Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

Bertrendo

Upfronts today! I really try to be optimistic each season but they make it extremely hard to do so… Big Brother: The House of Love

They did singles in 2005 but the difference was it wasn’t the overarching storyline, like this season will no doubt be. Maybe we’ll see less gameplay as I don’t know how romance and a heavy gameplay can work together.70434207-5FA2-459C-BF95-D9AFD64B26C7.jpeg

Upfronts today! I really try to be optimistic each season but they make it extremely hard to do so… Big Brother: The House of Love

They did singles in 2005 but the difference was it wasn’t the overarching storyline, like this season will no doubt be. Maybe we’ll see less gameplay as I don’t know how romance and a heavy gameplay can work together.View attachment 59351
Most twists are lucky to last a week anyway haha.

Well at least Big Brother UK is next year and that is the most excitement I've had for a Big Brother season in a long time!
I’ll shout this from the rooftops every time, but do check out BBCAN if you can stomach more strategy.

Live feeds are usually lit and the casts aren’t afraid to make big/stupid moves.

I’ll shout this from the rooftops every time, but do check out BBCAN if you can stomach more strategy.

Live feeds are usually lit and the casts aren’t afraid to make big/stupid moves.
I love Big Brother Canada! Canada really have perfected the format between personalities showing and gameplay. But I'm excited to see the original format being revived with the UK.

Even the US I enjoy because of the live feeds and how much you really end up rooting for your favourites like your life depends on it. Every English speaking series has something going for it bar one... cough cough.

Big Brother: House of Love
Everyone loves love and Big Brother is no exception. Next year he is putting a new spin on his pioneering reality television show with Big Brother: House of Love. Addictive, fun-filled and quite wicked, the new series on Channel 7 and 7plus will feature a house full of singles with Big Brother playing the mischievous cupid. Going back to basics, Big Brother: House of Love promises more character, more laughs and more fun. What will happen when a houseful of singles form romantic connections but then need to vote each other out? Hosted by Sonia Kruger, Big Brother: House of Love is produced by Endemol Shine Australia (a Banijay company) for the Seven Network.

How is "Going back to basics..." and "...need to vote each other out" in the same paragraph. I can already hear the dramatic remix of 'Everybody in the House of Love' playing in the promo 🤦‍♂️

And we’re stuck with this ugly logo as well
.4B5635DB-C55D-46D5-9F6A-CCBA62CD7F2A.jpeg

I predict this will be the final death knell for BB in this country. Noone asked for this hybrid of Survivor and Love Island. It's already bad enough that it's pre-recorded and scripted to the nth degree.
For this iteration, surely.

But no show in Australia ever truly dies.

What are the positives for going in this approach? They've had three years now of audiences and critics being generally negative in reception of the format. I don't think I've seen one positive comment about 'House of Love'. It's never a good thing when there is a part of your audience quite literally petitioning for change. Nobody prefers the pre-recorded series, nobody likes the physical challenges and nobody would rather survivor-in-a-shed. It's not a hard solution to turn things around in terms of critiscm, the answer has been preached by audiences over and over again. The marketability of Big Brother going back to the original social experiment is a goldmine!

Is it more expensive? yes, of course but if smaller countries with smaller viewership can produce live Big Brother it doesn't seem impossible for the biggest network in the country to do it either. Lets just pray the UK revival can show Seven it is a viable and needed alternative if they want the show to continue forth.

Back