness gone too far?… it’s just so bloody stupid… stop being idiots Channel 10… cheers.
Oh my gosh!
I've never said gosh in my life before. Just thought I'd try it out, and nah, oh my God, it's not gunna happen!

…on the Sunrise news on Channel 7 this morning they showed a video of a drug shipment owned by drug smugglers floating in the Ocean and they had blurred out the image of the floating drugs… why the hell for?… it’s not as if they are showing the face of somebody that is responsible for the floating drugload that will compromise a court trial by exposing them beforehand… what?… is it to protect us viewers from a horrifying image of drugs wrapped in plastic bouncing around in water?… are we now that sensitive that we will be in therapy for a year or so because we saw that horrific image?… it’s pathetic!… and plain silly… cheers.

…on the Sunrise news on Channel 7 this morning they showed a video of a drug shipment owned by drug smugglers floating in the Ocean and they had blurred out the image of the floating drugs… why the hell for?… it’s not as if they are showing the face of somebody that is responsible for the floating drugload that will compromise a court trial by exposing them beforehand… what?… is it to protect us viewers from a horrifying image of drugs wrapped in plastic bouncing around in water?… are we now that sensitive that we will be in therapy for a year or so because we saw that horrific image?… it’s pathetic!… and plain silly… cheers.

Maybe there is something about their rating and timeslot?

Maybe the drugs had logos or corporate branding on them as part of a disguise?

…why is it that every time that Channel 7 do a report on Cyber crime (whereby criminals are stealing your passwords and details etc)… they always show a teenager in a dark room only lit up by the light radiating from the computer screen itself mysteriously tapping at a keyboard with a ’hoodie ’on… why?… do all cyber criminals wear hoodies to hide their faces?… to disguise themselves?… from who?… they are in their own bedrooms or whatever totally isolated from anybody to do their horrid deeds so why wear your hoodie to evade capture?… it’s ridiculous… “ooooh!… that looks so mysterious… he’s wearing a hoodie while he types… he must be up to something!… it might be cyber crime!”… don’t be so openly pathetic Channel 7… cheers.

…why is it that every time that Channel 7 do a report on Cyber crime (whereby criminals are stealing your passwords and details etc)… they always show a teenager in a dark room only lit up by the light radiating from the computer screen itself mysteriously tapping at a keyboard with a ’hoodie ’on… why?… do all cyber criminals wear hoodies to hide their faces?… to disguise themselves?… from who?… they are in their own bedrooms or whatever totally isolated from anybody to do their horrid deeds so why wear your hoodie to evade capture?… it’s ridiculous… “ooooh!… that looks so mysterious… he’s wearing a hoodie while he types… he must be up to something!… it might be cyber crime!”… don’t be so openly pathetic Channel 7… cheers.

1650771241659.jpeg

It would be a result of this image being decided by someone at some time. Then whenever they do these stories, they are lazy and would just search "cybercrime" in stock footage / image services and it is the first thing to come up. Fits the cliche, so boom! Done.

It also would avoid suggesting people of any specific background or country and doing it.

Yeah, and I'd still drop the R in that.
Did any of you watch that doco about "is swearing necessary in life?" It was brilliant, and proved, yes.
The people who had their hands in ice cold water who could only say basic "clean" words had to pull out way quicker than those who could yell out obscenities.
And that's it in a shortened nutshell. It was a great program.

Yeah, and I'd still drop the R in that.
Did any of you watch that doco about "is swearing necessary in life?" It was brilliant, and proved, yes.
The people who had their hands in ice cold water who could only say basic "clean" words had to pull out way quicker than those who could yell out obscenities.
And that's it in a shortened nutshell. It was a great program.
Yes I don't normally include the r but I have been told by members of this forum I swear too much so i was cleaning it up. I also am about to move back in with my mum who thinks ladies should not swear so I need to find alternative words lol

I tend to say "thank fruck it's friday"... maybe I have more of a potty mouth than Channel ten can handle?

