Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 15 Discussion (7 Jun, 7:30pm)

How do you feel about Sam's real eviction from the house?

• Happy!

Votes: 48 84.2%
  • Sad!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed!

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
I really respect Estelle. The way she handled herself the first time round was pure class. She was never mean or backstabbed anyone, even when certain housemates (B and M) tried to turn the house against her. I mean they even tried to stop her friendship with Ava. I really felt for her.I found the way a lot of the housemates treated her was really abhorrent. She's a strong person, putting up with all that crap. She deserved to win! I'm so glad she has come back this time!

Ben and Stacey plotting to separate Ava and Estelle pissed me off so much. Here's some artwork from the time. I'm pretty sure that is a direct quote.

We watched Estelle get treated so poorly. All the people she was close to leave the house, isolating her more. Then lovely Ava comes in and they genuinely bond and become friends. Then the bad people's reaction is, "well Estelle can't have a friend and be happy." It was horrid.

legiondoom.jpg

Yes, this does make sense, @Estelle.Landy . In fact, for me personally, you have made me see the lollies incident far better and with proper context.

On the show, the lollies got confiscated by Big Brother, and then they showed you "complaining" about that. Well, that is how it looked to me when I watched it. The show made it look like you were upset that your lollies had been taken away (ie, it IS about the lollies), and it looked to me like Tim was trying to give you advice that you should let that slide or else risk looking like a priviledged little complaining kid which could put a target on your back. Especially considering they showed a bewildered look on Tim's face when you retorted and defended yourself. But, in your post, you have provided some additional details that I / we, the viewer, were not necessarily aware of. As a result, that incident takes on a whole different light to me now. And, ha, I had actually forgotten that Tim (and Aleisha) had eaten KFC in the diary room, which do make his comments to you look a bit hypocritical indeed.

Your post here, and the other details you mention in it about food eating, left overs stealing, being told you cannot hang in the yard by a housemate, etc ... really do highlight the importance that viewers should really be shown unedited content, HM conversations, and everything else possible, ala the good 'ol days. Without that background stuff, context is lost, and certain HMs can be made to look either good or bad by the production editing. So much for the public voting a "worthy" winner at the end, eh.

In summary, nice post, yes it makes sense, thanks for the context and additional info, and keep doing what you're doing and posting what your posting cos you're doing a fine job of it.

It's interesting how different people view it. To me, it was very clear that Estelle was upset at the lack of respect. Even if it was Drew not thinking and being selfish. A level of respect should have been there to begin with to prevent that. I also think BB was in the wrong for punishing Estelle for Drew's mistake.

Tim was trying to gaslight her and make it about her being upset over something silly like lollies. Not listening to what she was saying. Trying to explain away the wrong that was done to her. Trying to convince her she was been immature, selfish and wrong. When she is the aggrieved person. She had been wronged. She had lost out. She had been disrespected and Tim was trying to make her feel bad and wrong for feeling that way. Trying to reframe the entire situation for the other housemates as Estelle being unreasonable.

It reminded me of the bullying she had in her season when people went out of their way to ensure she had nothing nice in the house. Even when it didn't affect them.

Drew also, his actions was also trying to reframe his wrong as being an Estelle issue. He was not a man, he was a child. How hard is it for a simple, "Sorry I fucked up."

I wonder if this is a similar situation to how different people viewed wheat happened with Estelle in different ways in her original season.

I hope people aren't swayed by how good a strategic/manipulative player Tim is, so that they can't see that he often crosses the line in the way he treats people, even those who consider him a friend.

He was undoubtedly gaslighting Estelle in the episode tonight, trying to make it seem like she was being unreasonable over a jar of lollies.
And then when someone pushes back, he carries it over into real life.

I'm sure there is a whole lot more to it than what we see, and it may well just be a character he's portraying, but it doesn't come across well.
Yes, i agree. I always found Tim to have a slight nasty streak if things weren't going his way, almost like a spoilt child. The tweet sort of justified that feeling.

Ben and Stacey plotting to separate Ava and Estelle pissed me off so much. Here's some artwork from the time. I'm pretty sure that is a direct quote.

