Skip to main content

…MR STICKYFINGERS (sort of) BOWS OUT FOR A WHILE…

Beautiful garden, Sticky. I especially love the bird feeding area

...hey delcan... thankyou!... there were about 60 various birds feeding in that small circular area one morning because all through the night before there was a major thunderstorm and they all looked a tad bit raggedy and beaten up lol!...the remnants of the seed from the feeding of the day before was all mushy and waterlogged so when I put out some dry fresh seed it was like a massive feeding frenzy in full motion lol!... it sure was a sight to behold let me tell you lol!... cheers.

I had the double knee replacemenets on Monday April 11th 2015, Mr S, I was in surgery for 5 hours. On May 6th I walked for the 1st time, without crutches or sticks, so 25 days after the surgeries, I was pretty happy with that, all the hard work had paid off. This is probably why you are making such amazing progress, you are putting the hard work in. Good luck my friend.

...hey tedfthis... do you mean 2014?... we're not in the month of May yet my friend so I'm assuming that this may have been last year?... oh wow!... that is an incredible recovery rate on your part my friend!... you're giving me kudos on what I've been achieving on this thread but
wowsers!... walking again a mere 25 days later is fantabulous!... that is epic hard work there!... (and here you are calling me an inspiration!)... I've been told that knee operations are the most painful operation to have so well done... that's amazing!...

Thanks for posting the pics, Mr S. Your garden looks beautiful and immaculate. I'm also a Pom, born in Wolverhampton, not too far from Birmingham, we came to Oz in 1970.

...I'm glad that you like my garden my friend... us Poms must have it inbred into us to have a little garden to maintain since the little 'Victory' gardens that people kept during WWII to grow their own vegetables to say... 'up yours Mr Hitler!'... lolol!...

...hey tedfthis... were you guys '10 pound immigrants' like my family?... I've always said that that's the best 10 pounds that my parents had ever spent in their entire lives!... they nearly chose to go to Canada instead of Australia but I'm so glad that they chose here thankfully... thanks for the post my friend... cheers.

Mr. S.

How is your physio going? And the doctors ideas about your stroke?
I will put some pictures up this weekend. You will see that the country living in Virginia looks very different from your house.
In the meantime, I'm uploading an aerial shot of the Shenandoah valley. The valley is between two mountain ranges (not big mountains) the Allegheny and the Blue Ridge. A third mountain, the one my sister lives behind, called Massanutten Mountain is between those two. The Shenandoah River divides into the north fork and south fork in the valley. My sister has the south fork running at the back of her property.View attachment 48783

...crikey!... that photo is amazing Rose711!... it's unusual to see 2 mountain ridges running parallel to each other like that... how awesome!... it sure looks like a beautiful area... it actually reminds me of the grooves on a vinyl record... all it needs is a giant stylus from a record player... hmmm!... let me see...

1365px-Shenandoah_River,_aerial.jpg

...haha!... something like that lol!... I can't wait for more photos my sweet lady... thanks for sharing...

...I go to my Neurologist on Saturday afternoon... hopefully for good news on what has caused my stroke so that at least I will know for sure on what to do the prevent it from ever happening again... they haven't been able to tell me so far... not knowing what caused the stroke is the scariest thing of all about all of this so far...

...if I do know what caused it and am able to take preventative measures I won't get worried every time that I may get a headache or feel a dull ache in my neck or whatever... every time that these things happen it worries me that it may be the onset of something more ominous... I really don't want to live with that fear all of the time... so please!... someone!... just tell me what caused the stroke!... lol!...

...as I said previously I go back to physio for the first time since my release from Katoomba Hospital this Monday... I'm actually looking forward to it believe it or not...

...please post more photos Rose711... I'm looking forward to them... cheers.

I guess being away I got the dates of your appointments mixed up. Be sure to let us know how it all works out!

In the meantime, here is a photo (not mine) of what I was seeing in the valley. We have a native tree called the redbud that grows there. It's too cold for it to do well in New York.
The great aspect of the redbud, besides the color, is that it is one of the earliest blooming trees in the spring. Because they are wild, though people grow them as well, the hillsides will be dotted with pink. The tree is unusual because the flowers bloom are directly on the bark with no leaves,etc. I had a hard time getting a good photo of them. This photo is from a little later in the spring.apptrip6.jpg

Last edited:
Can we just feel amazed in the beauty of a MrStickyOriginalPhotoShop.tm returning to the forums! :D :D :D
I feel blessed to see this moment :D

Cheers

...hahahaha!... you funny bugger!... that is hilarious!... actually... I'm pretty sure that this is the first time that I have ever posted a Photoshop in a thread started by me!... you crack me up BigBrotherCritic... you really do!... cheers.

