Skip to main content

The Masked Singer AU 2020

It is undoubtedly Bonnie, without question - the clues don’t really match anybody else now, and the voice is far too similar.

I have also seen a couple of her Neighbours costars interact with her on Instagram and refer to her as @Bushranger with winky faces instead of by name. Whether this is in jest or not is up for speculation, but it’s fairly obvious.

A lot of the acts in the past few years, even those who did not win, went on to great success post Eurovision.
oh for sure. But I don’t think you can generally watch Eurovision and look for the ‘most marketable’ to help pick who will win. I don’t think that’s hugely taken into account when people vote. What’s marketable is so different country to country anyway.

I hope it's not true as I like this show and it would make it a farce.
Obviously the vocals are pre-recorded, but I take it on faith that the celebrity is in the costume at all times.
But some 'insider' has alleged that :
The celebrity is not even in the costume at any time other than the unveiling. At other times it is a double or dancer.

Obviously the vocals are pre-recorded, but I take it on faith that the celebrity is in the costume at all times.
The celebrity is not even in the costume at any time other than the unveiling. At other times it is a double or dancer.

Doubt it’s true.

3q2y.gif

Wait the masked singer isn't a farce?

There are degrees of farce that are acceptable and those that push it over the edge into arse.
If the only input from the celebrities was pre-recorded vocals and the unveiling, it's too much fakery for me.
It would be like, I dunno... finding out all the girls on The Bachelor are just Osher with a wig on.

Be rest assured the celebrities are indeed underneath the masks at every performance.

While I have my own doubts they're the ones in costume during filming for the clue packages (separate conversation), all celebrities are 100% present on set and sing live for the actual episodes. There is obviously an element of recorded vocals and autotune involved, but this is all done in post-production. It has been well documented that all celebrities are required to be on set for many hours both before and during shooting, and there's even photos of the audio recorder/microphone set-up that's in-built behind all the masks (with the celebrity inside) if you really want to look into this more.

The comments made by celebrities also prove this - you can tell they're not making up their experiences about rehearsing and performing for the judges. Gretel Killeen in particular has made some extraordinary comments about what the whole thing was like. All versions worldwide also have extreme security measures and non-disclosure agreements, unlike any other ordinary reality show.

The US version takes it one step further, with huge rules and restrictions surrounding the movement of each celebrity while they're on set in order for their identities never to be revealed. This includes putting masks on their family and friends, who attend in the audience to support them.

It has never been, and never will be, a double or dancer underneath the mask. It's part of the contract of the franchise.

Last edited:
Back