Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Gyms are thought dangerous because people breathe in and out heavily so more chance of taking the virus in, and being indoors it will hang around in the air too. So whether you got it or not generally better to avoid gyms.

It is a worry, I go to a small private gym with a personal trainer, so it's just my trainer, my girlfriend and I at anyone time. So it's better than most. From friends in Hong Kong, they said the gyms there are not restricted like here and they've had no reported transmission from gyms. I agree it's risky but who knows.

Test came back negative, so I am just really sore and sick from something else. Miserable weekend.

288 new cases today in Victoria. That's what happens with an incompetent Premier.

NSW now getting cases due to Victorians border crossing.

I'm in NSW & I'd much rather the VIC premier be leading me & my family. NSW won't close their borders, cos, MONEY. NSW police only ask VIC travellers getting of planes here their post code, no checking licenses, no checking temps, nadda.

It sickens me that we, the people are being reduced to a dollar value by the current federal govt.

It is a worry, I go to a small private gym with a personal trainer, so it's just my trainer, my girlfriend and I at anyone time. So it's better than most. From friends in Hong Kong, they said the gyms there are not restricted like here and they've had no reported transmission from gyms. I agree it's risky but who knows.

Test came back negative, so I am just really sore and sick from something else. Miserable weekend.

Holy jeepers UAN! Bet it sure put a lot into perspective about the ease of transmission. Glad you took the proactive steps that you did, rest up & hope you're feeling better soon :)

I hate to say it, but I think that second wave is going to come.
I cannot believe the stupidity of some people. More parties broken up at Bondi! Let alone other areas where people have abused the rules.

107669419_10158228011685617_8933000126240705501_o.jpg

Hi everyone, I remember mentioning in another thread that they will try and use this pandemic to try and steer people away from using cash and instead make people use electronic funds transfers. It seems that one major retailer Woolworths here in Australia is no longer accepting cash at some stores? It seems that the real life "Big Brother Is Always Watching" (all of your transactions for now) might be closer than you might think...:cautious:
Also yes I have been wearing a face mask for the last few weeks here in Melbourne whenever I go out for something. When I heard the news reports weeks ago that cases were starting to rise I thought it might be time to start wearing a mask. It's better than nothing especially as I regularly go to the shopping centre etc.

Also speaking of Safeway (Woolworths, sorry growing up in Melbourne it's always been "Safeway" to us and I loathe and just can't ever call it "Woolworths" or "Woolies" nope never..lol).

Anyway at my local Safeway I was quite suprised today that I was not allowed to purchase 3 bottles of fresh milk by the cashier. I replied back "what? are you kidding me? you've got to be joking!?. I said is there people out there now hoarding fresh milk mate? He was like it's our policy so that we maintain our stock levels. I said for starters fresh milk is only good for about a week it can't be frozen and stored away for months like other items? Also your fridges are chocka block with milk I doubt they would run out in a hurry. Anyway I just said ok just take one back then mate i'll just grab it from another store... :rolleyes:

I don't know about other stores around the country, but this Safeway store here in Melbourne has toilet paper coming out of it's ears everywhere they can't even get rid of it now. You can actually almost trip over it down the toilet paper isle that's how much stock they have. They even had some half price dunny paper near the front of the store, and even that was stacked high people weren't buying it...lol. So I would really like to know which stores these news articles mention that have completely empty shelves at the moment? Because at this store in a big shopping centre they certainly don't look like the shelves are low on anything at the moment.

Hi everyone, I remember mentioning in another thread that they will try and use this pandemic to try and steer people away from using cash and instead make people use electronic funds transfers. It seems that one major retailer Woolworths here in Australia is no longer accepting cash at some stores? It seems that the real life "Big Brother Is Always Watching" (all of your transactions for now) might be closer than you might think...:cautious:
Also yes I have been wearing a face mask for the last few weeks here in Melbourne whenever I go out for something. When I heard the news reports weeks ago that cases were starting to rise I thought it might be time to start wearing a mask. It's better than nothing especially as I regularly go to the shopping centre etc.

Also speaking of Safeway (Woolworths, sorry growing up in Melbourne it's always been "Safeway" to us and I loathe and just can't ever call it "Woolworths" or "Woolies" nope never..lol).

Anyway at my local Safeway I was quite suprised today that I was not allowed to purchase 3 bottles of fresh milk by the cashier. I replied back "what? are you kidding me? you've got to be joking!?. I said is there people out there now hoarding fresh milk mate? He was like it's our policy so that we maintain our stock levels. I said for starters fresh milk is only good for about a week it can't be frozen and stored away for months like other items? Also your fridges are chocka block with milk I doubt they would run out in a hurry. Anyway I just said ok just take one back then mate i'll just grab it from another store... :rolleyes:

I don't know about other stores around the country, but this Safeway store here in Melbourne has toilet paper coming out of it's ears everywhere they can't even get rid of it now. You can actually almost trip over it down the toilet paper isle that's how much stock they have. They even had some half price dunny paper near the front of the store, and even that was stacked high people weren't buying it...lol. So I would really like to know which stores these news articles mention that have completely empty shelves at the moment? Because at this store in a big shopping centre they certainly don't look like the shelves are low on anything at the moment.

Oh man the more n more I hear/read about the push to make us a cashless society, and especially the indue card (holy fuck that makes me SO cranky) The more n more I am starting to take action around me. I boycott woolies/safeway - mainly cos their "fresh" fruit if disgusting at my local store, more so that i'm discovering their wage theft of their employees, and their no shame adverts with climate denialist aka murdoch media. The milk thing on fresh is odd, cows are gunna eat grass n make milk, regardless of covid. I understand the longlife milk limits, but fresh:rolleyes:

Good on ya for wearing a mask in Melbs, an easy way to add a layer of protection to you & yours :)

A few of the shops where I live who weren't taking cash over those few months are now accepting cash again. Harris Farm is now card only so I won't shop there. A lot of their vegetables are questionable anyway.
Our Woolies is still taking cash, thankfully!

we have to wear masks now,it's compulsory in public spaces..even when walking your dog or running..masks!!
I have only come across one place that wont accept cash and that's seattle coffee co...but you can put cash in the tip
jar...weird!!
Alcohol is banned again because apparantly south africans must be treated like children..so there goes another industry into financial peril..they have already destroyed the tobacco,wine,alcohol and tourism industry

I wonder if one day historians next century will laugh or shriek in horror at our dirty old ways

Much as we look back at the filth in past eras, like queen liizzie 1 apparently bathing once yearly
And how the intro of personal and public hygiene has been the biggest good influence on curtailing disease and infection
How the further back you look the more gross western humans were
The world stank ....often think of that whilst watching period dramas and romance, filthy

Chairman Dan putting all our lives in risk. Bring on Stage 4 you inept idiot...

Didn’t you want all of the borders to open the other week? Now you’re begging for a Stage 4 lockdown.

Imagine if the other states followed ScoMo’s wishes. It would have been a disaster all over Australia at the moment.

Good on the other Premier’s for not bowing down to the pressure of the PM who only wanted the borders to open for the sake of the economy.

Australia would have been up shit creek if they followed. NSW looks to be learning the hard way.

Didn’t you want all of the borders to open the other week? Now you’re begging for a Stage 4 lockdown.

Imagine if the other states followed ScoMo’s wishes. It would have been a disaster all over Australia at the moment.

Good on the other Premier’s for not bowing down to pressure of the PM who only wanted the borders to open for the sake of the economy.

Australia would have been up shit creek if they followed. NSW looks to be learning the hard way.

Back