Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Thanks for asking, Sweetgeek. Sadly I did have to call time on Friday morning. His condition was deteriorating. Getting more confused, peeing in random places. Not eating, and vomiting when he did. Local vets were reluctant to euthanise him (because Buddhist), and wanted to put him on antibiotics again, but I think the previous lot had only made him more miserable, and it wouldn't have helped the confusion. So I insisted it was time for him to go. And he went slowly and peacefully. I buried him in the empty lot/jungle next door, and can see him from my balcony, which is nice. Just so sad he lived such a short life - would only have turned three in October. But I'm glad I brought him with me so he could be comfortable and feel loved. I'm sad, but also relieved that he's not in pain any more. 😿
Oh timmy...I have no words. I'm devastated for you. 😭 I've been thinking of sweet River ever since you mentioned you were taking him to the vet. He's crossed the rainbow bridge now and is waiting for you...as I suspect are a lot of your former loves.

Thanks guys. I'm feeling his absence every day. Several weeks ago before I realised how bad things were, I ordered a little pump to use to make a fountain in his drink bowl, because I noticed him being a bit tentative about drinking from the bowl. I didn't realise why at the time, but later figured it was because his eyesight was failing. Just got a call from the couriers to go and collect it. :(

It's been ages since I've been in the lounge, like probably a decade :oops:
I forgot about it....
Sorry to hear about your loss Timmy, I know how it feels, its so horrible. I lost my kitty to cancer in 2017 and he was only 6 years old, then 2 weeks later my Mum passed away. My Mum was in her 90's and she was in palliative care for 6 months. Urgh horrible time that was.
Only now after 5 years am I just starting to consider getting another kitty. Wish I could get my Mum back :(

Anyway I'm glad to have stumbled back in here again :)

Oh hey girl. At least you have good genetics to get you this far. Definitely get the Botox. Well if you decide you want to that is.
Oh it definitely is something I want to do. I have friends who recommend how much to do and who to go to and I’ll be honest, I don’t like most of who they go to, they have the “Botox look”. Except for one, she looks effortless, she’s English and won’t reveal a thing to me. I am going to snake it out of her on who she sees because they do an amazing job. Maybe it’s how it’s done, where they insert it, I really need to do my research before jumping into it.

Thanks guys. I'm feeling his absence every day. Several weeks ago before I realised how bad things were, I ordered a little pump to use to make a fountain in his drink bowl, because I noticed him being a bit tentative about drinking from the bowl. I didn't realise why at the time, but later figured it was because his eyesight was failing. Just got a call from the couriers to go and collect it. :(
So sorry Timmy. Much love brother xxxxx

Oh it definitely is something I want to do. I have friends who recommend how much to do and who to go to and I’ll be honest, I don’t like most of who they go to, they have the “Botox look”. Except for one, she looks effortless, she’s English and won’t reveal a thing to me. I am going to snake it out of her on who she sees because they do an amazing job. Maybe it’s how it’s done, where they insert it, I really need to do my research before jumping into it.
You always have complete control (or should) you tell them you still want some animation they should reduce dosage for you!

So many reputable places, just research and look for bad reviews. Cheaper doesn’t always mean bad either, some places can just buy in bulk amounts due to being a big chain. It’s very realistic I feel to achieve a natural result, there is always someone who says they can always tell and it’s so obvious and why would people do that etc, but what they actually mean is that they can spot the more noticeable/obvious cases. I don’t want to say the bad ones because some people like that look and seek it out, but it’s also very avoidable. Well not speaking professionally here, just as a consumer.

You always have complete control (or should) you tell them you still want some animation they should reduce dosage for you!
So many reputable places, just research and look for bad reviews. Cheaper doesn’t always mean bad either, some places can just buy in bulk amounts due to being a big chain. It’s very realistic I feel to achieve a natural result, there is always someone who says they can always tell and it’s so obvious and why would people do that etc, but what they actually mean is that they can spot the more noticeable/obvious cases. I don’t want to say the bad ones because some people like that look and seek it out, but it’s also very avoidable. Well not speaking professionally here, just as a consumer.
I should be more careful in my use of words. Many do like that look and go for it and love it. I wasn’t meaning that look btw. What I mean to say is some of the looks I don’t want is some have this bloated look, like their face looks puffy. Maybe it’s diet related, fluctuating of weight, I don’t know, but that’s what I mean when I say the Botox look. I have found a few places close to home, in the hills area. They all seem to be on par with price, except one guy- however he is extremely highly rated it would seem and has a bit of a following. One place I seem to be drawn to is the place where I did some laser to help with pigmentation once upon a time. I was given a gift voucher for a facial and when I went there they had a deal on pigmentation removal. So I asked to swap my facial for that and then went back a few more times to get more removed. That was roughly 4 years ago though.

