Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

Those comments are harsh 😅

The weirdest part is Love Island this year was prerecorded so they’ll be most likely voting each other out through the season then for the public to vote the winner.

Why do we need Big Brother to quite literally do the exact same format

So it looks to be second half of the year so a bit later than this years dates. Image from theguidefather on TwitterView attachment 59353
Just looking at this:

Idol - nostalgia will ensure success
Blow Up - will flop
Million Dollar Island- has flopped everywhere else
Farmer Wants a Wife and The Voice will just do what they do
Kitchen Nightmares - no Ramsey, no point
MKR and SAS - flopped this year
AGT - is just padding out the year

What happened to Apartment Rules announced last year?

According to this it may not be over just yet…

Anecdotally on whether or not the old format is viable;

Gran Hermano (Big Brother Argentina) started last week after a 6 year hiatus with 24 hour live streams. The premiere was the largest tv debut for a show in 2022, and I’ve seen pirate (?) streams of the feeds on twitch hit a peak of 27000 viewers even a week in, with chat popping off pretty well.

In terms of interest and viewership, the traditional format absolutely still works.

According to this it may not be over just yet…

Interesting. This comes comes TV Blackbox’s interview with Angus Ross. Rob even says he’s not sure he wants House of Love to be a success if it means greater chance it will be live in 2024 haha.

Surely that’s gotta earn Rob a few points with some here? Haha

If they're seriously considering it live for 2024 presumably they'll get out of Sydney Olympic Park at the end of the year rather than have the house standing unused for potentially 18 months.

For anyone not wanting to go to that crappy website, here is the key quote from Angus Ross:

The one thing I will say on Big Brother, I’ll be really interested to see how the as live version goes in the UK next year. We couldn’t, due to the schedules that we had to produce this next series, consider that. But I’ll be watching with interest because it’s certainly something we would consider going forward.

Yeah, I mean, that would obviously have to be for calendar year ’24, but absolutely we’d do it. I’ll be watching with interest.

Interesting. This comes comes TV Blackbox’s interview with Angus Ross. Rob even says he’s not sure he wants House of Love to be a success if it means greater chance it will be live in 2024 haha.

Surely that’s gotta earn Rob a few points with some here? Haha
Copy and paste the article and I’ll consider it

Copy and paste the article and I’ll consider it

It’s formatted as a transcript. Not sure if the audio is available.

Red = Rob, quotes are Angus.

Well, it’s interesting you’re doing something very different to Married At First Sight. A dating show, although that’s dating show on steroids and doesn’t fit into the traditional Bachelor type of dating show. My take at the moment is that dating shows are off the boil. I’m intrigued by what you’re doing with Big Brother Singles. What’s the thinking with that?

Look, I think Big Brother is a show that’s always skewed pretty young and the thinking behind it-
You’re saying I’m too old for it, Angus?

No, I view you as young. I think what we’re doing with this cast is really leaning further into that young skew. I’ve seen the cast and they’re fantastic.
I think we’re going to get a lot of great content out of them. Very, very charismatic people. Certainly not just a bunch of shallow airheads or anything like that.
That’s good.

Really, really pleased with the cast. But the show is still Big Brother. I don’t think you are automatically thinking it’s a … I wouldn’t move it fully into the dating category.
Sonia Kruger is the host of Big Brother
Sonia Kruger is the host of Big Brother (image – Channel 7)
I’m a little concerned, I will be honest, when I saw the singles, the application for singles. Look-

The one thing I will say on Big Brother, I’ll be really interested to see how the as live version goes in the UK-
That was my next question

… next year. We couldn’t, due to the schedules that we had to produce this next series, consider that. But I’ll be watching with interest because it’s certainly something we would consider going forward.
Okay, so this is an interesting point and I did want to ask about that and I probably spent too much time asking about Big Brother to be honest. But let’s just say-

I like it. You’re passionate.
Let’s just say this season doesn’t do great numbers or does on par with what it’s been doing and Big Brother goes off in the UK back to the original format, you would consider going and trying the live 24-hour turnaround?

Yeah, I mean, that would obviously have to be for calendar year ’24, but-
Of course.

… absolutely we’d do it. I’ll be watching with interest.
I don’t know if I’m hoping for success or your next series mate, to be honest.

Well, the House of Love will be coming in the back half of calendar year ’23. I mean, obviously we’ve got a bit of flexibility with it because it will be on the shelf and ready to go, but be a back half play for us.
And let’s be honest though, no matter how long, because I think shooting starts at the end of this month, no matter how long they’ve got it, even if they’ve got a year to edit it, they’ll still be doing it up until the last minute before it goes to air. We know.

Yes, you’re right. You’re correct.
One of the big-

I just look at the delivery schedule. Yes, you’re correct.

Back