• Smart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strategic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sole Survivor

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Another phone call! I missed the last 5mins haha
You're the only person I know who still accepts phone calls.
Nina said something so correct. George's title of "King George" is self proclaimed.
I'm loving how much Nina clearly hates George and did so coming into the game.
Wait?

Nina could have legit voted out George here LMAO
Another missed opportunity. The producers are really having to hold back that non-elimination episode
Why did Matt go Liz?
Because George told him to and he didn't have the brains to question it.

Overall found this episode quite boring and actually somewhat confusing. The plan was set in from the first minute because of George feeling he needs to control the game, even though Shaun leaving was of no consequence to him at all. However making it all about him gets him the airtime. Also hypocrisy again about how things are when he votes friends out (just a game) but how much of a betrayal it is when friends don't vote with him.

The most baffling thing though was how it was pretty much kindergarten Survivor with a couple of plans that made no sense and people falling for them without question. Beginning at the beginning Hayley could never keep that vote secret or expect Nina to do so - baffling someone who previously won it thought she could. It was an opportunity to build something solid and take proactive control - not owning the move was never going to work. Indeed unlike the earlier attempted move on George which Nina and Shaun screwed up it wasn't a move which would swing Hayley into a majority - she'd have been better off sacrificing Simon and working with Shaun.

Secondly though the plan Liz, George and Nina made up just made no sense at all. Hayley knew Nina didn't vote Shaun out - OK, fair play she was stupid enough to believe that Nina would confess but it's baffling that spa trio thought the plan would work in the first place. Secondly the split vote on Liz made no sense either considering George had told everyone he could bring Liz back in after voting out Shonee, and they were supposedly working on that at the spa. The plan to then have Matt be the only person to vote for Liz, not knowing the real plan, just casts aside George's most loyal ally - honestly think Gerry would probably turn on George before Matt prior to this vote. The split vote made no sense when they didn't really need it - though again that's only been formed by George to protect George so that should he get a couple of votes he might have feared and an idol is played that he could orchestrate Liz going instead - another friend he'll happily sacrifice to protect himself.

However it seems we're playing kindergarten Survivor and everyone just followed through on George's orders, which is making the episodes boring. I really expected Hayley to suss it - stronger plans have come undone beforehand. Ultimately she basically voted herself out by voting for Nina and following George's instructions. Yes, Nina didn't play ball so she'd have gone anyway, but she had no reason to think Nina wouldn't vote George so taking it to a tie could have been interesting, especially when Matt discovered he hadn't been told the real plan by George. He's so stupidly loyal though he'd have voted to keep him though, and no doubt the tease for tomorrow is giving us false hope too and Simon will yet again think he's the Kingslayer.

Oh, and one more stupid move but Simon's actions with the rice made no sense either. In a big group yes you could get away with it, but with just four of you there and only one really on the outside of the group you might as well have disposed of it in broad daylight.

Finally only interesting thing we learned is they're packing up after 47 days rather than 50 or 55. Not sure if they've axed some rest days along the way - feels like we've had more reward challenges than usual this year.

Last edited:
P.S. Is there really much point in the jury attending tribal? They'd find out what went down when the evictee joined them anyway (and can do their shock faces there). I agree the jury shouldn't be able to influence proceeding during tribal, but if they must attend it I think at the very least the last evictee should be able to answer a couple of questions from JLP before proceedings get underway.

Good onya Simon Simple.
Looks like he'll be just as lost tomorrow, but I'm praying the Survivor gods save him.
I hope so too, he's hot and he's likeable TV. I don't find him grating like George. I can appreciate Simon's narrative so much more and I love his love for the game. It's also interesting to note from watching Hayley's jury villa the jury all love Simon. His endearing personalty is not being shown enough in the edit as a whole and he is clearly better socially than what is being shown.
No tv person deserves that.
Absolutely, and that should even go without saying. We can be angry and we can feel strongly about what happens on these shows, but these are real human beings. I have nothing but admiration for RTV participants. Trolling is inevitable even for non famous people on socials, but death threats is just sick.
Overall found this episode quite boring
I agree so much with what you said. I am sick of watching them all just follow George. And it is clear they all do so because they're too scared but will just take him out at the eleventh hour because he will not get himself to the end. Following George is a guarantee to the final immunity challenge. If I ever played with George and couldn't vote him out, I'd ride those coattails and send his ass to jury villa right at the end.

