Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

I saw Moulin Rouge in Sydney last night.

GREAT show. The sets and staging are mesmerising. So much to see it’s hard to know where to look at times. Typical Baz Luhrmann. The cast were great and I love that they have updated to more modern songs. Brilliant 👏🏽

In sad news I had to put my 15yo dog down on Friday afternoon. It’s so silly to me, they’re just pets… but they really do become a member of the family and the grief of losing them is hard 💔🥺

Oh so sorry to hear. Definitely not “just” a pet, and 15 years is a long time!! Your grief is extremely valid.

I saw Moulin Rouge in Sydney last night.

GREAT show. The sets and staging are mesmerising. So much to see it’s hard to know where to look at times. Typical Baz Luhrmann. The cast were great and I love that they have updated to more modern songs. Brilliant 👏🏽

I saw it last night too Bleachy! It was brilliant! The whole set and staging was fucking unreal. Such a good show.

Also sorry to hear about your dog mate, very sad news! 💚

I saw it last night too Bleachy! It was brilliant! The whole set and staging was fucking unreal. Such a good show.

Also sorry to hear about your dog mate, very sad news! 💚
Oh we could have bumped into each other haha!

Thanks for the love folks ❤️

In sad news I had to put my 15yo dog down on Friday afternoon. It’s so silly to me, they’re just pets… but they really do become a member of the family and the grief of losing them is hard 💔🥺
Oh so sorry Bleachy. I hope you are doing ok. They are definitely part of the family.

I cried HEAPS when Pepper left in mid May.
We still light a candle for her at night most nights.

And we actually took her on one of her favourite walks in the forest today and scattered some of her ashes.

Oh so sorry Bleachy. I hope you are doing ok. They are definitely part of the family.

I cried HEAPS when Pepper left in mid May.
We still light a candle for her at night most nights.

And we actually took her on one of her favourite walks in the forest today and scattered some of her ashes.
Thanks x

The vet asked if we wanted her ashes back. I couldn’t deal so we said no. That’s a lovely idea though to scatter the ashes on a walk. 🤗

I can’t deny that it’s not that hard to get my crying, but I’ve shed my fair share of tears over the last couple of days.

They are so family members, and you have every right to grieve.
My cat was 21 when we had to put him to sleep. He went blind over night, and the vet thinks he had a stroke. Poor wee thing. It took me 6 years to be able to drive past the vets where he was put to sleep without crying.
He's buried in between the trees in the garden, with a buddha above to mark the spot.

Thanks x

The vet asked if we wanted her ashes back. I couldn’t deal so we said no. That’s a lovely idea though to scatter the ashes on a walk. 🤗

I can’t deny that it’s not that hard to get my crying, but I’ve shed my fair share of tears over the last couple of days.
I wish we'd had Jasper cremated. I used to get upset when we watered the garden knowing he was down there. 😓

So sorry @bleachy_dude. Just like everyone else’s sentiments, they are most certainly like family. They are normally the first ones to greet you when you come home, or the only ones to greet you sometimes because the human kind are too busy. Hope each day gets a little easier ❤️

Sounds like moulin rouge was a hit with some of you guys. I was contemplating whether to go. The last stage show I watched was for my kids birthday- Charlie and the chocolate factory. A while back! They loved it and I generally enjoy theatre. As a family we used to go every once in a while. But then covid happened and everything stopped. I haven’t even gone to a movie for over two years now.

Sounds like moulin rouge was a hit with some of you guys. I was contemplating whether to go. The last stage show I watched was for my kids birthday- Charlie and the chocolate factory. A while back! They loved it and I generally enjoy theatre. As a family we used to go every once in a while. But then covid happened and everything stopped. I haven’t even gone to a movie for over two years now.
I'd love to see that. No chance though. :(

I've still got Gold Class Vouchers we were given for Christmas 2019. Thankfully the expiry date was extended. But there's nothing we want to see just now.
Gold Class is the kiss of death for me - big reclining seat, glass of wine, dim lighting = View attachment 59238
The staff seeing you once the movie is over and unsure whether to wake you would be quite funny 😂

Because you’re not in Australia atm?
If it were possible to record these and you pay to watch. But wouldn’t have the same feel as seeing it live in action
Yeah I'm 7000km away, unfortunately. And you're right, it wouldn't be the same without the massive sound system and being enveloped in it all.

Yeah I'm 7000km away, unfortunately. And you're right, it wouldn't be the same without the massive sound system and being enveloped in it all.
Definitely not, I always go peek at the orchestra hidden under while the stage performance is taking place because I absolutely love watching the music come to life and the sounds with the vibrations are something else.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but You don’t stay in one place for long?

Back