We watched Estelle get treated so poorly. All the people she was close to leave the house, isolating her more. Then lovely Ava comes in and they genuinely bond and become friends. Then the bad people's reaction is, "well Estelle can't have a friend and be happy." It was horrid.

View attachment 58343
Yeah i really cannot believe he has stooped talking about 2012 & Norris. Totally gaslighting my whole experience that he himself said he was “emailing producers” to be put in to save me. 🙄
Regardless of how not friends we are he would never speak the Heard comment out of his mouth.

Yes, this does make sense, @Estelle.Landy . In fact, for me personally, you have made me see the lollies incident far better and with proper context.

On the show, the lollies got confiscated by Big Brother, and then they showed you "complaining" about that. Well, that is how it looked to me when I watched it. The show made it look like you were upset that your lollies had been taken away (ie, it IS about the lollies), and it looked to me like Tim was trying to give you advice that you should let that slide or else risk looking like a priviledged little complaining kid which could put a target on your back. Especially considering they showed a bewildered look on Tim's face when you retorted and defended yourself. But, in your post, you have provided some additional details that I / we, the viewer, were not necessarily aware of. As a result, that incident takes on a whole different light to me now. And, ha, I had actually forgotten that Tim (and Aleisha) had eaten KFC in the diary room, which do make his comments to you look a bit hypocritical indeed.

Your post here, and the other details you mention in it about food eating, left overs stealing, being told you cannot hang in the yard by a housemate, etc ... really do highlight the importance that viewers should really be shown unedited content, HM conversations, and everything else possible, ala the good 'ol days. Without that background stuff, context is lost, and certain HMs can be made to look either good or bad by the production editing. So much for the public voting a "worthy" winner at the end, eh.

In summary, nice post, yes it makes sense, thanks for the context and additional info, and keep doing what you're doing and posting what your posting cos you're doing a fine job of it.
To me, it looked like Tim was setting up a 'stir session' with Estelle, after the chat he had with Drew to get Estelle to go.

…this is the good news (for me anyway lol!)…

…2)… when I had my major stroke in February 2019… (it was 50/50 at one time whether I lived or died)… it left me totally paralysed down my right hand side from top to bottom (hence why I’m now confined to a wheelchair)… I lost my driving licence too (which obviously is mandatory)… well… after fighting back and trying to get myself back to good again (and soooooooo much hard physio exercises for all that time)… I’ve progressed so far that today that my Doctor sent a form in the the ‘Transport Department’ to tell them that I’m fit enough to go and try to get my license back!… now all I’ve got to do is go for driving lessons for hand control driving as I still can’t use my right leg… I’m going to have to get my car changed over to hand controls too… but stuffit… after all that hard work I’m one step closer to driving again… I’m hoping that by Chritmas that I’ll finally be driving my car again… woohoo!… cheers
When I was visiting FDR’s Presidential library they have his car that he drove. If he can figure out how to drive even a little bit with polio and in a wheelchair and with all the modern technology we have now, I’m sure you’re going to be driving around all of Australia soon.
She won’t win. I hope it’ll be a Newbie.
From what little I know of Australia, the public will vote the lady going blind to win. The public in Australia doesn’t care that much about the game/ strategy from the ratings. But if it comes down to Reggie in the final three, people will vote for her. 100%.

Wow. Look at the trash Tim just posted to Twitter. Estelle, Lulu, Tully and Taras give updates and answer questions about things that happen on the inside of the house up until where we are in the program and Tim just blurts out this.

Ok I’m done with Tim now. That’s horrible. He should delete that tweet and apologize. Unforgivable.

Was Drew smarmy last time? I find it hard to believe I thought he was a good guy.
Yes. There were several times he was shown reporting on a conversation to the person it was about. He liked stirring up trouble.

So much of his story was about Tully and Tim that we didn’t see much of his smarmy side. He also was the alternative to the guys like Caleb, Matt, and Ed so he came off better.

Plus his actions were more acceptable in a younger guy. His thing now with Sam was a gross set-up.

Yes. There were several times he was shown reporting on a conversation to the person it was about. He liked stirring up trouble.