I guess being away I got the dates of your appointments mixed up. Be sure to let us know how it all works out!

In the meantime, here is a photo (not mine) of what I was seeing in the valley. We have a native tree called the redbud that grows there. It's too cold for it to do well in New York.
The great aspect of the redbud, besides the color, is that it is one of the earliest blooming trees in the spring. Because they are wild, though people grow them as well, the hillsides will be dotted with pink. The tree is unusual because the flowers bloom are directly on the bark with no leaves,etc. I had a hard time getting a good photo of them. This photo is from a little later in the spring.View attachment 48785

...that is sheer beauty... it really is... thanks for posting that Rose711... more if possible please... cheers.

...thanks Bluefin... I've never thought of my garden as an oasis before...that sounds so cool!... I love those gargoyles too...their names are 'shed'... 'fence ' and 'house' by my sweet darling wife and family members for the reason that when one of them stops spitting water into the pond because of some sort of blockage they shout out which one of them it is by what it is closest to... when people ask me if they have names I tell them they are called... 'dumb' and 'dumber' and 'just plain fucking stupid'... my sweet darling wife just rolls her eyes when I do that lol!...

Ha ha, I like your nicknames! Lucky you don't have a fourth gargoyle, otherwise it might progress beyond eye rolls!
:muted:

...damn!... damn!... damn!... damn!... and stuff it!... my Neurologist did not approve it for me to be able to drive again!... the results of my scan from 3 weeks or so ago were not sent to her office from the Nepean Hospital to her for my assessment by her yesterday!... someone stuffed it up big time!... I am so annoyed!...

...it is possible that my 'Physio' Doctor that I am seeing on Monday can grant me permission to drive again depending on whether my left leg is functioning good enough to satisfy her enough to say 'yes'... (please let it be)... my Neurologist told me how the Law stands on this... she said that someone that has had a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’... (which is a minor stroke)... are allowed to drive a month after the attack but may have restrictions on that license that they cannot drive at night and have a radius of say... 50 Kilometres distance limit from home that they can drive...

...in my case... (because it was a full blown stroke)... I am not allowed to drive for a full 3 months regardless in that period of time because apparently there is a good chance that I could have another stroke!... that is when you are still quite vulnerable... (that's nice to know isn't it?)... so I'm not allowed to drive but the only exception being is that my Physio Doctor overrules that Law... (here's hoping)...

...as far as finding out what has caused my stroke my Neurologist said that she will receive the results of all of my tests on either Monday or Tuesday and will ring me for another appointment when she has made her assessment... from what she was saying she is still pretty much unsure of what caused it and again said to me what she told me at Katoomba Hospital... I may still be in that 30% of people that never do find out the cause of it... she did say that she was determined to find out what caused it because if it is blocked veins in my neck for instance then it may just be a case of putting 'stints' in those veins to prevent it happening again... she will probably know when she gets those results I assume... (if you know what caused it at least you can do something about it obviously)...

...it is really doing my head in not being able to drive and having to rely on our son to drive us everywhere but I won't let this break my spirit... you never know... the Physio Doctor might just say... 'yes'... well that's the latest update my friends... cheers.

Ha ha, I like your nicknames! Lucky you don't have a fourth gargoyle, otherwise it might progress beyond eye rolls!
:muted:

...haha!... too true... if there was a 4th one then their names would probably have been 'dumb' and 'dumber' and 'just plain fucking stupid' and 'just slap the bastard':rolleyes:;):)... lol!... cheers.

Ohhhhhhhh That SUCKS!!! DAM!

SrisailamDam01-India.jpg

Great Pics Mr Sticky - Love your work! I have a pic somewhere, of my ex front yard - it was mass planted, and I so miss living there! - I'll see if I can find it!

...thankyou so much hooleydooley!... please do post the pic... I'd love to see it my friend... cheers.

...well these photos are of our back yard... as I said above... it's not as fancy-dancy as the front gardens but it still is a bit of a 'work-in-progress' in some parts... we're happy with it anyway lol!...

View attachment 48766

...the shed itself and the pond... well... because you can only put 10 photos into the post at one time that is it for this one... more in the next post to come... I hope that you liked them... cheers.

Congratulations on a beautiful garden Mr S. Again, from experience, I know how much work goes into keeping it looking like that. How do you find the time when Big Brother is on :). The perfection in your Photoshopping shows in your gardens too.

