Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

She’ll go. She has the support of the hardcore lefty #IStandWithDan morons.
I think so too.
But with the recent outbreaks, it would be seen as very irresponsible for her to leave in the middle of a crisis. But I suppose she can’t let that Pfizer vaccine that she jumped the queue for go to waste. (Joking, sorta).

But in all honestly, she was very critical of the PM being nowhere to be found during a crisis, would be hard to justify this trip.

120,000 people disagree with you unfortunately

Yeah but how many of them are QLD voters? Anyone in the world can sign a change.org petition. It's hardly come up in my water cooler conversations; we're more concerned about when the Sydney outbreak is going to reach us.

I would also note no one seems to care about the two male LNP politicians accompanying Annastacia on her trip.

Yeah but how many of them are QLD voters? Anyone in the world can sign a change.org petition. It's hardly come up in my water cooler conversations; we're more concerned about when the Sydney outbreak is going to reach us.

I would also note no one seems to care about the two male LNP politicians accompanying Annastacia on her trip.
Interesting point you raise. You know there has been zero mention of those two LNP politicians in any article I’ve read? I didn’t know until you mentioned it.

Also interesting that it’s not a topic of conversation in Queensland. It is discussed frequently around my friendship and work circles when there is mention of the Olympics or virus. Most agree that the optics aren’t good.

Ultimately the opinions of Queenslanders in all that matters though.

It's part of her job. It's completely fine for her to go. There was no stink when Scovid went to England. Besides a blip of morons complaining he spent a couple hours doing something for himself.

Why aren't all these people complaining also complaining about the athletes going? I also hadn't heard of the LNP politicians going.

My personal two cents worth is sending anyone to the Olympics during a pandemic seems like a risk that I am not sure I would take, nor do I understand the purpose in trying to hold such an event at this time. It feels like a massive superspreader activity to me. So I don't see the point in any peripheral characters attending either. It wouldn't matter who that person was.

Interesting point you raise. You know there has been zero mention of those two LNP politicians in any article I’ve read? I didn’t know until you mentioned it.

Also interesting that it’s not a topic of conversation in Queensland. It is discussed frequently around my friendship and work circles when there is mention of the Olympics or virus. Most agree that the optics aren’t good.

Ultimately the opinions of Queenslanders in all that matters though.
Admittedly when the Olympics do come up in conversation the bruhaha might get a side mention but mainly we're all bitching about how horrible traffic will be when/if it comes to town, and the cost.
It's part of her job. It's completely fine for her to go. There was no stink when Scovid went to England. Besides a blip of morons complaining he spent a couple hours doing something for himself.

Why aren't all these people complaining also complaining about the athletes going? I also hadn't heard of the LNP politicians going.
There's also very little complaining about how many spots were taken up with the recent "Coral Bleaching? What Coral Bleaching!" junket on the reef or the federal minister's tour of Europe trying to avoid the endangered designation.
You know there has been zero mention of those two LNP politicians in any article I’ve read? I didn’t know until you mentioned it.
I also hadn't heard of the LNP politicians going.
Yeah joining her is the LNP Lord Mayor of Brisbane and Liberal Federal Sports Minister. So that's all three levels of government represented. Which has been part of her reasoning for still going in order to present a "united" front.

I think the reason there is push back on her going to Japan is because she has been the one pushing for lower numbers of people being allowed back into Australia. In that light it seems a little off that she would be taking a spot back into the country.

I think the reason there is push back on her going to Japan is because she has been the one pushing for lower numbers of people being allowed back into Australia. In that light it seems a little off that she would be taking a spot back into the country.
True but at the end of the day it's the federal government who controls those borders. If they really wanted to they could have refused to lower the caps or done their job and set up appropriate quarantine centres so the concerns about porous hotel quarantine wouldn't necessitate lower caps. But of course the buck never stops with Scumo.

The only thing the feds have done well throughout this entire pandemic is avoid and transfer the blame for their failures. Aged care, quarantine, vaccinations...

Reactions: mad
Back