Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Maybe I am missing something but if the opening ceremony is spectatorless how is she supposed to be attending it anyway?

Maybe I am missing something but if the opening ceremony is spectatorless how is she supposed to be attending it anyway?
VIPs, officials and sponsors presumably the only ones in attendance. No ticket sales is my guess.

Whilst you can't always read too much into polls, support for the Morrison Government is pretty damn low.
Interestingly (or not so) Labor is the preferred party, but Morrison still leads as preferred PM. How this will translate at the election will be interesting.
I think its clear Australia doesn't think Albo will be an effective PM. The Labor party seriously needs to consider changing leaders if they want to win the next election.

Whilst you can't always read too much into polls, support for the Morrison Government is pretty damn low.
Interestingly (or not so) Labor is the preferred party, but Morrison still leads as preferred PM. How this will translate at the election will be interesting.
I think its clear Australia doesn't think Albo will be an effective PM. The Labor party seriously needs to consider changing leaders if they want to win the next election.
"Preferred PM" is always skewed in favour of the sitting PM. It's a pointless metric. I'm still annoyed that Shorten didn't get his chance. He'd have been a thousand times better than Morrison. Look at all the rorts and corruption this government has brought us, just shameful.

Gladys & Scomo's relationship on the rocks..

As tensions rise between the Prime Minister and the NSW Premier, senior colleagues say Ms Berejiklian is fed up with the political machinations seeking to retain her private discussions to the media.

“Gladys lost her sh*t. She said ‘That’s rubbish, that’s absolute rubbish’,” a NSW minister told news.com.au.

“She said, ‘If they want to start backgrounding on stuff like this, maybe it’s time I started leaking stuff that the PM says to me that never comes to fruition, like on vaccines’.”

I like Gladys. She has done a good job for NSW the past 5 years and I'm sad to see her go. We were lucky to have her.
I am curious to see the findings of the ICAC investigation. They would need to ensure it is significantly damaging to cause a sitting Premier to resign.

FAlKDISUcAEsl8j

This issue hit the stands today....

Yes that was exquisite timing. I wonder if Morrison had planned to announce the federal election today?

I'm thinking 27 November or 4 December.
I was thinking a pre-Christmas election was on the cards too.
He seems to be in the early stages of an election campaign. Opening the borders and letting us out, trying to get us all in a cheery mood.
Hopefully Australia doesn’t forget the last 3 years when we finally do get to vote.

In my opinion Gladys' performance went downhill in the last few months but I still prefer her over most other premiers. She has been the most realistic about the pandemic. If Dan Andrews fans and the left didn't like Gladys (I consider her a centrist) then what are they going to think of Perrottet if he becomes Premier?

Back