Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

I agree… This could have been a lot worse. I filed a police report this morning and I believe the area where it happened had CCTV. Fingers crossed it leads to something.
If you don't remember leaving the bar, could your drink have been spiked? Or were you just quite far gone (no judgement)?

So I’m pretty lucky to have survived this relatively unharmed but I was a victim of a random pepper spray attack last night on my way home from a friends bachelorette party. Since COVID random acts of violence have been quite common in our downtown core. I have no memory of leaving the bar or how the attack happened.

How terrifying! But glad to hear you are ok physically!

So I’m pretty lucky to have survived this relatively unharmed but I was a victim of a random pepper spray attack last night on my way home from a friends bachelorette party. Since COVID random acts of violence have been quite common in our downtown core. I have no memory of leaving the bar or how the attack happened.

Wow I don't ever hear of that sort of thing happening down here, I mean were does one get hold of pepper spray in the first place, it's not the sort of thing you can just go down to your local supermarket and buy??? Around here it's only used by the police on offenders...

I agree… This could have been a lot worse. I filed a police report this morning and I believe the area where it happened had CCTV. Fingers crossed it leads to something.

Yes best thing to do is get on it as soon as possible, try and obtain all possible CCTV from around the area where it happened. There could be many places even private properties that have CCTV camera's in that area. Even try getting CCTV starting from the bar where you were i'm sure they would have many indoor and outdoor camera's there for security.

I hope your ok mate and I do hope they catch up with the offender that done it.

Wow I don't ever hear of that sort of thing happening down here, I mean were does one get hold of pepper spray in the first place, it's not the sort of thing you can just go down to your local supermarket and buy??? Around here it's only used by the police on offenders...
So I believe it was actually bear spray which is a more potent formula and more widely available than regular pepper spray. You can buy it in stores here or order it online.

Well that‘s a bit odd - isn‘t it?
Unless you drank a whole full size of vodka?
Can you be sure your drink wasn‘t spiked?

Does bear spray contain memory affecting chemicals?

Anyway hope you are ok & recovering.
Very odd.
Sounds like a drink spiking to me.
Hope you're feeling better and get some answers from your friends.

Well that‘s a bit odd - isn‘t it?
Unless you drank a whole full size of vodka?
Can you be sure your drink wasn‘t spiked?

Does bear spray contain memory affecting chemicals?

Anyway hope you are ok & recovering.
No it doesn’t. I’m honestly not sure if my drink was spiked but I’m assuming this was just a blackout. I guess it’s possible as most of the time from this bar is a blur. I also barely drink these days so it’s very possible that I was just drinking too much.

Thanks. If you’re worried about PTSD I’m fine. I’ve had much worse done to me and it’s not stopped me. I’ll just need to be more cautious in the future.
So is it the case of danger finds you or you find danger? (Is it too soon to joke? Maybe)

Btw, stopped watching shameless. One of the main characters left and I was already heading in the direction of losing interest so it was bound to happen. I have a thing for lip. He is completely an asshole but I still found myself wanting him to achieve more. It’s the whole he is intelligent but wastes opportunities thing. They really ruined Ian’s character development imo. Fiona was headed for a crash. Debbie is annoying but she starts to get a better development so good for her, I still find what she did unforgivable. It’s still early days for carl, but I don’t mind him. Kev and V- that whole thing became a mess and weird- effed up actually. Frank is amazing to watch but the latest stuff was kind of getting a bit too much and you can tell they’re running out of material. But I’m kind of over it now.

I will start watching suits next week. I’m over indulging this week, have way too many plans going out, and plan to spend ridiculous amounts on materialistic stuff.

So I believe it was actually bear spray which is a more potent formula and more widely available than regular pepper spray. You can buy it in stores here or order it online.

Gees I had to do an online search for this "bear spray" that you mentioned, so it's intended use is for bears but it's prohibited from use on humans. Well that doesn't stop these imbeciles from using stuff like this on you that night!

Yes be careful of your drinks when out and about you just never know what happens and what some mongrel might throw in your drink in a split second when you turn around and are not constantly watching your drink, also if your drinking for a while you probably won't be as aware if something is happening to your drink. It does happen all the time you really can't trust anyone when your out at these places.

I remember many years ago I had a drink literally sitting right in front of me at a bar I swear I never ventured far away from our table with my mates. Anyway when I took another sip of my drink I thought hmmm this tastes a bit weird. Anyway it seems some passer by in the club decided to quickly use my drink as an ashtray and must have flicked their cigarette ash in my drink. Luckily that's all they put in my drink, I knew as soon as I had a sip it sort of tasted and smelt like tobacco. I think after that I stuck to drinking beer from the original bottle and the drink never left my hand or my sight for the rest of the night at this place.

Back