Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 16 Discussion (8 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG will eventually knife Tim?

• Reggie

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Estelle

Votes: 43 55.8%
  • Tully

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Drew

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
This is honestly the shit he is still posting… this stuff is beyone the game shit

Let me be a devils advocate here ...

It is hard to comment on stuff like this unless one knows the full back-story. For example, we don't know who the so called "villains that she needed" are and what roles they played. Tim is being careful and candid here by not being more specific, which, I believe, shows that he is mindful of what he is posting. In other words, if he were to elaborate more, then it could be hurtful. That said, he should probably cut his losses and just stop posting. Leave it alone. The hole he has dug for himself is already deep and there is no sense in continuing to hold the shovel.

I’m convinced Tim doesn’t make the finale, otherwise he’d know better than to suddenly flip the switch and behave like this online - in front of the voting audience. If that’s the case, he has nothing to lose by doing this now.

I have always been a fan - and still think he’s a genius and absolutely fantastic at playing this version of Big Brother - but his recent social media remarks have lost me.

Agree 💯

It is hard to comment on stuff like this unless one knows the full back-story. For example, we don't know who the so called "villains that she needed" are and what roles they played. Tim is being careful and candid here by not being more specific, which, I believe, shows that he is mindful of what he is posting. In other words, if he were to elaborate more, then it could be hurtful. That said, he should probably cut his losses and just stop posting. Leave it alone. The hole he has dug for himself is already deep and there is no sense in continuing to hold the shovel.

It's obvious that he is referring to Ben and company from Estelle's original season. He doesn't have to say it explicitly.

The fact that Tim is trying to frame himself as the “victim” in this scenario, on the back of his Amber Heard tweet, in an effort to garner sympathy, and that he doesn’t see anything wrong with that rhetoric, just goes to show he has a massive blindspot. Once again, it’s coercive and manipulative, with zero remorse or enlightenment.

I wish everyone still in the game as this show is screening, would shut the fuck up and get off twitter, and save their comments for their "exit interviews" and have whatever feuds they want to have on twitter et al, after the show is over for us, the viewing audience.

This is honestly the shit he is still posting… this stuff is beyone the game shit

He acted poorly, he displayed bad behaviour and had it called out, or even just noticed. So he is claiming victim status? His frustration is with himself, but he is such a narcissist he can't accept the consequences or take responsibility for his actions. It is so childish.

His whole spat on the eviction couches last night seemed to boil down to him complaining that you don't like dishonesty and lying. Blaming you for having such an "extreme" position because it makes him bad for lying and being dishonest.

He needs to take some responsibility. From whatever ignorant perspective I have as a viewer. I think it comes down to a central point of not being able to consider other people's feelings. A lack of empathy. It's not surprising though. It is all throughout his history on the show. He couldn't be happy for Drew and Tully, or Drew and Sam. It becomes about what he wants. What suits him.

He knows he's wrong and being bad to people, he seems to enjoy that. Doesn't want to be called out for his bad behaviour and thinks that's a greater injustice to him, than what he did to others. As he is the only important person, the only person whose feelings matter.

I think it’s fair to say male HMs have an advantage, with the challenges over all, but also the age-old way that social dynamics work, favouring “alpha” males whilst smart, strategic or loud women are seen as a threat. Tim is well aware of the eviction patterns of past seasons and the moving parts of the social structure in the house, and he exploits all of that. Props to him for that I guess, he’s not trying to blaze a new trail of gender equality and inclusion, but he’s “playing the game” as they say.

Tim is one of those people who loves to get a reaction, he’ll identify a weakness or sore point in others and he’ll pick away at it until the subject of his persistence cracks. His favourite victims are people who are emotional and reactive, and they’re usually female. The gaslighting comes into play when he then tries to backpeddle and claim he was just trying to be honest, or just trying to help, blah blah (eg. the lolly jar). This is actually low-level abusive, the first little seeds that are sown to make someone doubt themselves, or to socially isolate them by making others doubt them - textbook coersive control - and he does get away with it. He’s exploiting gender bias and inequality by reading the room and deciding what he can get away with, and what he can’t, and then going for it. And Tim is a shrewd operator, so I don’t for a minute think he’s doing it unconsciously, his mind is always on the game. Except he has a huge blindspot in his strategy when it comes to attractive guys. He was trying to persuade the other OGs to save Joel, even though he was a strong adversary. Same goes for Drew.

When I saw Tim’s Amber Heard tweet, I was disgusted by his flippancy. The fact that he thought it was clever or funny or would be well received by his followers reveals his privilege. As a woman, reading in the news every day of other women who have been hurt, or even murdered, in their own homes by men they loved and trusted and invested their lives in, just devastates me. I actually know someone, a lovely, generous person, trapped in an abusive relationship whose life and happiness have been completely ruined by her husband. So no, Amber Heard jokes are completely unacceptable, and it was Tim’s male privilege that made him think it was funny and that other people would think it was okay. And he does get away with it, deleting a tweet isn’t penance.
This is so well put - i agree on most of this. thank you for summarising it so well

this too. he is very particular with what he is posting and 100% if he was being a 'loose cannon' it would be more hurtful. at what point does it stop?! you can't keep lashing out and at people without some kind of consquence?

Maybe Tim's aim is to show why having the housemates on social media during airing rather than it being a live show is a really bad idea?

It's kind of telling as well on housemate dynamics by the time these HMs get evicted.

I’m convinced Tim doesn’t make the finale, otherwise he’d know better than to suddenly flip the switch and behave like this online - in front of the voting audience. If that’s the case, he has nothing to lose by doing this now.
I would hate to think he's doing it because Estelle makes the finale, and he's trying to undermine her and put voters off her. Pure speculation ofc.

Back