Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 8 Discussion (22 June)

Should Kieran be going home tonight?

• Yes, He is really annoying.

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • No, He is really cute.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Hmm, He is a bit of both.

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not realize that Big Brother has been employing a team of professional story tellers since the beginning of the channel ten days?

Of course they had people who were employed to pull out the best storylines to air for the daily shows but back then everything felt more natural now it just feels like we are watching a manipulated contrived version of the show.

Last edited:
Do you not realize that Big Brother has been employing a team of professional story tellers since the beginning of the channel ten days?
Correct - but in no way near the way you are implying.

If you own or can get your hands on the Big Brother AU DVD released in 2003, I suggest watching the behind-the-scenes making of a Daily Show episode featurette.

Last edited:
Can't believe Angela blindsided Garth, i'm finding her abit bitchy. But she's still a QUEEN.

OMFG, she should totally join housewives.

Angela didn't blindside Garth.
We saw the moment Angela realised Garth was shady, and from that point on she owed him no loyalty at all.

Of course they had people who were employed to pull out the best storylines to air for the daily shows but back then everything felt more natural now it just feels like we are watching a manipulated contrived version of the show.

I recently read a behind the scenes BBAU 2007 article that stated there were '10 storytellers' employed by the production team among others.

Why does Garth call Xavier 'Ex-avier'?
He's probably never seen it written down, so why doesn't he think it's 'Zavier'?

God, wish this show was half as popular around here. Takes me longer to catch up on the thread than it does to watch. 38 pages today too, the highest so far (it had dropped from around 36 to 32 last week if that's any indication of how the show is doing!).

Anyhow, how much better is the show when it isn't edited around Kieran. He barely featured today and it was probably the easiest watch so far. I'll get the bad out of the way first - they wasted the Angela reveal and letters from home after two weeks was pointless, especially as we were supposed to care about Shane and his family when we haven't even seen Shane or I think the VT with his family. I thought the focus he was getting today meant he was a gonna.

Fair play for them stepping up their gameplay today - actually shows that far from being the most strategic player in the house Kieran is probably the least - he's just so bad at it he's made himself out to be an idiot. The boys plan wasn't bad and bringing in Shane was quite a smart move. I'm not sure this format needed them to risk themselves though as the night before they didn't have the numbers and if Ian went then Dan certainly could have gone too - that seemed to be relying far more on popularity than strategy, but fair play to them for being willing to put themselves in the firing line - even though in this case using Kieran and Marissa as pawns may have been the safer move. Will be interesting to if Zoe is now seen as the threat Angela was now she's had two wins in a row too.

I think though we really are missing any form of eviction interview in this format - it doesn't have to be much but Sonia just having a few words and putting a few questions in the evictees direction outside the house would be better than the brief car chat. I'm not a fan of the huge tribal scenario as it seems to be designed to sway housemates in a certain direction, though fair play to Xavier for speaking out. I think he's probably outed himself as the brains of the Alpha alliance rather than the minion, and is probably now more likely to go over the others first, but it is clear from the three sentences he has spoken in 8 shows he is there to play.

So apparently there is an Alphas upset tomorrow.

That's good to hear. After knowing vaguely who will be in the finals, there are a few players I could still be invested in, but there is one player in particular that I want to see gone and his ultra snarky, narcissistic ego removed from the show stat. In fact, his heavy rock personality has created what for me, is an unpleasant vibe in the house where everybody in one group is looking up to him to make the next move (although they possibly don't see it). While I don't mind alpha players, especially in Survivor, if they have positive outlooks, funny, I will root for them all the way to the end. But a snarky alpha player who puts on these snide faces when things don't go their way, I just can't handle it.

In all honesty this last episode was a tragedy. People were too focused and zoomed in on the little picture and didn't take out the biggest threat in the game, when they were offered the opportunity on a golden platter. Their immediate sense of 'righteousness' and the 'right way to play the game' and their emotions, I suppose, got in the way of a stunning move.

That's good to hear. After knowing vaguely who will be in the finals, there are a few players I could still be invested in, but there is one player in particular that I want to see gone and his ultra snarky, narcissistic ego removed from the show stat. In fact, his heavy rock personality has created what for me, is an unpleasant vibe in the house where everybody in one group is looking up to him to make the next move (although they possibly don't see it). While I don't mind alpha players, especially in Survivor, if they have positive outlooks, funny, I will root for them all the way to the end. But a snarky alpha player who puts on these snide faces when things don't go their way, I just can't handle it.

In all honesty this last episode was a tragedy. People were too focused and zoomed in on the little picture and didn't take out the biggest threat in the game, when they were offered the opportunity on a golden platter. Their immediate sense of 'righteousness' and the 'right way to play the game' and their emotions, I suppose, got in the way of a stunning move.

The 'upset' will probably be someone like Zoe going.

God, wish this show was half as popular around here. Takes me longer to catch up on the thread than it does to watch. 38 pages today too, the highest so far (it had dropped from around 36 to 32 last week if that's any indication of how the show is doing!).

Anyhow, how much better is the show when it isn't edited around Kieran. He barely featured today and it was probably the easiest watch so far. I'll get the bad out of the way first - they wasted the Angela reveal and letters from home after two weeks was pointless, especially as we were supposed to care about Shane and his family when we haven't even seen Shane or I think the VT with his family. I thought the focus he was getting today meant he was a gonna.

Fair play for them stepping up their gameplay today - actually shows that far from being the most strategic player in the house Kieran is probably the least - he's just so bad at it he's made himself out to be an idiot. The boys plan wasn't bad and bringing in Shane was quite a smart move. I'm not sure this format needed them to risk themselves though as the night before they didn't have the numbers and if Ian went then Dan certainly could have gone too - that seemed to be relying far more on popularity than strategy, but fair play to them for being willing to put themselves in the firing line - even though in this case using Kieran and Marissa as pawns may have been the safer move. Will be interesting to if Zoe is now seen as the threat Angela was now she's had two wins in a row too.

I think though we really are missing any form of eviction interview in this format - it doesn't have to be much but Sonia just having a few words and putting a few questions in the evictees direction outside the house would be better than the brief car chat. I'm not a fan of the huge tribal scenario as it seems to be designed to sway housemates in a certain direction, though fair play to Xavier for speaking out. I think he's probably outed himself as the brains of the Alpha alliance rather than the minion, and is probably now more likely to go over the others first, but it is clear from the three sentences he has spoken in 8 shows he is there to play.

Sonia interviews the housemates in that Eye Spy show on 7plus.

Honestly, I don't think that Zoe is a good cast for this prerecorded, curated version of BB. If it was a live show, and we had live stream access (doubt they'll go back there after turkey incidents etc., media companies are just too afraid these days, too insecure, sadly, I wish that would change -- grow some balls !!!), then we could really get to KNOW her, see her cooking up a storm, listen to the intricacies of her bitching and maneuvering, now that would be entertaining. Instead, we are ONLY given story based narrative, which results in a very flat character that we have nothing invested in. For this format, they need to case people that are centerfold drama types that will bring us air time and will show themselves to us.

If you own or can get your hands on the Big Brother AU DVD released in 2003, I suggest watching the behind-the-scenes making of a Daily Show episode featurette.
Do you know if this is available anywhere, i.e. youtube? Or could you up it? Very interested to watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back