Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I don’t have any memory of watching Doctor Who in black and white and don’t have any emotional attachment to it being that way, so I’m in favour of colorising if the quality is good. Although I’m generally averse to colourisation as the quality hasn‘t generally been good enough in the past, but maybe the tech has improved.

I bought the recent Power Of The Daleks blu-ray, and watched it first in b&w, then in colour. I enjoyed both equally.
I also agree with the point ,made in the video that it is ok to digitally remove things that were actual mistakes - the sixties producers didn't want monsters bumping into cameras or boom mics appearing on screen. They were unavoidable mishaps due to limited time, money and technology, not part of the artistic vision.

David Tennant fans, have you found STAGED?
On Mondays 7.30, abc 22
Odd little lockdown 30 mins
With Michael Sheen, and guests, Dame Judy Dench is next
About preparing/rehearsing a play during lockdown on zoom, with the creator/writer....who is having a bit of a melt down by 2nd show last night
It is weird, and curious
Features David at home with his wife, the Doctor’s daughter (doubled, as she is a Doctor’s daughter in reality & on tv)
David & Michael are such great friends, they are fun together, ribbing each other.

which doctor companion combination from any of the classic and new series would be the worst?
I like them all, but sadly I'd have to say the current 'fam' gels the least, due to lack of characterisation and 3 of the 4 being not particularly good actors.

Of the classic series, probably the Sixth Doctor and Peri due to the bickering, though Nicola Bryant is beautiful and an exceptionally nice person.

...I love this article on how Jodie so loves playing The Doctor... in a popularity poll she came second to my favourite Doctor of all tlme (David Tennant of course)... but kudos to her for that... (I was such an anti-female Doctor protester and never thought that it would work but it kinda did much to my surprise)... but she really loves the role... well done her!... one bit of the article that I didn’t like is right at the end...”the newly redesigned Daleks”... why can’t they just leave them alone?... remember the fat Daleks?... what a disaster they were!... just leave them alone ffs!... on this link below... cheers.

Jodie Whittaker has revealed that she has no plans to end her Doctor Who tenure any time soon, claiming she “hasn’t even looked at another role” since she started playing the iconic character.

Speaking to The Telegraph, Whittaker said that she was looking forward to playing the Time Lord for the foreseeable future, while also opening up in her experiences in the role so far.

“To even question an end point [of Doctor Who] would be too upsetting,” she said, before explaining how her expectations of the part had already been surpassed.

“I had this idea that fame from Doctor Who would be like that Notting Hill image of Rhys Ifans [when he opens the front door to a horde of paparazzi] and it isn’t,” she explained. “If you bump into a Whovian, it genuinely makes both of your days.

“There’s something emotional, poetic and very humbling about being in the show, because you’re a tiny little jigsaw piece of something that is so precious to so many people.”

Whittaker took over the role from Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi after he left the show at the end of series 10, becoming the first woman to play the character in the show’s history.

She has now been in the role for two full series and has largely won praise for her performance – coming second place in a recent RadioTimes.com poll to determine the most popular Doctor, finishing narrowly behind winner David Tennant.

She will next be seen in this year’s Doctor Who Christmas special, Revolution of the Daleks, which will see her locked away in a high-security alien prison while her companions are forced to take on the newly redesigned Daleks.

I'm one of those who is absolutely fine with Jodie as the Doctor, though I'd like to see some improvement in the actual stories.
I too wish they'd stop messing with the Dalek designs. Too fat, too thin... why when the classic series had dozens of variations that were all just right?

...I found this article to be fantastic with an interview with some cast members too... well worth reading and watching... on this website below... cheers.

Doctor Who season 13: Cast, release date, plot, trailer and everything you need to know
What's next for Jodie Whittaker's Doctor?
3a20261e-448b-4e78-ac5f-d6eb161c77e0_1571838059.file

BY DAVID OPIE
23/12/2020

Back