Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Smart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strategic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sole Survivor

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
I think Hayley genuinely thought that Nina would side with her to take out George. Hayley hasn't had the best social game this season, she didn't manage Nina correctly. With the split the votes were totally there. I don't think many people this season have actually played optimally.
But then she didn't even vote George herself! Wtf.

I really enjoyed Nina's acting tonight. Also the little violet satin ribbons nicked from the spa in her plaits.

But then she didn't even vote George herself! Wtf.
Did she not? I didn't even see the vote reveals, final words or the next time thanks to my shitty Apple TV. That is a huge misplay on her end. She probably tried to save face incase George survived. But if her true intention was to have George gone, why would she not just go for it? Why aim for your second preference to go home?

Did she not? I didn't even see the vote reveals, final words or the next time thanks to my shitty Apple TV. That is a huge misplay on her end. She probably tried to save face incase George survived. But if her true intention was to have George gone, why would she not just go for it? Why aim for your second preference to go home?
Her vote was hinging on Nina who she must have read wasn't with her.

George has dominated, no one beats him if he makes the end.

Gerry very much under rated imo, but he'll get no credit.
Dominating is not equal to optimally. George only lasts so long because everyone knows he's an easy vote out at the final hurdle. He will never win the final immunity challenge which has been said how many times now? He has positioned himself to get to the end with the newbies who I have absolute no doubt will team up to blindside him. Each time he plays he plays a runner-up game at best. The game rewards those who play low key and don't piss off the jury.

Gerry is okay, does what needs to be done. But I cannot see him winning a vote. Much like George he is positioning himself to a guaranteed loss. I personally look at the game of Survivor as a social positioning game. The whole "resume" thing is a bit overblown and only seems to come into play when there's returnees involved.

Dominating is not equal to optimally. George only lasts so long because everyone knows he's an easy vote out at the final hurdle. He will never win the final immunity challenge which has been said how many times now? He has positioned himself to get to the end with the newbies who I have absolute no doubt will team up to blindside him. Each time he plays he plays a runner-up game at best. The game rewards those who play low key and don't piss off the jury.

Gerry is okay, does what needs to be done. But I cannot see him winning a vote. Much like George he is positioning himself to a guaranteed loss. I personally look at the game of Survivor as a social positioning game. The whole "resume" thing is a bit overblown and only seems to come into play when there's returnees involved.
I do agree with most of this assessment of George’s game but I think that it’s down to a bit of a fault with how Australian jury votes.

This may seem ridiculous, but for me personally, winning does not necessarily equal playing the best game…. I guess in some ways it means they have played it correctly with the people they are playing with.

I don’t know how to properly articulate what I mean.

But I legitimately think in terms of the strategy side of the game, George has a very impressive resume. And it’s the type of game I guess I enjoy watching the most.

I think David may be the only Australian winner I think truly embodies the best gameplay combined with a win.

I do agree with most of this assessment of George’s game but I think that it’s down to a bit of a fault with how Australian jury votes.

This may seem ridiculous, but for me personally, winning does not necessarily equal playing the best game…. I guess in some ways it means they have played it correctly with the people they are playing with.

I don’t know how to properly articulate what I mean.

But I legitimately think in terms of the strategy side of the game, George has a very impressive resume. And it’s the type of game I guess I enjoy watching the most.

I think David may be the only Australian winner I think truly embodies the best gameplay combined with a win.
I can hands down agree George has played the best game in terms of dominating who goes each round. But IMO the game of survivor is essentially human chess. It's making moves that aren't "flashy" but more so just position you closer to a win. You may lose pieces (pawns) along the way but eventually once you reach checkmate you've won. It's not about dominating and making big moves IMO it's just simply doing what needs to be done correctly.

The thing with Survivor (and Big Brother for the North American fans) is that with the jury involved there becomes an increased importance of the human element. The jurors will vote how they vote, that's their choice. It's the player's responsibility to rationalise their game to the jurors and appease them if they have to. If a juror is bitter at you it is up to you to fix that. Jury management is so vital for your game. It literally makes or breaks it.

From studying psychology I probably focus too much on the social aspect of these shows. But to me, the jurors are likely to be bitter, salty, jealous or annoyed, what ever you wanna call it. Even if taking them out was right for the finalist's game, an angry juror will go on a power trip with their vote. Almost every human has a complex, some jurors will almost force the finalist to apologise, admit regret or just simply admit what they did was wrong. As human beings the jurors will want to feel relevant and powerful to some degree. It is up to the player to maintain a good relationship with the jury in order to get their vote.

You can be the most physically dominating player and win the challenges, you can be the smartest player and get to the end without any struggles. But if you do not bother to get to know these players, if you do not treat them with respect and if you do not humble yourself at FTC you will not win. I think players like Pia and David really did show that. Hayley as well IMO, I don't care that she got twist saved.

In a perfect world I'd love to see juror's vote for the biggest flashy player. But, in reality when a game involves humans, emotions do come into play. It is why I utilise the social aspect in my every day life. I go to work making sure I bond well with the staff, and I make sure at uni to be kind to those in my class when doing group work especially. People will not give their all to you if they do not respect you.

That's how I perceive the game of survivor. Everyone will have their own opinion. This is mine. For me, Hayley is the most well rounded player of Survivor AU.

Last edited:
Hayley was very gracious and philosophical in defeat! Other observations… Loved Liz’s cucumber comment - haha! Simon looks like a little kid getting a gold star from his teacher when he wins immunity. That was very sneaky of him to throw out the rice. If he also manages to rally everyone against George, that is very well played; under estimated by everybody!

I picked Hayley going tonight because the promo's are so obvious.
& now that tonights promo is Simon pitching hard to send Geo home... Obviously Simon goes tomorrow night...

I really love him, just like Hayley said he's like a puppy. He's so excited to play the game and just be there, even if he isn't amazing at it. I love his superfan side, I compelled understand how a RTV game could mean so much to someone. His instagram post about him winning the car (which is worth 3 years of salary to him) almost made me cry. He is getting such a bad edit from this show and the fan reception is not okay. Apparently death threats have come his way. He is such different person on his social media.
Me too.
He's terrible at Survivor, which is sad for such a superfan.
But his enthusiasm is contagious and he seems like he'd be nice outside of the game.
Plus I want his body (and the double entendre is intentional, I mean it both ways) :D

George has received death threats as well.

What sad sacks send death threats to people on a reality TV show.
I absolutely agree. It’s such a pathetic thing to get so worked up about a television show that you think an appropriate way to vent your feelings is to send a death threat.
People like that (won’t do this) but need to take a long hard look at themselves.

No tv person deserves that.

Back