Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 8 Discussion (22 June)

Should Kieran be going home tonight?

• Yes, He is really annoying.

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • No, He is really cute.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Hmm, He is a bit of both.

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't think that Zoe is a good cast for this prerecorded, curated version of BB. If it was a live show, and we had live stream access (doubt they'll go back there after turkey incidents etc., media companies are just too afraid these days, too insecure, sadly, I wish that would change -- grow some balls !!!), then we could really get to KNOW her, see her cooking up a storm, listen to the intricacies of her bitching and maneuvering, now that would be entertaining. Instead, we are ONLY given story based narrative, which results in a very flat character that we have nothing invested in. For this format, they need to case people that are centerfold drama types that will bring us air time and will show themselves to us.

Zoe would be a great addition on any season of big brother.

Are you referring to my post? If so, no she doesn't. All we have seen of her is some complaining about annoying people. We don't see her cooking. We don't see her bitching behind the scenes. We have a very limited view into Zoe's world.
All we know about her character is that she thinks she's somewhere in the alpha group and gets annoyed easily.

Are you referring to my post? If so, no she doesn't. All we have seen of her is some complaining about annoying people. We don't see her cooking. We don't see her bitching behind the scenes. We have a very limited view into Zoe's world.
All we know about her character is that she thinks she's somewhere in the alpha group and gets annoyed easily.

Yes she does. She's attractive.

The 'upset' will probably be someone like Zoe going.
I hope Zoe doesn't go cause I think she has the potential to play a good villain and seems intriguing.

I feel like there has been alot of lost potential with this series and I honestly don't understand how hard it is for them to at least show a 30 second convo or diary room entry from people who haven't been shown much yet. I think they should make a rule to give everyone at least 30 seconds - 1 min of camera focus an ep.

Of course they had people who were employed to pull out the best storylines to air for the daily shows but back then everything felt more natural now it just feels like we are watching a manipulated contrived version of the show.
I couldn't agree more. Some of them don't know how to act natural, that's why we see that they have learn a script

This is a step too far. The editing isn't just the story editors, it's now actively an unreliable narrator that is purposely misleading us.
I agree i'm not a fan of the misleading, but I think it's somewhat ok, otherwise some people would tune out during evictions if they knew who was going to go and it also creates suspense as to which way the vote is going to go

But they didn't mislead us?
Well, arguable. I believe @up_all_night is referring to the narrative, but on a similar note virtually every single shot we see during any given episode is another example of being misled.

Anyone who knows what to look for can tell that almost NONE of the reaction shots for ANY scene we've been shown since the season began actually happened alongside the dialogue or actions the scenes have been manipulated to look like they have. Absolutely none.

I believe this is also why many of the HMs are so frustrated and bitter about the show. It is portraying moments that literally did not happen in real life.

I agree i'm not a fan of the misleading, but I think it's somewhat ok, otherwise some people would tune out during evictions if they knew who was going to go and it also creates suspense as to which way the vote is going to go

I get why they did it and it's a problem with this format to keeping it entertaining. I just think it would have been more entertaining to have seen everyone playing Garth and what really went on. Instead of us knowing it was a misdirect to him, filling in the blanks. Maybe I was one Margarita too deep and missed something.

What would have satisfied me and made this a non-issue is if right after they announced Garth's eviction, we got a flashback package showing us everyone planning to fool Garth and what was going on behind his back. They could have put some oceans 11 music over it, had some fun with it.

It'd be something you can do with this format and fun.

Last edited:
I get why they did it and it's a problem with this format to keeping it entertaining. I just think it would have been more entertaining to have seen everyone playing Garth and what really went on. Instead of us knowing it was a misdirect to him, filling in the blanks. Maybe I was one Margarita too deep and missed something.

What would have satisfied me and made this a non-issue is if right after they announced Garth's eviction, we got a flashback package showing us everyone planning to fool Garth and what was going on behind his back. They could have put some oceans 11 music over it, had some fun with it.

Garth knew he was a dead man walking anyway.

I felt cheated last night. It is all very well to give us a surprise, but misleading us by showing only one possible evicted, that didn't work for me. Show us the talk that went on against both Garth and Dan. I didn't care who was going, but the way it was done was ridiculous IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back