I think Hayley was more so paranoid at needing to create a resume due to George's impressive strategic dominance. She still showed she is willing to make ballsy moves. I think the cast just isn't right for her and it would have worked with more returnees.

The cut from 50 days was made in Brain vs Brawn due to covid apparently, then in BvW it was again decreased to 47 and then confirmed again to be 47 for this season. I hope they do not continue to go lower. Thankfully the mandatory quota for local content will likely prevent The Australian version from suffering the same fate as the US. So as long as we have non elimination episodes it means we're having a long season. Which I personally like. I love how long the game is and how much the storylines can shift by even just the swap. So much has happened since they were on their initial tribes. I also like the pacing of the show, three/two episodes a week for 9ish weeks feels satisfying. It's not too long like Masterchef usually is. It feels right.

IMO the jury attending tribal is necessary, jurors could easily lie and then the rest of them would not know who to believe unless they actually witness people saying things at tribal. I would also take Shonee's approach and try my best to remember people's handwriting, especially in returnee seasons.
Why did everyone swoon when Sam entered tribal council?
Just because it was the first time he'd washed in months?
Because he's hot tbh.
Also why did Hayley say she'd done better than any previous returning winner - didn't Nina's mum win it twice?
She would mean in terms of Australian Survivor. Which is correct. She is the best winner statistically even including those who won on a return (David and Mark).

Stats based on the percentage of days across two seasons

Hayley 87/95 91.58%
David 84/100 84.00%
Mark 65/102 63.73%
Jericho 60/105 57.14%
Shane 52/100 52.00%

She is the first and currently only winner to return in Australian Survivor and survive a tribal council, make swap, make merge, make jury, make top 10 and place in the top third.

She ranks third overall (amongst the 38 returning players) behind George who is at the same percentage as her (and counting) and Sharn who has played 100/100 days.

You're the only person I know who still accepts phone calls.

You know I was only just thinking about this the other day. I think my preference would be for a text like most others in my generation haha. However somehow I’ve got about 2 or 3 best friends, a brother and two nephews who all prefer a phone call so I end up on the phone more often than I might otherwise choose.

You know I was only just thinking about this the other day. I think my preference would be for a text like most others in my generation haha. However somehow I’ve got about 2 or 3 best friends, a brother and two nephews who all prefer a phone call so I end up on the phone more often than I might otherwise choose.

I don’t think I’ve ever called my friends on the phone just because. We all message. But later in the night we all jump on a discord group call before we sleep. I don’t even have some of my friends numbers in my contacts.

Does anyone watch Talking Tribal? I always intend to, watch a couple then kind of forget about it
it’s our Friday night ritual now, and then all the extras 😁 Though Kahn and Brooke are a little bit annoying with their giggling, but I forgive them as I too am relaxing into the weekend and don’t want too much serious shit 😆

I don’t think I’ve ever called my friends on the phone just because. We all message. But later in the night we all jump on a discord group call before we sleep. I don’t even have some of my friends numbers in my contacts.
I say “my generation” but I’m probably older haha.

If only Hayley did not blab about the $60,000. George would have a legitimate chance of being voted out tonight. Ugh.
I guess she needed it to get sway with them as they were immovable. I can’t imagine her giving that away needlessly but you never know.

I was surprised how easily she bought George’s story though about Nina “admitting” voting for Shaun. That was a bit funny for me, and why i so loved this episode! Second best ep of this season for me.