...the trouble with the pond is that when we have a party or a barbecue or whatever Khun Khun is that because of the sound of the trickling water everyone ends up having to go to the toilet for a pee!... (especially when drinking a copious amount of alcohol lol!)... I try to keep the gardens in an immaculate condition and I am still in 'catch-up' mode since I got released from Hospital... about another week of work and I'll be there... there are only a few things that have to be done... unfortunately I'm like a 'Felix Unger' type of character out in my garden... I'm very much of an anal fusspot that has to have everything looking perfect out there lol!...

...thankyou everyone for the lovely comments on my garden... it makes my day!... cheers.

What are those Koi Carp like, battered and with chips :).

...hey tedfthis... do you mean 2014?... we're not in the month of May yet my friend so I'm assuming that this may have been last year?... oh wow!... that is an incredible recovery rate on your part my friend!... you're giving me kudos on what I've been achieving on this thread but
wowsers!... walking again a mere 25 days later is fantabulous!... that is epic hard work there!... (and here you are calling me an inspiration!)... I've been told that knee operations are the most painful operation to have so well done... that's amazing!...

...I'm glad that you like my garden my friend... us Poms must have it inbred into us to have a little garden to maintain since the little 'Victory' gardens that people kept during WWII to grow their own vegetables to say... 'up yours Mr Hitler!'... lolol!...

...hey tedfthis... were you guys '10 pound immigrants' like my family?... I've always said that that's the best 10 pounds that my parents had ever spent in their entire lives!... they nearly chose to go to Canada instead of Australia but I'm so glad that they chose here thankfully... thanks for the post my friend... cheers.

Sorry, Mr S, my mistake, I should have mentioned that the knee ops were in 2011.

Yes, we were £10 Poms too. I've met lots of people over the years who would have gladly paid £10 to send me back :). Pretty good value and the 2 boys got a log book each, signed by the captain of the BOAC jet, with the air miles on it. I was eager to get out here quickly, with 2 small children, but in hindsight, a 6 week cruise would have been nice :). We had a choice of New Zealand, Canada or Australia, I made the right choice.

...damn!... damn!... damn!... damn!... and stuff it!... my Neurologist did not approve it for me to be able to drive again!... the results of my scan from 3 weeks or so ago were not sent to her office from the Nepean Hospital to her for my assessment by her yesterday!... someone stuffed it up big time!... I am so annoyed!...

...it is possible that my 'Physio' Doctor that I am seeing on Monday can grant me permission to drive again depending on whether my left leg is functioning good enough to satisfy her enough to say 'yes'... (please let it be)... my Neurologist told me how the Law stands on this... she said that someone that has had a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’... (which is a minor stroke)... are allowed to drive a month after the attack but may have restrictions on that license that they cannot drive at night and have a radius of say... 50 Kilometres distance limit from home that they can drive...

...in my case... (because it was a full blown stroke)... I am not allowed to drive for a full 3 months regardless in that period of time because apparently there is a good chance that I could have another stroke!... that is when you are still quite vulnerable... (that's nice to know isn't it?)... so I'm not allowed to drive but the only exception being is that my Physio Doctor overrules that Law... (here's hoping)...

...as far as finding out what has caused my stroke my Neurologist said that she will receive the results of all of my tests on either Monday or Tuesday and will ring me for another appointment when she has made her assessment... from what she was saying she is still pretty much unsure of what caused it and again said to me what she told me at Katoomba Hospital... I may still be in that 30% of people that never do find out the cause of it... she did say that she was determined to find out what caused it because if it is blocked veins in my neck for instance then it may just be a case of putting 'stints' in those veins to prevent it happening again... she will probably know when she gets those results I assume... (if you know what caused it at least you can do something about it obviously)...

...it is really doing my head in not being able to drive and having to rely on our son to drive us everywhere but I won't let this break my spirit... you never know... the Physio Doctor might just say... 'yes'... well that's the latest update my friends... cheers.

Fingers crossed your Dr isn't someone like Dr Patel and overrides the law!

That law is there for a reason, and it is not just to protect you, it's to protect the poor innocent bastards travelling in the opposite direction!! You would be shocked at the amount of road injuries and fatalities that are the result of people choosing to drive with a health condition, despite being banned from driving.

Three months from your life without driving is nothing. Pretend it is a DUI.

Wonderful to hear you are progressing so well, and enjoy being chauffeured. Xo

Bummer, its really annoying when supposed professional people can't get their acts together. They don't comprehend the stress of waiting and not knowing in the first place and also a mans want of independence and to be able to drive himself around. Then they can't get all the records in one place, EVEN WITH COMPUTERS. I hope that the news when you do get it, is good news, Mr S and gives you more answers than questions. It sounds like NSW Health is the same basket case, that QLD Health is. I feel your pain and frustration, hang in there, they are supposed to know whats best for you. Monday today, so you might have more news now.