Well I do remember the old channel 10 forums and believe me not a single swear word or any rude word for that matter would ever get past the "filter"...lol. If any words did get past the filter or you tried to go around it the Moderators would quickly sort them out...lol. So there is nothing as free as these forums here are that's for sure. :)

I remember many years ago I met an older tradie bloke who for a couple of Friday afternoons kept saying oh today is "Poet's Day". Anyway I thought what the hell does this "Poet's Day" mean? So I asked him what it meant and well it stands for:

"Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday" Day...LOL! I guess it's from the times when many including my job in the mid to late 90's we used to go home a few hours earlier on a Friday afternoon as this was basically our RDO (roster day off) instead of getting a whole day off once a month.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes I don't normally include the r but I have been told by members of this forum I swear too much so i was cleaning it up. I also am about to move back in with my mum who thinks ladies should not swear so I need to find alternative words lol

…hmmmmm!… fruck… fluck… fiuck… fyuck… fark… fuggit… fug… funk it… naaaaaaaaah!… it has to be the good old fashioned ‘fuck’ for me methinks… maybe it’s my age group… ‘old git’… 🥴😇🤪😜🙂… cheers.

…hmmmmm!… fruck… fluck… fiuck… fyuck… fark… fuggit… fug… funk it… naaaaaaaaah!… it has to be the good old fashioned ‘fuck’ for me methinks… maybe it’s my age group… ‘old git’… 🥴😇🤪😜🙂… cheers.
Yup, sometimes it just has to happen!
I know at work if I go out the back and say something vile it makes me feel so much better. I guess it's better than shouting obscenities at the clients when they get annoying!

ETA: Git and Sod, two good old fashioned words!

Yup, sometimes it just has to happen!
I know at work if I go out the back and say something vile it makes me feel so much better. I guess it's better than shouting obscenities at the clients when they get annoying!

ETA: Git and Sod, two good old fashioned words!

…I find myself saying words like git/sod/plonker/duffer/gormless and clot to describe people to name a few… it must be when I was a little brat in the slum area of London in the early 60’s where I learned them lol!… and I find myself using the word ‘smeg’ (I forgot to use that word in my previous post lol!) when in earshot of children instead of ‘fuck’ thanks to the TV show ‘Red Dwarf’ lol!… cheers.

😂
Plonker has never left my vocabulary. Duffer now sound very polite. I used gormless not long ago in my writing, and googled it to see if it was still around.
My mum used to call the boy up the road a gormless twit. That's as rude as she got!

Takes me back to Till Death Us Do Part days when bloody was offensive, and silly old moo!

😂
Plonker has never left my vocabulary. Duffer now sound very polite. I used gormless not long ago in my writing, and googled it to see if it was still around.
My mum used to call the boy up the road a gormless twit. That's as rude as she got!

Takes me back to Till Death Us Do Part days when bloody was offensive, and silly old moo!

…hahaha!… I used to love that show lol!… shows like ‘Love Thy Neighbour’ using words like ‘Nig Nog / Sambo / Paleface and Snowflake‘ to describe each other… and… ‘On The Buses’ with all of those sexist jokes where the ‘clippies’ (the females) were always being pinched on the bottom etc… imagine those shows being made now?… it would never happen lol!… and… what about the ‘Carry On’ movies?… my god!… that would be a minefield nowadays lol!… cheers.

…it’s a bit cold in Swansea NSW at the moment and my sweet darling wife asked me whether I’d like her to get me a jumper out to keep myself warm… I said that I better wear one… when I put it on I realised that it was the one with the hoodie on it lol!… now I might toddle over to my PC and start do some cybercrime… I’ll fit right in lol!… **goes into evil cybercrime mode**… cheers.

…I find myself saying words like git/sod/plonker/duffer/gormless and clot to describe people to name a few… it must be when I was a little brat in the slum area of London in the early 60’s where I learned them lol!… and I find myself using the word ‘smeg’ (I forgot to use that word in my previous post lol!) when in earshot of children instead of ‘fuck’ thanks to the TV show ‘Red Dwarf’ lol!… cheers.
Smeg and smeghead are great words! I also have twat from red dwarf. And I combine that with the c word to make twunt. The way I describe many policians, and Ed with his cards from Bb 2013.

Smeg and smeghead are great words! I also have twat from red dwarf. And I combine that with the c word to make twunt. The way I describe many policians, and Ed with his cards from Bb 2013.

🤣😂😅😄… Isee I think that you’ve missed your calling… you should be a vocabulary teacher lol!… cheers.

Back