Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

PPE can be blamed either on the state government and/or the employer, and should be looked at in this case.

But the vaccination rules were dictated by federal government, so whether the driver was eligible to be vaccinated was not up to the state. The criteria were quite ridgid and did not think of outside the box jobs that needed to be thought of , so I doubt his role was covered. (eg listed jobs where you are interacting with aged care when vaccinated aged care, but not jobs where you are interacting with indigenous communties, at the same time indigenous communities were listed to be vaccinated). Yes his age made him eligible to have had AZ, but like many people who are eligible for AZ it doesn't mean he was keen to take it based on the blood clots, and the likelyhood that if he waited long enough he would get an option for something else.

If I was in charge of a limousine service I'd only put the vaccinated drivers on the airport shift. Regardless private services shouldn't be involved in transporting any international arrivals.

If I was in charge of a limousine service I'd only put the vaccinated drivers on the airport shift. Regardless private services shouldn't be involved in transporting any international arrivals.

Why though? It would not make a difference whether they are vaccinated or not.

It is well covered that the vaccine only stops you from not getting the virus seriously, not that it stops you spreading the virus.

It's long but reflects where we all are and is mildly amusing...if you can be bothered and haven't already seen it.

Sending positive vibes to inhabitants of NSW. Stay strong and safe.
I despise the shadenfraude of partisan state point scoring.
The measure of any healthy society is empathy and compassion.
Too many sad sacks willing to stick their useless infantile boots in.

Why though? It would not make a difference whether they are vaccinated or not.

It is well covered that the vaccine only stops you from not getting the virus seriously, not that it stops you spreading the virus.
Well regardless of transmissibility, if vaccinated drivers are less likely to become seriously ill from exposure then it's logical for the employer to assign those drivers to high risk jobs dealing with international air crew. Probably would be a big financial risk to the business if there's too many unvaccinated drivers having to take many more weeks off recovering from covid when they could have probably avoided it by doing the low risk jobs instead

Last edited:
Well regardless of transmissibility, if vaccinated drivers are less likely to become seriously ill from exposure then it's logical for the employer to assign those drivers to high risk jobs dealing with international air crew. Probably would be a big financial risk to the business if there's too many unvaccinated drivers having to take many more weeks off recovering from covid when they could have probably avoided it by doing the low risk jobs instead

I’d disagree with that. I believe that everyone should have a choice in whether they get the vaccine or not and that people should not have their jobs impacted due to their own personal preferences.

Emergency National Cabinet meeting called for today. This will be a big test for Morrison to see how he handles this one. I hope he steps up as a leader rather than deflect onto the Premiers. The virus has now spread into 4 states that we know of, so it's time to cut the political point scoring bullshit and develop a cohesive approach as a country.

Very eerie driving to work this working (I'm considered essential). Apart from trucks, roads were pretty dead, though school holidays are probably assisting with that. Hopefully those that can stay home, are staying home so we can get this over with and get back to lives.

A lock down in Sydney is estimated to cost the state $1 Billion a week, so its very easy to see why we use it as a last resort. I hope it works.

Let's get some perspective...

yes this might be the numbers but we only need to look at what has happened in other countries around the world if Australia had not adopted any covid strategies.

Because the current strains are more verilent it is worth being cautious. Death is not the only side effect of covid. whilst some people may only get mild symptoms some have ongoing helath issues and impacts on thier lungs and other organs as a result. These can be young and otherwise healthy people, that may end up with lifelong health issues.

Is it a bad thing to want this country to strive to be as covid free as possible?

yes this might be the numbers but we only need to look at what has happened in other countries around the world if Australia had not adopted any covid strategies.

Because the current strains are more verilent it is worth being cautious. Death is not the only side effect of covid. whilst some people may only get mild symptoms some have ongoing helath issues and impacts on thier lungs and other organs as a result. These can be young and otherwise healthy people, that may end up with lifelong health issues.

Is it a bad thing to want this country to strive to be as covid free as possible?

I think the restrictions are a bad thing as I agree more with the Alan Jones point of view. I think COVID is more of government fear and hysteria.

Plus, pursuing an elimination strategy is not helpful.

I think Australia have failed with their management of the virus. Sure there are less cases BUT other countries have learned to live with the virus. We have not.

Back