I should be more careful in my use of words. Many do like that look and go for it and love it. I wasn’t meaning that look btw. What I mean to say is some of the looks I don’t want is some have this bloated look, like their face looks puffy. Maybe it’s diet related, fluctuating of weight, I don’t know, but that’s what I mean when I say the Botox look. I have found a few places close to home, in the hills area. They all seem to be on par with price, except one guy- however he is extremely highly rated it would seem and has a bit of a following. One place I seem to be drawn to is the place where I did some laser to help with pigmentation once upon a time. I was given a gift voucher for a facial and when I went there they had a deal on pigmentation removal. So I asked to swap my facial for that and then went back a few more times to get more removed. That was roughly 4 years ago though.

Oh yes just to clear I wasn’t at all suggesting you were one of “those” people; they are usually people who have a weird disdain for cosmetic procedures, just highlighting that it can still look extremely subtle and natural if that’s your concern. I do know the puffy face look though, Kim Kardashian is prone to this, but would take a lot to achieve that look!

I guess you want your first experience to be positive so someone very highly recommended and regarded could be good. But majority of places/people will be good I feel. Definitely if it’s somewhere where you already have had a good experience.

That would be more filler related, the puffy look usually too much volume in the apples of cheeks, can make their eyes squinty too!
With females we do try and restore some volume loss, but I always say, it costs a lot of money to look that bad!

If you want to dabble go to someone that has a good reputation, ask for one area to begin with, if it’s frown they will usually try to do forehead as well to elevate and that’s ok you don’t want to feel heavy, but ask for baby Botox, so it’s lower than standard doses, express your concern, Botox isn’t for everyone but doesn’t hurt to try, start small!

I always say the best injection you get is the one no one notices, you just want to look refreshed, and if you like it you can build gradually until you find the dose right for you, can always add more but can’t take it away (well it will metabolise in 3-4 months)

That would be more filler related, the puffy look usually too much volume in the apples of cheeks, can make their eyes squinty too!
With females we do try and restore some volume loss, but I always say, it costs a lot of money to look that bad!

If you want to dabble go to someone that has a good reputation, ask for one area to begin with, if it’s frown they will usually try to do forehead as well to elevate and that’s ok you don’t want to feel heavy, but ask for baby Botox, so it’s lower than standard doses, express your concern, Botox isn’t for everyone but doesn’t hurt to try, start small!

I always say the best injection you get is the one no one notices, you just want to look refreshed, and if you like it you can build gradually until you find the dose right for you, can always add more but can’t take it away (well it will metabolise in 3-4 months)
Thanks for this info. I really do appreciate it. I def want to start with my eyebrow and forehead area. Unfortunately I am getting that line between my eyebrows on my forehead, specifically one side is more than the other near the inner brow, probably the normal squinting/frowning is the cause of it. And aging in general. All this info has been great though and has eased some of my concerns only because you aren’t the ones selling me the treatment and also because you provided me with the questions I needed to ask but I didn’t know what it was I wanted to ask.

Thanks for this info. I really do appreciate it. I def want to start with my eyebrow and forehead area. Unfortunately I am getting that line between my eyebrows on my forehead, specifically one side is more than the other near the inner brow, probably the normal squinting/frowning is the cause of it. And aging in general. All this info has been great though and has eased some of my concerns only because you aren’t the ones selling me the treatment and also because you provided me with the questions I needed to ask but I didn’t know what it was I wanted to ask.
It’s completely normal the static and dynamic lines described especially one being stronger than other, we not symmetrical and one side of our face is definitely stronger, I have one muscle on right side of my brow I have more tox in than my whole face just there, that’s how strong it is!

That’s a good point you bring up, I’m not a sales person, I’m a medical professional, that comes first and foremost especially when it comes to ethics, which to the dismay of my bosses and my commission 😂 a lot do work commission based so just be wary of upselling, but if you come in armed with knowledge they will be more inclined to do what you want.

I always suggest consultation first then if you get a feeling you can treat one day, if not you can go away and think, one of the questions I ask is why are you considering this treatment, and you’d be surprised at how many people say my daughter says I should or my friend said I should, and I say but do you want to because at the end of the day if you not doing it for yourself then maybe you need to think about it.