...hey all you wonderful people... (sorry in advance for the marathon post that you are about to read)... I went to my Physio Doctor today and she put me through quite a load of different tests in regards to my walking/hand movements/cognitive and vision tests... (there was also another Doctor from Katoomba Hospital doing the tests with her)... they were quite astounded by my recovery being as advanced as it is... (their words... not mine)... they could not believe that my left hand is 99% operational compared to the last time that they saw me... (that other 1% is for my lack of strength in that hand)...

...well guess what?... I passed every single one of their tests!!!!!... they did say though that my left leg is not operating as good as it should be because as they were testing me while I was walking they both noticed that my surrounding leg muscles behind my left knee area were lacking in some movements... they both agreed that I need to come to the 'Outpatients Physio' at the Hospital for more therapy to get it functioning at 100%... they think that I'm still at about the 80% mark in my walking abilities as I had told you when I assessed my capabilities to you all in previous posts... (so I was pretty much spot on when telling you all of my abilities)...

...although my Neurologist told me on Saturday that she couldn't sanction me having my license back because it was a decision that my Physio Doctor had to make I asked the Doctors assessing me whether they would sanction me to drive again being hat I had passed all of their tests 100%...

Fingers crossed your Dr isn't someone like Dr Patel and overrides the law!

That law is there for a reason, and it is not just to protect you, it's to protect the poor innocent bastards travelling in the opposite direction!! You would be shocked at the amount of road injuries and fatalities that are the result of people choosing to drive with a health condition, despite being banned from driving.

Three months from your life without driving is nothing. Pretend it is a DUI.

Wonderful to hear you are progressing so well, and enjoy being chauffeured. Xo

...I fully agree with that Trala and have been quite happy to obey that Law and the reasons for it... hence my patience with all of this up until now... anyone that drives regardless is an idiot in my opinion... anyhow... they told me... YES!!!!!!... on the proviso that I go to an Optometrist and have a field vision and peripheral vision test and fully pass it and have the Optometrist sign on the dotted line so that I could take that form to the Road Transit Authority... (or whatever it's called nowadays)... for them to clear me to drive again... they had both agreed that physically I had made the grade to be able to drive again pending the Optometrists report...

...when I went to the Optometrist I then went for a whole lot more tests... one of the tests was what truck drivers have to take all of the time... it involves having to put your head into an almost ball-shaped device that has one light glowing straight in front of you and you must stare at that only otherwise it fails you... you have a button in a hand held device that you have to click each time that a pinpoint light glows all around you... you have to keep clicking until about 100 clicks later... I accidentally clicked it on one occasion when I didn't mean to and told it to the Optometrist and he said that I'm allowed 1 mistake...

...well... I passed 100%!!!!!.. the RTA had just closed 10 minutes before the end of the test... he signed the form that I have to present to the RTA tomorrow and I get my license back!!!!!!... WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!... I am so happy!... I'm sooooo proud of myself because of the hard work that I have put into this... I feel like a million dollars... I really do... I've been giving myself mental 'high fives' all evening lol!...

...the main Physio Doctor that I saw today was my 'case Doctor'... (I guess she is called)... she is the first Doctor that saw me when I originally went into the Hawkesbury District Hospital at Windsor on the first day of this continuing up at Katoomba Hospital too... she was the Doctor that gave me hope in recovering 100% on day one because she saw that I had such grim determination to beat this... her words back then are what got me initially started in this journey... the look on her face when she had seen how far I had come was so worth all of those grueling hours of exercise... I felt so proud of myself right there and then...

...they had the results of two of the tests that I had undergone... one of them was where they stuck a gizmo down my throat until it lined up alongside my heart to take readings... according to the results everything to do with my heart is working as it should be so my heart is not a problem at this point in time... the other one was the results of the scan of the veins on the back of my neck... there are no blockages whatsoever so they are working properly too... they still have to see the results of some other tests that I've taken so I don't know about those yet obviously... they told me that I will be having a number of other tests until they pinpoint what caused my stroke so I was happy to hear that... after all... I want to know what caused the bloody thing...

...well folks... that's it... I'm happy with myself... I'm proud of myself... I'll be driving again tomorrow onwards!!!... what a beautiful wonderful day it is today despite all of the torrential rain happening all day lololol!... (again... sorry for the marathon read peoples)... cheers.:D:singing::thumbsup::happy::):woot:

Back