Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 8 Discussion (22 June)

Should Kieran be going home tonight?

• Yes, He is really annoying.

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • No, He is really cute.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Hmm, He is a bit of both.

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% They got rid of Allan who would have been a game player I think. They need people willing to make big moves, play on alliances and blindside people.
You say that as Garth, someone who made big moves and blindsided people got evicted for doing just that. :( It's always an easy target

The public hates Dan. He ain't winning. The likely winner is someone like Mat or Chad.
I think you're underestimating the amount of footy nuffies that will vote for him. He already has quite a strong online following (100k instagram followers) so hes gonna be pretty hard to beat if he makes it to the final 3. Hope he doesn't win personally.

You say that as Garth, someone who made big moves and blindsided people got evicted for doing just that. :( It's always an easy target
Yeah because I think there is too much of a stigma about ‘playing the game’ with this crew.
Channel 10 Aus Survivor Season 1 had some of the same issues. Got better as it went on with last season finally having a winner who was strategic and played the game hard and was rewarded rather than voted out early.

Also why is Kieran allowed to sing during the show, yesterday it was Dua Lipa and tonight it was Ariana. Did they get rights to these songs to showcase his amazing vocals for those few seconds? What happened to the “no singing commercial music” rule.

So apparently there is an Alphas upset tomorrow.

I just finished watching, some thoughts.

Watching the episode I felt like it was laying the groundwork for Dan to go. It was the clear storey thread that was being laid down. To the point where I correctly assumed he would not go. Which was worrisome.

During the voting montage I was thinking, "if this doesn't lead to Dan's eviction, it destroys the show." We are meant to get a somewhat accurate version of events in the house. Yes, that's impossible, yeah there is always going to be some bias and omissions and misrepresentations. Yet at its core, with Big Brother, we're meant to be observing. We're not meant to get curated narratives, with the actual narratives hidden and obscured. Or even worse, be given FALSE narratives.

This is a major issue in the non-public voting system and pre-recording. That was a random element because many people perceived things differently. Now we are getting the outcome determining the editing, the narrative we are being told.

After this eviction, we know for a fact that we can not trust the editing or the presentation of anything that is being shown to us. To a wildly extreme extent.

This episode killed Big Brother.

I just finished watching, some thoughts.

Watching the episode I felt like it was laying the groundwork for Dan to go. It was the clear storey thread that was being laid down. To the point where I correctly assumed he would not go. Which was worrisome.

During the voting montage I was thinking, "if this doesn't lead to Dan's eviction, it destroys the show." We are meant to get a somewhat accurate version of events in the house. Yes, that's impossible, yeah there is always going to be some bias and omissions and misrepresentations. Yet at its core, with Big Brother, we're meant to be observing. We're not meant to get curated narratives, with the actual narratives hidden and obscured. Or even worse, be given FALSE narratives.

This is a major issue in the non-public voting system and pre-recording. That was a random element because many people perceived things differently. Now we are getting the outcome determining the editing, the narrative we are being told.

After this eviction, we know for a fact that we can not trust the editing or the presentation of anything that is being shown to us. To a wildly extreme extent.

This episode killed Big Brother.

I'm not sure how you could think Dan goes from that edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back