It’s completely normal the static and dynamic lines described especially one being stronger than other, we not symmetrical and one side of our face is definitely stronger, I have one muscle on right side of my brow I have more tox in than my whole face just there, that’s how strong it is!

That’s a good point you bring up, I’m not a sales person, I’m a medical professional, that comes first and foremost especially when it comes to ethics, which to the dismay of my bosses and my commission 😂 a lot do work commission based so just be wary of upselling, but if you come in armed with knowledge they will be more inclined to do what you want.

I always suggest consultation first then if you get a feeling you can treat one day, if not you can go away and think, one of the questions I ask is why are you considering this treatment, and you’d be surprised at how many people say my daughter says I should or my friend said I should, and I say but do you want to because at the end of the day if you not doing it for yourself then maybe you need to think about it.
Thanks for all this. I think it’s good that the well being of your clients come first. I would think this means you have more loyal clients than most and they continue to come back. It’s so hard to find someone you can commit to these days for anything. I’ve used to change hairdressers so many times and finally found the one that suited me and I vibed with. I will now go wherever she goes if I need her. So I have no doubt you have your committed clients only wanting you because they feel comfortable and know they are not just another quick dollar sign.

Thanks for all this. I think it’s good that the well being of your clients come first. I would think this means you have more loyal clients than most and they continue to come back. It’s so hard to find someone you can commit to these days for anything. I’ve used to change hairdressers so many times and finally found the one that suited me and I vibed with. I will now go wherever she goes if I need her. So I have no doubt you have your committed clients only wanting you because they feel comfortable and know they are not just another quick dollar sign.
That’s why I always recommend shopping around not because of price but to see who you gel with.

I personally like to have my own clients, I for years worked at a different clinic where we offered more than just s4 injectables, where I work now I’m purely for injecting toxin and dermal filler, we have therapist for other treatments and we don’t offer anything with blood products like I used to do.

The people coming in for PRP were mostly great and I’d see them monthly and we got a really good relationship which lead them to come back for other treatments, I always make it a collaborative process, not just paint by numbers, they are in control to a certain extent, I enjoy that part a lot.

I have only been with my new work for a few months so taking awhile to build those relationships but getting there, but you always have those that don’t care who they see as long as it gets done, and that’s fine but yeah I like getting to know people, more than an in and out service!

loving your insights mutts, so knowledgeable and professional @Sweetgeek let’s both just go to mutley.

I am definitely guilty of being the type of person who doesn’t care who they see. I was more into facial design a few years ago and had one nurse who I loved and trusted blindly and was so happy with the results, but then I felt ok to just get anti wrinkle top ups from wherever. In saying that, I did have a less than favourable experience from getting filler from a random, so maybe I’ve learnt my lesson. But ironically enough I think I will go back to her because she is no longer a random and is proving to be awesome.

Yet to get injectables from a dentist though…

Well it's been another devastating week for me. I went down to Phnom Penh to visit friends and animals, and was particularly looking forward to being reunited with my little friend Lucky Licky at the pagoda. It was only after I arrived I learned he'd died three weeks ago, and nobody had told me.

He and his two siblings all had chronic kidney disease. Buddy died in September and Lucy Titswobble followed at the same time I moved to Siem Reap at the start of March.

As crushed as I am, I'm not looking for sympathy, but I'd like you to enjoy this short clip of the three of them in 2020, at the peak of their short lives. I hope they are playing together again over the rainbow bridge.

The all-tan one is Lucy, Lucky Licky is the lighter boy, and Buddy the darker one. These were my names for them. I didn't know their Khmer names except for Lucy's which was Sruoch, which means sharp, a reference to her pointy nose. Cute.

O
Well it's been another devastating week for me. I went down to Phnom Penh to visit friends and animals, and was particularly looking forward to being reunited with my little friend Lucky Licky at the pagoda. It was only after I arrived I learned he'd died three weeks ago, and nobody had told me.

He and his two siblings all had chronic kidney disease. Buddy died in September and Lucy Titswobble followed at the same time I moved to Siem Reap at the start of March.

As crushed as I am, I'm not looking for sympathy, but I'd like you to enjoy this short clip of the three of them in 2020, at the peak of their short lives. I hope they are playing together again over the rainbow bridge.

The all-tan one is Lucy, Lucky Licky is the lighter boy, and Buddy the darker one. These were my names for them. I didn't know their Khmer names except for Lucy's which was Sruoch, which means sharp, a reference to her pointy nose. Cute.

Oh Timmy… I am sorry. I wish you well and I hope they are indeed playing together somewhere over the rainbow bridge. Maybe they will meet my Pepper there sometime.

Back