Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

John is adorable! It was so nice to see him in his element and doing well. I like that they are peeling off the fans currently.

Poor John. So emotional. I hate to see someone so upset. But, you have to take the criticism. I don't like it when my partner says, nah, that wasn't your best. It's like daggers at dawn, but you have to accept sometimes it's just not the best!

Thing is he has been on this show before so he should already know what to expect? Also they could have easily just not shown that at all if they wanted to but the producers thought this will make good television.

I seem to remember back many years ago when this show started many on the old forums used to say just shed a few tears and you could possibly progress a bit further in this competition.

I just saw the end of tonight's episode when they were tasting Reynold's dish? dessert? Don't know I thought Zumbo's crazy creation the other day was weird but I think whatever the hell that thing that Reynold made looked even more wacky and weird than Zumbo's crazy dessert! LOL!

What exactly was Reynold's dish meant to resemble if anything at all?

Zumbo's was "Polly wants a waffle" Which was a wacky looking bird on waffles?

What was Reynold's dish meant to look like? "Turds on a plate with a couple of twigs"?

Cheers!

Being a vegetarian I can't comment on tonight's dishes. Although adapting them to vegetarian substitutes would make them quite appealing. First courses that is.
Mains, nah! The sauces sounded good.

Last edited:
I wonder what we have tonight .
With Big Brother starting Monday, my Masterchef days will have to change until the next day!

Random...still love Billie, Sashi, Tommy and Jules. Don't remember Michael.

I actually remember Michael as he's always cooking on that channel 10 show, not sure which one it is now there is so many nowadays...lol. Not like the old days when it was pretty much just "Iain Hewitson" cooking in the afternoons...lol

Cheers!

I remember Michael too. I've seen him on one of those shows too, and there are so many of them.
I like Justine the brst out of all of them.
Hewy was so annoying!

…oh dear… the big challenge on Masterchef on Sunday is an ‘egg-limination’… the challenge is for one single egg to be the ‘hero’ of the dish… wow!… hasn’t this show gone down the shit tube?… what happened to the days when they had to cook real fancy dishes like ‘Olive Oil- Confit Dog Balls infused with Cipollini Onions with Fig and Grape Agrodoice and Trufflated Shittake Stuffed Mushrooms steeped in Braised Fanny Juice Gravy’?… erm… A SINGLE EGG?… and here I was thinking that the great ’Waffle challenge’ was the ‘jumping the shark’ episode for this show?… boy… times sure have changed… cheers.

…oh dear… the big challenge on Masterchef on Sunday is an ‘egg-limination’… the challenge is for one single egg to be the ‘hero’ of the dish… wow!… hasn’t this show gone down the shit tube?… what happened to the days when they had to cook real fancy dishes like ‘Olive Oil- Confit Dog Balls infused with Cipollini Onions with Fig and Grape Agrodoice and Trufflated Shittake Stuffed Mushrooms steeped in Braised Fanny Juice Gravy’?… erm… A SINGLE EGG?… and here I was thinking that the great ’Waffle challenge’ was the ‘jumping the shark’ episode for this show?… boy… times sure have changed… cheers.
They've had the single egg challenge quite a few times...you wouldn't believe how many fail it. It really isn't that easy to cook a single egg perfectly no matter how accomplished and confident you are. How many times have we all cracked an egg and the yolk breaks? Immediate disaster if you only have the one.

ROFLMAO!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: That's a classic mate!

Ok it's now time for part 2 of the "Fairy Bread Challenge", let's see how it goes...

Judges: Ok Converse time to bring your dish up mate.

**walks up to the judges table and puts the plate down**

Judges: So what have you made for us here?

**Oh hi there this dish is my "Deconstructed Fairy Bread Semifreddo Vomit Puddle"**

Judges: "Oh wow this is just EPIC!" "You certainly hit this one out of the ballpark mate!" "It's certainly an acquired taste but I just love it!" "Did we mention again this dish is just EPIC on all levels?!?"

**Cheers thanks for that judges** :D

Speaking of eggs for the upcoming episode, I saw in the preview what looks like a contestant was trying to make a "Scotch Egg"?

Anyway Peter Russell Clark here in this clip used to make a mean "Scotch Egg" many years ago....lol

Cheers!

Speaking of eggs for the upcoming episode, I saw in the preview what looks like a contestant was trying to make a "Scotch Egg"?

Anyway Peter Russell Clark here in this clip used to make a mean "Scotch Egg" many years ago....lol

Cheers!

🤣😂😅😆😁… that’s brilliant Converse!… one of the funniest blooper reels I’ve ever seen lol!… who said that cooking can’t be fun lol!… great find!… cheers. 👍

**Oh hi there this dish is my "Deconstructed Fairy Bread Semifreddo Vomit Puddle"**
…ha!… that’s a classic!… (I’m drooling here)… I want some!… lol!… cheers.
😛
👅
😄

Back