Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

I almost think she’d make a good producer because of how her brain works and how she sees people more as objects rather than people.
Perfect solution this show needs. Someone who will not show favouritism and won’t give any less or more fucks about one over the other.

Do we think the "House of Love" twist will mean the houseguests play as duos (similar to BB9 USA), although this being Australia they'll drop that element after a week anyhow.

I hope they don't play as duos. I will always persevere with Big Brother at it's lowest point, but playing as duos (again) will be enough to not let me watch. Especially if BB is pre-selecting these duos. I'd also hate for this to go love island/Bachelor in Paradise style where the couples alter every week. If anything I hope this is just a shoehorned theme that is secondary to the game, and if anything just puts certain players in a Sophie's choice type situation where they have to choose between allies and "love". All of this just seems so bad.

Personally I also am not looking forward to a 20 episode cycle. Either it will only be on for 7 weeks or we'll have the later weeks dropped to 2 episodes a week to stretch it out. I enjoyed the format of this year and would like to see it tweaked a bit. I still don't understand why they can't just copy and paste the BBUS format but we've said this how many times now.

Maybe they worry there'd be endless dumb social media out rages
When they should be craving it for the publicity
I actually much prefer long shows because I feel like we get to spend more times with the cast,

I'd rather have 30 min eps 6-7 days a week
I'm in two minds...I think I would 60min noms, eviction and something Fri (games or AO....or both!) and 30min dailies in between during the week
Especially being on this forum. It's way more engaging.
Yes!...I rarely have it line up any more and have to stream mostly....as hard as it was sometimes to keep up with the show and the chat here, it is a lot more fun....
Now that would be the theory but in practice I think you learn far less about the housemates and events in the house in a 90 minute episode of C7 Big Brother than you did in half an hour of C10 Big Brother.
I could chop 30mins off those eps just from recaps....I mean sure here's a minute of last episode but seriously don't need a recap of the action before the ad break we just had! Especially if that was just 2 people having a cheeky snog...by all means fade to the ad or tease that it happened but that should be all it is during a daily....a teaser for an uplate or exclusive content type show.....I would still seriously consider a subscription type deal with guaranteed content (even if no live stream although I suspect it would be needed to draw more in) ....but I am turned off a bit by what the current producers think is "entertainment".....although the statement about bringing the fun back for the players would be a good start.

I’ll shout this from the rooftops every time, but do check out BBCAN if you can stomach more strategy.

Live feeds are usually lit and the casts aren’t afraid to make big/stupid moves.
There are some seasons of BBCAN that were mindblowing.

If anyone is wanting to see an insanely good season of BB, I’m watching UK Season 5 at the moment.
Starts off very conventionally but turns into complete insanity with security having to come into the house numerous times.
Complete paranoia, mind games.
It contains ‘Nadia’, the transsexual who came as a housemate in Australia a few years later.

transsexual
Although that’s the word that was used in 2004 it’s now outdated and considered offensive. Transgender or simply Trans are much better terms to use.

I think the best part of BB5 was the fact that Nadia was accepted by both the viewers and her HM’s. Given that There’s Something About Miriam aired in the same year things could have gone a lot differently.

Although that’s the word that was used in 2004 it’s now outdated and considered offensive. Transgender or simply Trans are much better terms to use.

I think the best part of BB5 was the fact that Nadia was accepted by both the viewers and her HM’s. Given that There’s Something About Miriam aired in the same year things could have gone a lot differently.
I doubt anyone who read my comment was offended that I wrote Transexual.

I wonder if this will end up like the recent series of The Circle where they make a big deal about the singles in the promotion around the series but then it turns out to barely be a factor in the series itself.

I wonder if this will end up like the recent series of The Circle where they make a big deal about the singles in the promotion around the series but then it turns out to barely be a factor in the series itself.
We can only hope.

I doubt anyone who read my comment was offended that I wrote Transexual.
Hey I would just ignore them. I am a trans individual who would describe myself as 'Transsexual' as that is the word I use to describe my transition. It really just comes down to each person, so I don't think it is anyone else's place to correct that other than Nadia herself. I didn't think it was a big deal, have a good day! :happy:

I love Nadia though!

Last edited:
Hey I would just ignore them. I am a trans individual who would describe myself as 'Transsexual' as that is the word I use to describe my transition. It really just comes down to each person, so I don't think it is anyone else's place to correct that other than Nadia herself. I didn't think it was a big deal, have a good day! :happy:

I love Nadia though!
Nadia was amazing. I believe she was the first transsexual to appear on any BB worldwide.
I just wish they had also imported Nikki from season 7 of UK BB.
She was incredible. Sadly she passed away a few years ago.

Last edited:

I love Nadia though!
Just because YOU do doesn’t mean the word isn’t offensive. It also doesn’t give you permission to decide it’s acceptable for someone to use in a public forum.

is this the last season they have under the contract to film at the White Pavillion?

If the dream scenario of BB returning live in 2024 like the 7 bossman said it is an option they’re looking at if the UK revival goes well, surely that location would be too close to civilian access to have live filming and outside contact.

is this the last season they have under the contract to film at the White Pavillion?

If the dream scenario of BB returning live in 2024 like the 7 bossman said it is an option they’re looking at if the UK revival goes well, surely that location would be too close to civilian access to have live filming and outside contact.

Guess we have to wait and see how the UK season fares. If it's not great, Seven will stick with the pavilion if it even returns at all in 2024. I'll cross my fingers (but I won't hold my breath).

Back