Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Promos and other news (includes spoilers)

So do we know if Chrissie Swan queen and Reggie got their reunion at the Logies?

I was wondering too and thankfully Estelle said in the live Instagram chat she was having last night with Dave and Tully that they did.

I'm just bummed we have no audio or video or photos of it. I wonder when it was that Chrissie and Reg last spoke before that too and if they keep in any regular touch or not.
And here is some video that Reg posted on her Twitter.

More on Instagram

Last edited:
Yep. Watch the final of 2003 Big Brother and you'll see her with Reg. You can find all other episodes on YouTube too.

Reg still in her 20s here. Crazy! I know we didn’t have HD in 2003 but that looks like it was shot with a potato haha. I guess it’s a VHS upload and channel 7 thought it was cool to take clips directly from that 🤣

The show we have now can barely be called Big Brother. There’s just no comparison. It was such an event then.

The only way a newbie would stand a chance is with a split vote between two OGs really. If you're a newbie and have the option to evict another newbie or an OG in a final 4 of two each you might be better off evicting the newbie.

The only way a newbie would stand a chance is with a split vote between two OGs really. If you're a newbie and have the option to evict another newbie or an OG in a final 4 of two each you might be better off evicting the newbie.
The best case at a split vote would be doable amongst the OGs as long as Reggie and Tim weren't there. Reggie would have a general backing but Tim would have a lot of support from the younger viewers.

My only concern with Reggie not being 100% assured a win is that the vast majority of viewers are undeniably viewers from the Channel 9 era. A lot of those who vote probably didn't even know who Reggie was until this year.

The best case at a split vote would be doable amongst the OGs as long as Reggie and Tim weren't there. Reggie would have a general backing but Tim would have a lot of support from the younger viewers.

My only concern with Reggie not being 100% assured a win is that the vast majority of viewers are undeniably viewers from the Channel 9 era. A lot of those who vote probably didn't even know who Reggie was until this year.

She has a lot of support on the BB Facebook and Instagram page and a lot of people seem to be fans all the way back from the channel Ten days. I don't see many young people commenting on BB's social media. I think Reggie's win is pretty certain if she makes the final.

She has a lot of support on the BB Facebook and Instagram page and a lot of people seem to be fans all the way back from the channel Ten days. I don't see many young people commenting on BB's social media. I think Reggie's win is pretty certain if she makes the final.
I really hope you're right. But if she's to lose to a newbie the only one I'm happy for her to is Taras. Based on the pool of housemates involved in finale rumours.

I really hope you're right. But if she's to lose to a newbie the only one I'm happy for her to is Taras. Based on the pool of housemates involved in finale rumours.

I felt the same before this week but I think the edit he has received this week has ruined any chance he had of winning.

I felt the same before this week but I think the edit he has received this week has ruined any chance he had of winning.
I may be reading into things too much, but I feel like Taras and Johnson's edits have been strongly catered to Reggie winning. Given that we have an inkling of there being missing information from the Tully boot I would argue that Taras' so called "villain edit" is a ploy by the editing team to paint him in a negative light to favour voting Reggie over him at the finale. Just like showing Johnson to be entitled and cringeworthy where possible.

Jaycee and Gabbie wouldn't received such quiet edits if they made it to the finale. Estelle, Drew and Tim have all had their fair share of negativity as well within the edit, and ideally for Reggie its best she was the only OG anyway at the final three. The story being told is the story of why not to vote for anyone else but Reggie.

Am I mad? Not really tbh. I never expected this to be edited fairly and I want a Reggie win. Had there been no OGs Gabbie and Taras would have had my support.

I’ll stand by it. We, as fans, can’t complain about people like Chad and Marley winning or about HMs who don’t actually play the game getting to the end of this new GAME-specific version of the show, but then also want Reggie to win just because she’s Reggie and has a “sob story” (which btw is NOT a critiscm, I’m just using that in line with Chad and Marley’s edits).

If you want Reggie to win 2022, then you can’t really say the 2020 and 2021 winners were the wrong choice too. It’s essentially giving in to everything wrong with the concept of the new format just because it’s now convenient for you to.

The winner should be the person who played the game the best. Conclusively, Reggie has not. She’s simply riding it through (as did Chad and Marley). There’s a difference.

Controversial opinion but sorry not sorry.

Back