So much of his story was about Tully and Tim that we didn’t see much of his smarmy side. He also was the alternative to the guys like Caleb, Matt, and Ed so he came off better.

Plus his actions were more acceptable in a younger guy. His thing now with Sam was a gross set-up.
He works better as a supporting character/sidekick than a main character.

I'm still laughing about Dave's noms, when BB asked him if he always does what Reggie wants, etc.

"Yeah, bra, I'm a lion, she's my lioness. We work together, that's how we bring down the gazelles."

Even though they are both pretty shit at this game, I really hope they get to the end together somehow.
Yes! I want them to be in the finals, I like both and will be disappointed that they don’t make it. They are so refreshing to watch.

Regarding Tim's tweet ... I see it from both sides. The girls believe or feel they were used as punching bags, so they mention it. Tim says that it didn't happen. Whether it did, or didn't, that is how the girls felt, so the girls continue on that line. Tim stresses that it didn't happen and tries to set the record straight ... but, unfortunately, he chooses heavy words ... most likely out of frustration cos he feels his message isn't getting across or believed. Should he retract or delete that tweet, yes, probably. Should he continue to try to get his side of things across; that it didn't happen Probably also yes, but be a bit more mindful. Social media be powerful and it can bite you hard.
You would make great councillor/ therapist. Really balanced in your summation. No blame rather understanding on why parties react

So I just saw Tim with Aleisha and Johnson go live with Jaycee. Tim said they’re over the whinging about things not being shown (I guess they think Estelle is going down that path too much).
Someone also asked Tim whether actions in the house cost a friendship and Tim responds, “no but Estelle’s behaviour post show has.”

This is truly upsetting to watch implode. I love them both so much.
Yeah this was gross and I am not even going there, I don't need to.
It's interesting how different people view it. To me, it was very clear that Estelle was upset at the lack of respect. Even if it was Drew not thinking and being selfish. A level of respect should have been there to begin with to prevent that. I also think BB was in the wrong for punishing Estelle for Drew's mistake.

Tim was trying to gaslight her and make it about her being upset over something silly like lollies. Not listening to what she was saying. Trying to explain away the wrong that was done to her. Trying to convince her she was been immature, selfish and wrong. When she is the aggrieved person. She had been wronged. She had lost out. She had been disrespected and Tim was trying to make her feel bad and wrong for feeling that way. Trying to reframe the entire situation for the other housemates as Estelle being unreasonable.

It reminded me of the bullying she had in her season when people went out of their way to ensure she had nothing nice in the house. Even when it didn't affect them.

Drew also, his actions was also trying to reframe his wrong as being an Estelle issue. He was not a man, he was a child. How hard is it for a simple, "Sorry I fucked up."

I wonder if this is a similar situation to how different people viewed wheat happened with Estelle in different ways in her original season.
100% it is like what he did with Dave. He is trying to setup me as a target so he is not.. So when I came down from HOH I would be the target....
If he was being my "friend" he would have kindly pulled me aside and explained. Jules and I were relying on Tim for the Johnson vote and he has systematically foiled every single plan I have made while fronting to me that he is playing with me.. I wouldn't have given a crap if he just said "dude I am not playing with you anymore like we were".
To me, it looked like Tim was setting up a 'stir session' with Estelle, after the chat he had with Drew to get Estelle to go.
It is the exact narrative that Drew says. The words to the effect of " we are going to set her up".
It is interesting as Drew and I actually just know we are playing the villain against one another in the show and that is so okay...
Yeah we’re going to need their comedic relief with tonight’s episode.
Tonight is going to be worse and it is so on brand what is happening right now it makes me uncomfortable. Ahh shit happens.

I can understand in the past that people found Tim funny, but this season features something different to others. Living in the house again can act as a context-depandant cue for unpleasant memories. Namely for Tully and Estelle. Like others have mentioned it did remind me a lot of scenarios with Ben Norris and Estelle in 2012. The environment well could bring those memories back and release emotions one cannot expect or control. I think that is one thing Tim doesn't take into account with the show is the emotional side for the contestants. More power to someone who can easily seperate the two, but not everyone can.

Back