I'm a bit of a germ-ophobe, so when this happened I was realing in my chair screaming lots of "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww's" :arghh: :biggrin:

Before we jump in the spa tub, lets first use it to shave, so that millions of tiny hair fragments & dirty soap will be floating around the tub...

a.jpg
Now lets all use it as a bath tub and wash all our dirty filthy bodies in it & in such close proximity to one another.. We can coat ourselves in shaved hairs as well as dirty soapy water - what's better than soaking in a tepid pool of your own filth - soaking in a tepid pool of 3 peoples filth..
🤢🤮:vomit:

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

What better way to make this experience more disgusting than completely submerging yourself in this lovely luke warm soup of filth, hair & dirty soapy water. I wonder if they cleaned themselves properly last time they went to the toilet, nothing like a bit of fecal matter mixed in with that revolting pool of black grey water... Make sure you completely submerge yoursevles so that all that muck & microbial filth can get into your nose, ears, eyes & mouth.... 🤢:vomit:🤮

I think the reason everyone goes along with George is because he is an excellent strategic player and uncannily accurate at reading people/situations. They know George can carry them through to the end, but unlike other major players, they also know that George is not competition for them at the end and will never win. If he could possibly get through a physical challenge (he won’t), it‘s risky to take him to top two because of his resumé, but even if someone does, the jury will not let go of their prejudices against him. They know, and he knows too, that there are three hurdles at the end that no matter what a great player he is, he can’t conquer. George has been the perfect shield.

I'm a bit of a germ-ophobe, so when this happened I was realing in my chair screaming lots of "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww's" :arghh: :biggrin:

Before we jump in the spa tub, lets first use it to shave, so that millions of tiny hair fragments & dirty soap will be floating around the tub...

View attachment 59581
Now lets all use it as a bath tub and wash all our dirty filthy bodies in it & in such close proximity to one another.. We can coat ourselves in shaved hairs as well as dirty soapy water - what's better than soaking in a tepid pool of your own filth - soaking in a tepid pool of 3 peoples filth..
🤢🤮:vomit:

View attachment 59583

View attachment 59582

What better way to make this experience more disgusting than completely submerging yourself in this lovely luke warm soup of filth, hair & dirty soapy water. I wonder if they cleaned themselves properly last time they went to the toilet, nothing like a bit of fecal matter mixed in with that revolting pool of black grey water... Make sure you completely submerge yoursevles so that all that muck & microbial filth can get into your nose, ears, eyes & mouth.... 🤢:vomit:🤮
I had exactly the same thought watching that scene!! Yuck.

We had to get a new phone a month ago and it took three weeks for anyone to ring it
I won’t be here tonight :-( I’ve been asked to work overtime. Won’t finish work until 8pm
But you'll miss your phone calls.
I think the reason everyone goes along with George is because he is an excellent strategic player and uncannily accurate at reading people/situations. They know George can carry them through to the end, but unlike other major players, they also know that George is not competition for them at the end and will never win. If he could possibly get through a physical challenge (he won’t), it‘s risky to take him to top two because of his resumé, but even if someone does, the jury will not let go of their prejudices against him. They know, and he knows too, that there are three hurdles at the end that no matter what a great player he is, he can’t conquer. George has been the perfect shield
He isn't this master strategist though - he just tells them he is and they believe him. OK, he's made Final 6 but his strategy is quite poor and he's proven time and time again his loyalty has an expiry date and he'll cut the most loyal first.

Granted agree with your analysis he won't win at the end but not convinced the other players left in believe that and really it's only now that should really become a factor. Indeed be interesting to see if George is smart enough to begin downplaying his King role.

The frustrating thing is at every opportunity to get him out players saw continuing to work with him as the better route and not convinced that has always been the case. Granted though last night Nina and Liz were just finishing off what the producers blocked weeks ago in getting rid of Hayley.

P.S. How nice was it to have some immediate post-tribal footage?

P.P.S. And skipping ahead to the last tribal even if Hayley was too dumb to see it coming I wouldn't really call that a blindside considering for us watching it was the plan all along and the outcome was never really in doubt.

He isn't this master strategist though - he just tells them he is and they believe him. OK, he's made Final 6 but his strategy is quite poor and he's proven time and time again his loyalty has an expiry date and he'll cut the most loyal first.
We will have to respectfully agree to disagree on this. :) Who else in the game this season has out strategised George?

Back